Photos Buck Knives in Action!

I just chopped through. While the 124 is not a chopper, it isn’t half bad at acting like one. Made quick work of those smaller trees.

I think it’s because of the thin grind. The knife bites way deeper than one would usually expect a ~6inch knife to.

I've never handled a 124, but the diversity of your action shots is making me want to try one.

Watermelon, burgers, sausage, asparagus, and mushrooms! The family ate well today.

sIh06Dv.jpg

ivt14pK.jpg

DgXJTnX.jpg

oEYZozx.jpg

Processed a pineapple and carved a pair of spice spoons. For the spoons, I used a small flexcut gouge for the bowl and the Frontiersman for everything else. They haven’t been sanded / oiled yet, but once they are, the bowls of the spoons will be completely smooth.

UQdAdzO.jpg
oSJS6fZ.jpg
qd46iJ0.jpg
3qPSqTg.jpg
Enzo, I must say I am in awe of your skills! Particularly with a 124! You must teach us all "The Way of the 124".

Just looking at all the 'work' the 124 is capable of made me think.."Beware of the man with one knife because he knows how to use it" and the fact I have never seen any of Bucks bigger fixed blades sharpened down like you see many folders..Back in the real old days I bet most men only carried a decent sized fixed blade because the folding knives of the time just were not as dependable as modern folders are.

Went scalloping over the 4th wknd, limited on scallops ea day and got a bonus of a flounder, he was 13 1/4" Taken with the 110 slim and missed one over twice his size. I usually won't take one under 16" there's just not much meat on the little ones, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to stick it with the 110 slim. It then got filleted with the Buck fillet knife.
I purchased the 484 with a broken blade just so I could grind it down to a scallop knife to carry as I like to snack on them as I collect them. They don't get any sweeter than fresh outa the shell.
buck 110 slim blue 20220704_101409.jpg
Buck 484 20220702_103533.jpg

I have enjoyed this thread. I don’t have a 124 but now I think need one. Enzo, That is very nice work with that size of blade.

Back