Bose Knives

Been away for a spell. Some Bose knife photos for ya'll.

My 3.5" modified stockman no.1 in as ground D-2
tumblr_otsituj6yf1rzq6m9o2_1280.jpg

Reese works his magic with hand-dyed and jigged bone
tumblr_otsituj6yf1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

This is an interesting Coffin Jack knife with nice stag covers because it's double signed and co-built by both Tony & Reese. It was confirmed by Reese that is was built by request of a customer a few years ago.
I received it recently from Mark Strauss who advised me of its history.
9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
What a treasure, Steve. Thanks for posting it.

I picked up this T. Bose trapper with stag covers and the covers are each quite different, but each are very nice in their own right in my opinion. They are definitely not matching though. The blade 154cm steel , and it's about 7 & 1/4 OAL and 4 & 1/8" closed.
Anyway, thought I share here in the Bose thread. Opinions on non-matching stag always welcome.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up this T. Bose trapper with stag covers and the covers are each quite different, but each are very nice in their own right in my opinion. They are definitely not matching though. The blade 154cm steel , and it's about 7 & 1/4 OAL and 4 & 1/8" closed.
Anyway, thought I share here in the Bose thread. Opinions on non-matching stag always welcome.
View attachment 742505 View attachment 742506

That's a fine looking knife! I used to fret about mismatched stag but I've compromised with myself. As long as it's close to the same color, and well hafted, it's really still quite nice and doesn't keep me from enjoying the knife. I've got a few that have the same issue and I've learned to love 'em!

That's a fine looking knife! I used to fret about mismatched stag but I've compromised with myself. As long as it's close to the same color, and well hafted, it's really still quite nice and doesn't keep me from enjoying the knife. I've got a few that have the same issue and I've learned to love 'em!
Thank you, Gary. I have to admit I was very slightly disappointed at first which is why I was looking for opinions. I appreciate you and Alan weighing in.

Best regards,
Steve

Stag can be tricky material as far as coloring. I know of knife makers ,more than one,that told me sometimes you can cut scales from one section of a round,the same section,and after hafting get color variation.

PS Nice knives lately fella's and that last trapper is sweet!!!

Stag can be tricky material as far as coloring. I know of knife makers ,more than one,that told me sometimes you can cut scales from one section of a round,the same section,and after hafting get color variation.
Vince, Thank you. I appreciate your input. Hope all is well with you.

My Dad rarely had the same hubcaps on both sides of the car. He was plenty happy to match them on either side, rather than all the way around. He said nobody paid that much attention.

I understand that stag is getting increasingly hard to come by for a new knife. Is anybody else hearing that?

Back