Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

I am a huge fan of Boker Solingen slipjoints
1C744296-634D-4F18-9E11-B751DC6D385D.jpeg

Fine looker that knife. :cool: Some have elsewhere and understandably voiced annoyance over Böker's (or more likely the sellers' and owners' promiscuous use of the term 'Barlow' to define some of their recent knives.) I'd say yours qualifies in spirit as it shows the correct ratio of bolster to slabs and uses a very attractive mix of Micarta to do this.

I hope your enthusiasm grows :thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

I decided to focus on just barlows that I HAVE to have from Boker, so I've already moved this along to a better home, but I feel it deserves to be here still. Boker really knows how to make a great knife.

6J5VwpF.jpg

CvVuvs7.jpg

uaaqVct.jpg

I decided to focus on just barlows that I HAVE to have from Boker, so I've already moved this along to a better home, but I feel it deserves to be here still. Boker really knows how to make a great knife.

6J5VwpF.jpg

CvVuvs7.jpg

uaaqVct.jpg
That’s a beauty Brian. I was slow on the draw for that one. 😄

I am kind of intrigued by the PRIME Barlow, how does it feel in hand with the sharp corners? The EDC version seems to have a smoother shape, but without bolster and liners...

6J5VwpF.jpg

CvVuvs7.jpg

uaaqVct.jpg
Hmmm, this one looks familiar! Thanks for passing it on the me, Brian. Sometimes it pays to spend so much time on the forum. I'm always aware when a new knife hits the exchange! It really is a fine knife!
vwWT0vj.jpg

Hmmm, this one looks familiar! Thanks for passing it on the me, Brian. Sometimes it pays to spend so much time on the forum. I'm always aware when a new knife hits the exchange! It really is a fine knife!
vwWT0vj.jpg

I'm glad you're enjoying the Boker, Gary! It's always great to send a knife along to what is bound to be a great, new home. :D

What a great thread! Has put me in a reflective mood as I read and looked at all the great pictures of these beautiful knives.

Back in the 1980s, my dad ran a sharpening business to augment his policeman‘s salary. He found that he could be a pocketknife salesman as well, so got catalogs from Ka bar and Boker. Back then, all of the Bokers I knew of were made in Solingen.

I loved whittling, and had a cheap Frontier medium stockman I used for that. I got him to buy me a Boker Tree Brand Whittler with carbon steel blades and synthetic stag covers - and it was a much better knife than any I’d ever had or any of my friends had. Did a lot of work with that knife, as my EDC for everything pocketknife, until I inevitably lost it sometime in high school.

I was reminiscing about that knife sometime after I got married, and lo and behold, a rosewood covers example was my birthday present from dad that year. Nice for a watch pocket knife, takes and holds a great edge. The shield has long since fallen out (may have been in Egypt, since I carried it there for some months).

I have a Boker Plus SAK equivalent, and it is a very nice tool. The only other Solingen Boker I have is a 4 blade Congress with deeply grooved brown bone covers. Just got it, actually, and it is one of the nicest pocketknives in my collection. Beautiful, and extremely well made.

I have no picture hosting at the moment, but will try to put it up when I figure something out for that.

Back