Bill Bagwell Knives

small world, brother, and all that sounds good to me. I'm James from Bloomsburg btw.
I just ran across some of the pics of you and Bill from last year at your house on another thread. all I can say is that's an impressive collection of trophies. I didn't realize you and Bill were actually friends or that you were an such an avid big game hunter.
what day(s) were you planning on going to the show?

I do not know yet when the Harrisburg sportsman show gets closer give me a call or when ever ya get a chance. You have my # my email is JParanee@aol.com

thanks Joe

that is a nice piece HSJackson. my HB isn't the greatest utility bowie in the world but i'm still happy with it. out of curiosity are those more forward balanced than the fighter bowies?

The praise the Hells Belle's gets is well deserved but those simple forged carbon stag bowie's in the 9 1/2 inch range that he makes believe it or not are probale my favorite .. They have great balance and fell great in the hand . They are true fighters and can also cover a wide range of tasks.

i'm probably really sticking my foot in my mouth but the old CS trailmaster bowie is one of my favorites for that very reason. hey it was my first bowie, what can i say!

I love the Laredo too myself only wish they would have done the handle in a octagon shape rather than a square. The edgs can bite into your hand a bit, though it does help to tell you that the knife is there. Trailmaster was always a fave of mine too. Cold Steel don't do too bad on the big knives :)

JParanee, on post #26 you stated Bill did not seem interested in making a knife for you when you first called, can you go into detail why?

Does anyone know his current backlog?

Does Bill answer his emails?

JParanee, on post #26 you stated Bill did not seem interested in making a knife for you when you first called, can you go into detail why?

Does anyone know his current backlog?

Does Bill answer his emails?

When I first contaacted Bill he was busy shooting for Go Ex black Powder and was only making knives when he wanted and what he wanted. Bill did not know me from Adam and I imagine he gets a lot of tire kickers. After he saw that I was serious he was great to work with as long as you let him build what he wants with in reason. You can pick certain options but mostly he will ask some questions and then tell you what he will make for you. He is an outstanding guy and believe me He makes a hell of a knife. Once Bill knows you are serious he is great to deal with and finishes knives on time. He is rural and his computer gives him problems at times so it is best to call him 1 903 938 0905 . Any one interested in a classic forged combat bowie should contact him he has been focused on making knives again and he is doing his best work right now. For awhileb he was very focused on competitive shooting and he seems to have renewed vigor in making blades again. I think he is only really interested in making bowies and not really taking orders for the smaller blades. But it never hurt to ask he is not shy and will tell you what he will do for you.

Bill does have an e-mail address but i also recommend calling him. he will ask you several questions like shoe, pant, shirt size, weight and height. this might seem strange but he uses this to design the knife to you. trust me it works like a dream! Bill flat out told me it is easier for him to ask those questions over the phone than shoot 20 e-mails back and forth;)

you are looking at a 12 month backorder date but this thread alone seems to be generating more and more interest. lol

Mr. Bagwell was at the Ohio Classic show last year with some of his very fine looking bowies in tow. I recall that he hadn't done a knife show in a while before that. I could see the subtle design changes that he had made over the years. His current knives look a bit different than the one I used to have. To begn with, they have a mirror finish nowadays and they seem to have more "curve" to the clip. My old one had a straight clip.

You are right Joe my old carbon stag has a straight clip the new one a bit of a curve. The mirror finish some hate but actually on a piece you are going to use I have found they resist rust a bit better and I can buff out light scratches on a buffer pretty well.

Joe would love to see some pics of your stuff I saw the last one you posted and they looked great. Would love to see some close ups. Going Striper Fishing in the morning its cold but the fish are there.

ya, more pics please! there has to be a few guys around here with a Bagwell in their collection.:)

Yea, I'm really surprised we haven't more pictures. Glad to see the man that is Mr Bagwell getting some well deservd recognition as the fine Bowie blade smith that he is :D more pics :D

Bill is one of the nicest guys you can ever meet. Some call him opinionated and so forth but he was the first maker that ever took an interest in showing me how to make a knife. I will try to get pics of my Bagwell tonight i have a tomahawk he made a few years back.

You are right Joe my old carbon stag has a straight clip the new one a bit of a curve. The mirror finish some hate but actually on a piece you are going to use I have found they resist rust a bit better and I can buff out light scratches on a buffer pretty well.

Joe would love to see some pics of your stuff I saw the last one you posted and they looked great. Would love to see some close ups. Going Striper Fishing in the morning its cold but the fish are there.
Those 2 stag bowies are currently visiting Mr. Cooper and should be home soon:D

I don't think I've ever seen any Bagwells photographed by Coop , loooking forward to that :D :D

Pootsy the knives getting photographed by coop are fro Joe Mandt. Joe is a great guy and likes Bagwell knives alot so I am anxious to see the bowie's he is talking about I am sure they will be great .. Sorry for the confusion:D

These two kinda favor Russ Andrews style, but I did just forge out a slender 10 inch bagwell style blade yesterday and I am going to see how many peices of wood I can screw up trying to do a coffin handle:D To me, Bill Bagwell is kind of like the Chuck Berry of modern forged fighting bowies. Other guys may play cleaner and faster, but its still a Chuck Berry riff:thumbup:

Back