Blade Brothers Discovery 9pm

this is the most fake show i have ever seen. saying you must have a set time to get soak time on stainless steel is bull or it will warp and i doublt he got 12000 buck is wrong if he puts it in a vise to air cool like everyone else it will not warp this show is crap of people in the know you can't fool intelligent people

Last edited:
this is the most fake show i have ever seen. saying you must have a set time to get soak time on stainless steel is bull or it will warp and i doublt he got 12000 buck is wrong if he puts it in a vise to air cool like everyone else it will not warp this show is crap of people in the know you can't fool intelligent people

Please use punctuation...it hurt to read that. But, I agree. The drama/acting was a little over the top and annoying.

I hope future shows will show more of the entire process.

I don't think there will be future shows. On the Discovery website it said it was a two show series???

Anyway, I liked it OK, but the brother Mark was annoying. I don't like any reality shows, and Its not the type of knives I like but it was a show about knives at least.

I hate reality TV--adults acting like emotionally retarded twelve year olds. I didn't see this one, but sounds like I didn't miss anything.

Too bad--I love to see knife makers at work.

I took the time to watch the first two episodes, but that's more than enough for me.

Two is more than enough for me as well. A better option in my mind would be a show similar to the Meet Your Maker Youtube video KnifeHQ did on Chris Reeve.

i have to say, as a hobbiest knife maker that i was disapointed with the blade brothers show. maybe the rest of the shows will be better. seems like the same type of show as american chopper, even has the bearded goofy brother that can only contribute a lame attempt at comedy relief.
just my 2 cents.

Todd is a master ! If he was closer and on the East coast I would work for him and help fill those orders. 6 year wait !

Last edited:
Another "American Chopper" but with knives? Season after season of phony drama in which viewers never actually learned a damn thing about motorcycles???

So the prediction was not far off?

Oh come on people! This is the first show about "knife making" and your bashing it? I hope future shows will show more of the entire process.

Hope you didn't waste ten years watching the chopper show waiting for the episode where they finally show how to build a motorcycle.

Caught the last ten minutes or so. Too much like OC Choppers.

Thought Todd held his own pretty well, but it's just too dumbed down.

Should have hired a couple of girls to be his "sisters". ;)

Around here, it reruns on Sat afternoon and Sun morning.

It's "Reality" TV, and as such, it's entertainment. If you want some sort of documentary, then watch How It's Made, etc.

I'm by no means some knife newbie, but I enjoyed both episodes, as entertainment.

It's "Reality" TV, and as such, it's entertainment.

Funny, I've never been entertained by "Reality" TV. Cheap shows, poorly written and badly acted have just never been a draw for me. Oh well, it's good that there are lots of choices for different tastes.

You gotta love the old channel names though. :D

The Discovery Channel
The Learning Channel
Arts & Entertainment
The History Channel

I watched the show last night and I was disappointed. The brothers made 2 knives that I wouldn't call knives. They were more like Hibbden on steroids. Throughout the show I caught glimpses of folders and fixed blades but no real looks. The rest of the show was about his wacky brothers and it was like pulling teeth. I suppose if your looking for the next generation of weapons that Frost will be copying then this show is for you.To bad because Todd Begg can make some really nice knives but his price point is for millionaires. I give it 3 thumbsdown:(
:thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn:
Wazu013

Last edited:
I was flipping through the channels last night and saw part of the show...I like what I saw. Knife making TV show is too cool.

Guys,
The thing to remember is that there are a LOT of people that do not know some people spend their lives making custom knives. Yes, this was a fake-drama, scripted Discovery channel show. However, there are hundreds of thousands of guys that will be standing in their offices Monday morning sipping coffee saying, "Did you see that show about those guys that were making custom knives? I would like one of those...." Then they google "custom knife" and we have added another knife collector to our market. As more and more people start making knives, we have to expand the market or we will all go broke. Yes, I would have much rather seen a show along the lines of "the Woodwright's shop" from PBS featuring a knifemaker doing hand work rather than running a CAD design and biting his nails while his "Rug rats" actually made the blade, but that would have never made the viewership this one got. Be happy... THERE WERE KNIFEMAKERS ON TV!

It's "Reality" TV, and as such, it's entertainment. If you want some sort of documentary, then watch How It's Made, etc.

I'm by no means some knife newbie, but I enjoyed both episodes, as entertainment.

How It's Made is the best show ever.

Back