Bill Bagwell Knives

i think most people want damascus for the unique and beautiful looks, i know i did.

I think damascus is beautiful and has exceptional performance but that's my opinion and I can't really back it up with anything apart from that's the way I want it to be :p.
Yea he sent me an email yesterday Joe telling me how it was all coming along and I just can't wait.
Yea I think it is a bit bigger than Joe's. I'm 6ft2 and long arms so that helps a bit. Wish my brother's father in law was looking one. He's 6ft8 and has to turn sideways to fit through a normal door :D.
I'm really looking forward to seeing it and feeling it. I read somewhere that someone said that Bill is making some of the best work of his life; glad I'm taking advantage of it :D

Good on ya. Something bout having a big Bowie on ya does make ya feel sort of in touch with history and urself. Just need to get the boots on and the hat and then I feel like a northern irish fella should . . . totally out of place :D

Btw I totally intend to take pics for yas all when it arrives :)

(sent an email to you Joe from my hotmail one, cheers for the info :) )

Last edited:
Just spoke to Bill for the first time Sun. night to place an order for a damascus Hell's Belle. It's my first custom knife, so he caught me totally off guard with all his questions about shirt size, height, weight etc. lol I had no idea he based blade length off your vital stats. very friendly and outgoing guy even to a newbie like me.
I'm from PA and he informed me he'd be in my neck of the woods for an expo in early Feb. my knife won't be finished until Dec. '09, so I think I'll stop by to say howdy to a legend and hopefully see some of his work in person to hold me over! Pootsy, he mentioned you while I was talking to him...I don't imagine there are too many other dudes from northern Ireland who have orders with him right now lol. he DIDN'T tell me you'd be getting your blade so soon though you lucky dog! thanks again JParanee for providing me with his number...I was ready to smash my monitor out of frustration trying to find a website with his contact info.

Yea, it took me a lot of searching to eventually find his email and phone number and all. Glad to know I'm popular :p. Yea I have actually got mine made really quickly in my opinion. I have another custom on order from a man in England and it has been in manufacture for nearly 3 years now.
I love the way when he starts your knife, your knife gets his full attention and he does devote himself to it. Such an admirable quality in a man that he wants to make the best knife not only for himself but also for you.

Trip5896 I live in Pa and will be stopping out to see Bill also. He usually stays with me a night or so. let me know when you are going maybe we can meet up. I will carry a Bagwell when i go to the show my # 610 657 9515

I love the way when he starts your knife, your knife gets his full attention and he does devote himself to it. Such an admirable quality in a man that he wants to make the best knife not only for himself but also for you.
amen brother! i've had relative good experiences with the custom knifemakers i've bought from but there is just something reassuring when Bill told me i would get my knife on time and we both would be proud of it. afterall he has been doing this for a living for awhile now hasn't he;)

Yea, I think I read he made his first knife when he was about 10 so he has been making kknives for over half a century. The amount of knowledge that he has is immense and all of it goes into every knife and it is a blessing that he wants the knife to be perfect for you. Part of me wishes he would make me a massive 14 inch blade bowie but as you said if Bill who swings a hammer round all day would find a 12.5 inch blade hard to wield well I would bow to that knowledge :p.

i know he has made some 13" blades for collectors but i've never seen the pics of them. the shock value alone would probably scare away any badguys:p

Trip5896 I live in Pa and will be stopping out to see Bill also. He usually stays with me a night or so. let me know when you are going maybe we can meet up. I will carry a Bagwell when i go to the show my # 610 657 9515

small world, brother, and all that sounds good to me. I'm James from Bloomsburg btw.
I just ran across some of the pics of you and Bill from last year at your house on another thread. all I can say is that's an impressive collection of trophies. I didn't realize you and Bill were actually friends or that you were an such an avid big game hunter.
what day(s) were you planning on going to the show?

New guy here. Here's a pic of my 1990 Bagwell fighter. Not too fancy but feels great in the hand. He was really cranking them out around the whole Desert Shield/Storm timeframe.

bagwell4.jpg

Wish I could get over to some of these knife shows. :( . I like that one there. That'd be the kind of bowie i'd take hiking with me up the Mournes here in Northern Ireland. Nice and plain but something you could beat your life on. Good to see some more pics. Would still love to see one of that show where all the Bagwells were on show.

New guy here. Here's a pic of my 1990 Bagwell fighter. Not too fancy but feels great in the hand. He was really cranking them out around the whole Desert Shield/Storm timeframe.

bagwell4.jpg

I love Bill's simple forged carbon pieces. thats a nice one thanks for posting

Back