• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Blade HQ Fail . I hope they make it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a long time to get over your dad's death. Mine was great and died in 1986 and I still wish we could have spent more time together.

I think the MFG or BHQ will replace your box - no big deal. I wonder why you haven't already sent yours out.

And to all the haters: In many other hobbies, for instance high end and vintage audio - people get more upset about boxes than OP. They save them all. They pride themselves on their "complete" kits. Manuals without a crease or wrinkle that are 30 years old, and the shipping box to match.

First of all I'm very sorry about your loss. We all deal with problems differently but personally for me when a life changing tragedy like that happens it makes me realize that there are much worse things in life. I could be having the worse day ever but all the tragedies in my life serve as reminders that it could always be a lot worse.

Don't sweat the small things in life kid......

After all it is a box and IIRC you said you were gonna beat on the knife anyway so why get over some residue that's most likely easily removed. We're you find display your beat on knife in a pristine box?

My grandfather used to box.

He boxed oranges in Florida. :D

DC

My grandfather's in a box.

IBTM

OP, are you seriously not going to even mention the beautiful Triple Black you have sitting in your "Sickening" box? No offense, but for the love of god, please grow male parts and talk about your knife instead of crying like a spoiled child about the box it came in, some of us are actually interested in blades, and not petty things like sticker residue.

No offense, but what you said is most certainly offensive and ignorant, plus it gives an impression of lacking in the department of people skills/communication.

While I do not agree with terming this as a "fail", he's got as much right to voice his opinion as anyone, and he paid his money for the knife. You didn't pay for his knife nor do you know him or his situation. And if this is being held as a collector's item, a flawless box can make a huge difference on value. But that's really a moot point.

If you disagree with him, there are ways to word it which are civil, and others which are inflammatory (often which are intentional to provoke a reaction).

The OP should have contacted the dealer or the manufaturer about the issue way before starting a hate thread that is in the wrong section. Based on the content this should be in GBU. Based on all the fake swearing, infractions should be handed out or this should be moved to Wine and Cheese.

OP, you say there should have been a "?" behind the fail, so change it, you have that power.

Sorry for your loss but starting a thread like this is not a good way to deal. If I was in your situation, I would not care about a box, or a knife for that matter. There are way more important things in life.

Exactly when did American boys start morphing into American girls? This has got to be at or near the top of silliest threads on the old www. Incredible.

Where you went wrong was assuming that knife will appreciate in value to the point that a future buyer would honestly care about the condition of the box.

Also, you do know Pawn Stars of completely fake and scripted, right?

The OP should have contacted the dealer or the manufaturer about the issue way before starting a hate thread that is in the wrong section. Based on the content this should be in GBU. Based on all the fake swearing, infractions should be handed out or this should be moved to Wine and Cheese.

I could not agree more.

Mods please close this thread. It is very unfair to Blade HQ, an excellent retailer that offers brilliant customer service.

One positive about threads like this, it gives me fair warning of who to avoid like the plague in future dealings.

I could not agree more.

Mods please close this thread. It is very unfair to Blade HQ, an excellent retailer that offers brilliant customer service.

One positive about threads like this, it gives me fair warning of who to avoid like the plague in future dealings.

Agreed.

If the OP ever replies "I'll take it" to any of my future sales threads, I'll reply "No, you won't."

1) You need to get a grip.

2) After the owner's behavior on BF, you couldn't pay me to buy a DPX knife.

this, plus with DPX having pretty much the stupidest logo in existence, I would prefer the whole box and the knife be wrapped in many layers of duct tape.

Someone asked about item 2:

Here is a decent summary from another thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...st-post-November-2011?p=13399399#post13399399

Here is the thread where most of the crap happened:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ed-gif-pictures-of-kittehs-and-Hot-Chick-zone

Here is the now-closed DPx forum where you can read about this garbage to your heart's content:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/858-DPx-Hostile-Environment-Survival-Tools

I also thought it was poor behavior that Pelton designed a knife incorporating a wave-like feature, bragged about it opening the knife when pulled from your pocket, then claimed ignorance of Emerson's innovation and said it was just a bottle opener. Contrast that to a company like Spyderco that goes out of its way to give credit to designers and innovators.

O.M.G.

This thread started off bad enough.

And quickly went down hill from there.

I can't believe this is still in the general forum.

This smells of bad Whine and smelly Cheese to me.

As far as I'm concerned the OP was wrong to start this negative thread in the first place. Using the word Fail when there seems to be no problem with the actual product (or service for that matter). From there he only digs the hole deeper as the pages pile up. He should have closed the thread after his first apology.

Big Mike

Where you went wrong was assuming that knife will appreciate in value to the point that a future buyer would honestly care about the condition of the box.

Also, you do know Pawn Stars of completely fake and scripted, right?

I've seen this phenomena myself first hand. I've had customers that have returned knives because they were not in the right box (weird, I know). I've had customers that also feel a knife is not new if it is not in its correct box (again, weird, I know). I have been asked "does it come in the box?" so many times I could not even begin to estimate just how many people have asked me. I also sometimes compare eBay final sales and have observed a trend of older-new items in their original box versus older-new items not in a box generally do not sell at the same price. To each his own I guess, as boxes never meant a lot to me, but they are important to some owners.

I also think the good news here is that this is not a big problem at all (and far away from a "fail"). Blade HQ has great customer service and they go out of their way to make customers happy. I am sure the maker likely is in the same boat. Contacting them is the only way to see, because not a single one of us can really do anything about this situation.

What ever happened to the concept or common decency of giving someone a chance to "Make It Right" before starting a hate thread?

If I receive a knife and the knife, or the packaging or anything else about it for that matter bothers me I'm either going to contact the seller or the manufacture and give them a chance to make it right. Only if I'm still unsatisfied would I publicly disparage them.

I see this more and more these day's. Instead of contacting the seller and seeing if they will correct one's issue people are starting a thread first.

I think we would all appreciate the opportunity to correct something before we have to read about how we "failed". Especially a business that relies heavily on reputation and word of mouth for their business.

Starting a thread should be the last resort after all else fails, not the first thing you do but that's just my opinion.

It takes a long time to get over your dad's death. Mine was great and died in 1986 and I still wish we could have spent more time together.

That's sort of what I'm trying to remember through all of this, that perhaps this event is causing this behavior/issue. It must be tough. I wouldn't be posting on a forum and such about problems like this if my father had just passed, but we all deal with this stuff in different ways. I hope that in normal life this sticker would not be an issue for the OP, but it's important to remember we're all different.

Man, that sucks. You should probably get a refund, and then give the money to a charity. It will make you feel a lot better than a box, just sayin'. You could donate in your dad's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back