1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Blade HQ Fail . I hope they make it right!

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Heathen619, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heathen619

Heathen619

Nov 26, 2013
    Seriously! No kidding one of the coolest boxes ever....You mess up the black band... ruined, LOL
    What it should look like 589262286_tp.jpg

2. RedLynx

RedLynx Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Very sorry to hear you and your father didn't see much of one another/get along well. I do not know what that is like but I know I wouldn't enjoy it. No idea what went on with you guys, all I can say is, I'm sure you're already striving to be the best you can be and perhaps one day, if you aren't already, you can be a good father to a child of your own, and let them know as often as possible that you're proud of them and that they're the best son/daughter you ever wanted. All the best to you.

3. The Logical One

The Logical One Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2011
    First of all I'm very sorry about your loss. We all deal with problems differently but personally for me when a life changing tragedy like that happens it makes me realize that there are much worse things in life. I could be having the worse day ever but all the tragedies in my life serve as reminders that it could always be a lot worse.

Don't sweat the small things in life kid......

4. Sunyata

Sunyata

Mar 27, 2014
    I've paid more than that and used the knife to cut the box to ribbons after i sharpened it so I can test it.

5. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Don't striders come in a bag? LOL..We're you planning on framing the box?

I once bought a bottle of Hennessy XO and kept the bottle thinking it was so awesome, soon to realize, it's only a bottle, and there are many other cognacs out there that need to be tried.

If I kept this behavior up, I'd have a closet full of empty cognac bottles and knife boxes:p

Ps.. I feel your pain op, my pops died at 43 years young; drank himself to death. We never got along either, but it took me 3 years after his death to realize I wasn't being dragged down by him anymore; oddly, life got better...;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  6. Heathen619

Heathen619

Nov 26, 2013
    Its all good homie. I took it bad, I shared to people who enjoy knive a much as I do, All replys GOOD , BAD, AND UGLY. Are what this place is about.
    My pops was a dick! We never got alone..EVER. And i think thats the part im all KOOKED out about the most.

BUT SERIOUSLY! WHO SEES A BLACK BAND , WITH A SHINY SILVER SKULL AND THINKS...IM PUTTING A STICKER OVER THAT..

7. Ludwig

Ludwig

Feb 25, 2007
    You are going to get crapped on for being a drama queen - using expressions like "sadness" and "feel like I could throw up" over some sticker residue on a box? And then bragging that a $400+ knife is a "cheap azz piece of shyt" to you?

Get real. You could have cleaned the box up in two minutes with Goo-Gone or lighter fluid. BladeHQ might have even accepted an exchange though I think they should really just have a good laugh over your request. Sorry about your loss but you are the one coming on here complaining about this nonsense when your father just passed away.

8. Sunyata

Sunyata

Mar 27, 2014
    ME!

It looks like something that would be on the back of a truck next to the monster logo, famous logo, and the silhouette of a fat girl working the pole.

9. Nomo4me

Nomo4me

Mar 22, 2014
    Said Rosy O'Donnell........... Never!

10. Nomo4me

Nomo4me

Mar 22, 2014
    I don't identify with your values but have to criticize Blade HQ here for not showing respect to the idiosyncrasies that would drive a buyer to such a knife. I'm local and know them to run a quality shop. You paid the price of admission - I'd replace the box if it meant that much to you.

11. SpookStrickland

SpookStrickland

Sep 27, 2012
    Unless it's a 30 year old vintage knife and box, not too many people are going to care about putting stickers on it. Maybe next time give them some "special" handling instructions with your order.

12. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    Contact BHQ and explain your issue to them.Please post back here and let us know what happens.I try not to think about why other people do what they do, or why they think the way they do.If I was unhappy with a purchase, then the solution is easy.....I would call them and return the purchase for a full refund.Problem solved and keep trucking......

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  13. Heathen619

Heathen619

Nov 26, 2013
    I will get in touch with them and I have found out that the DPx Offices are less than 10 miles from my house! I will just stop by Tuesday.... FKME RIGHT?!?!?

14. Heathen619

Heathen619

Nov 26, 2013
    Blade HQ is my #1 choice in online knife buying, I have spent alot of money with them and hold them in high regards! It is the site i send my friends to. They will make it right! its what they do.
    And the funny thing is that i live less than 10 miles from the DPx Head Quarters,
    And it wa suppose to read Blade HQ Fail? not fail .

15. Heathen619

Heathen619

Nov 26, 2013
    I know! That what i like about it. It so Xgames Xtreme slam a MT Dew cool...

16. Heathen619

Heathen619

Nov 26, 2013
    just comment to be a dick?

You are reading into my post with nothing but hate... relax dude. it will be ok... breath in. hold it.................and exhale
    And my dad was a dick and i feel low about being a dick back and us never yada yada yada. the classic unfinished biz stuff. you know what i mean. BHQ is the best online site in my opinion. I send my friends there.

and i was just foolin around with you above.

17. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    No you need to be happy and feel good about your purchase.You will get it right and persevere.

18. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    [video=youtube;wYCpWblDKok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wYCpWblDKok[/video]

19. dcmartin

dcmartin

Oct 25, 2010
    Sorry for your loss, whether you and your pops got along or not.... A loss of family is still a pretty big loss. Since you live by DPX in SD, for sure stop by. They are very nice folks and I'm sure they'd be glad to help you.

I remember this one time when I picked up Hinderer here on the exchange (a while back), the guy sent it in its own box Lol. That's right, this guy put my address and his return address along with the postage and a crap-load of tape on the HINDERER Box! I wound up buying some goodies from Hinderer and they sent me a new box.... When I told them about what had happened we had a good laugh.

When my pops passed away, I definitely felt like many of my emotions were amplified.... The lows were really low......it gets better with time.

Keep your head up

20. EChoil

EChoil Banned BANNED

May 22, 2014
    How 'bout that Triple Black?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.