BladeForums.com COVID-19 Response

First case on November 17 2019..Likely a employees from the Level 4 bio lab in Wuhann sold test animals in the wet market. Strange that it impacts older people severely. This virus will impact the world's economy more than a nuclear bomb going off! Any suggestion that it's man made is stamped on hard too. As a bio wepon its perfect because it's impossible to stop it because so many infect others before it's diagnosed. It will come in waves for over a year or more and weaken the western world's economy and cause a recession that will last for years. Florida's unemployment is expected to pass 25% because of all the service jobs in our economy. I sure hope whoever made this is found out..That information will never come out but you can bet our government is looking. China will come out of this disaster well you can count on that. I just hope it was 'accidental' and not part of a long range plan.

If you think you're stuck at home, alone, bored, remember there are those without access to the Internet and no cell service. :D

richard-proenneke4.jpg
Social Distancing World Champion 1968-1999.

First case on November 17 2019..Likely a employees from the Level 4 bio lab in Wuhann sold test animals in the wet market. Strange that it impacts older people severely. This virus will impact the world's economy more than a nuclear bomb going off! Any suggestion that it's man made is stamped on hard too. As a bio wepon its perfect because it's impossible to stop it because so many infect others before it's diagnosed. It will come in waves for over a year or more and weaken the western world's economy and cause a recession that will last for years. Florida's unemployment is expected to pass 25% because of all the service jobs in our economy. I sure hope whoever made this is found out..That information will never come out but you can bet our government is looking. China will come out of this disaster well you can count on that. I just hope it was 'accidental' and not part of a long range plan.
If the western economies fail they stop buying chinese stuff. Not sure that's a good strategy. Especially as this has to enhance the rebuilding of the West's long redundant home industries. Especially in the toilet paper sector. :D

Wow, you're right, and very insightful, please tell me more.

sonofwilfred sonofwilfred , I bought two of those knives, but I got mine in a light green. I ordered them after only seeing a picture, and yikes, did I get a surprise when I opened the tins! The blades might be stubby, but very wide. The guy who put the edge on them was truly a master. My boxes say "Artisan" on them somewhere, but to my knowledge this was my first purchase with that company.

Seems like the Chinese military went to a lot of trouble to infect 81,000 of their own people, kill 3,200 of them and bring their own economy to a standstill for months.

No one knows for sure, but epidemiologists have been warning for years about wild viruses like Ebola and SARS that live in bats, which have great immune systems and laugh at viruses. Live animal food markets are a likely source of transmission: from bats to other wild animals to humans. Chinese scientists published papers about this danger a year ago, but their government ignored them and in the beginning tried to cover it up, just as our government dragged its feet on adequate preparation even after the spread in China was widely known.

Right now it's a war between the human race and the virus. Better if the humans don't turn on each other.

Last edited:
Seems like the Chinese military went to a lot of trouble to infect 81,000 of their own people, kill 3,200 of them and bring their own economy to a standstill for months.
You are assuming it was done on purpose. You would be surprised at what some people will do to make a buck. If infected animals were sent to be disposed of, and the underpaid "disposer" decided that those animals would be better served as money in his pocket, I can see this happening very easily without government intent or involvement.

Where do I get one?

I’d go For extra, extra large, that doesn’t look like it clears 6 feet all the way around him.
I agree. It should actually be at least a 12 foot diameter circle. Maybe a hoop of pvc pipe would work best. You could wrap it in some high vis tape. I would like to see one of these in action!

I agree. It should actually be at least a 12 foot diameter circle. Maybe a hoop of pvc pipe would work best. You could wrap it in some high vis tape. I would like to see one of these in action!

Agreed!
Yeah, that guy’s waistline isn’t too large, so maybe only 13–14 feet. Imagine the guy with 48”+ waist!

Or a “quick trip” to the toilet? “Trip” being the operative word.

Great for family gatherings…

sonofwilfred sonofwilfred , I bought two of those knives, but I got mine in a light green. I ordered them after only seeing a picture, and yikes, did I get a surprise when I opened the tins! The blades might be stubby, but very wide. The guy who put the edge on them was truly a master. My boxes say "Artisan" on them somewhere, but to my knowledge this was my first purchase with that company.
OzwB3Ju.jpg

I do really like it. It gets used alot.

Buffs, neck gaiters, and bandanas will come in handy with the shortage of face masks . A 10" square , $40 hank won't do you much good.

weatherneck-animation-v1-medium_27edbbe2-f960-4919-ad66-23b814f2ac56_600x600.gif

Be safe out there!
Taking stock of what I have around the house in case I need to make a trip to the grocery store.
uZwwRNT.jpg

Back