Photos Buck Knives in Action!

The Special knocking up some onions and tomatoes for lunch.:thumbsup:
gxCuVMv.jpg

pineapple harvesting time before bears get them...here's one I did today....

20220724_141911.jpg
this ones almost yellow so super sweet and ripe. i like to keep them to more yellow on the plant but bears smell them and come and take 'em. so had to bring it in. regardless none of that all green unripe and turn brown overpriced grocery store crud......

20220724_141846.jpg
stalk cut with 5160 119, might as well use it to cut it up while I'm at it.....
20220724_141808.jpg
done and bagged for fridge. I eat the core just cause I always have. figure i earned it doing the work.

got many more to bring in.......wont bore y'all with any more pics.......

View attachment 1879606
this ones almost yellow so super sweet and ripe. i like to keep them to more yellow on the plant but bears smell them and come and take 'em. so had to bring it in. regardless none of that all green unripe and turn brown overpriced grocery store crud......

View attachment 1879607
View attachment 1879609
done and bagged for fridge. I eat the core just cause I always have. figure i earned it doing the work.

Pineapple patina!👍🍍

Pineapple patina!👍🍍

New Custom Shop offering!!
👍🤣😁👍
John 🏁
it didn't do much as I washed it right after work done and before rather last pic was taken.

the vines in my fence and yard area they stain it instantly.......thats why ya see the black lines on it. its from them. btw that knife is GPyros he sold to me awhile back......

View attachment 1879606

View attachment 1879607
View attachment 1879609

does the core become edible when pineapples ripen on the plant for a longer time? I was under the impression that they were just inedible?

does the core become edible when pineapples ripen on the plant for a longer time? I was under the impression that they were just inedible?
they are still firm or harder. they are edible. a bit more bitter and less sweet, but tasty to me. I tend to cut more than just the core in my cutting style. so it has meat around that core and the core is actually much smaller than it appears on the pics. I eat the meat off it first and then just chew up the core.......

kinda like apples. I eat the whole apple minus the stem. I eat the core and seeds too. my grandfather taught me this as boy on not wasting food. its a bit bitter, but I dont mind it myself......

now banana peels or skins I dont eat even though edible too. I dont care for them, but my grandfather ate those too.

they are still firm or harder. they are edible. a bit more bitter and less sweet, but tasty to me. I tend to cut more than just the core in my cutting style. so it has meat around that core and the core is actually much smaller than it appears on the pics. I eat the meat off it first and then just chew up the core.......

kinda like apples. I eat the whole apple minus the stem. I eat the core and seeds too. my grandfather taught me this as boy on not wasting food. its a bit bitter, but I dont mind it myself......

now banana peels or skins I dont eat even though edible too. I dont care for them, but my grandfather ate those too.
I eat the whole apple. Way less messy

👊

DCCBAC4E-8CD1-4DAC-BB4E-B3003E0166E9.jpegF8E0DC36-1147-4769-83C0-379C8697C11E.jpeg1787BD03-3494-48DA-A4F2-937142074CC5.jpeg
I’ve got an obsession with Artichokes for some reason. I cook 4 every Sunday and eat them all week.

I’ve tried all kinds of ways to prepare them and mix it up. Sometimes stuffed sometimes not.

One thing I know is I don’t like dealing with the choke at meal time. I’ve found it’s easier to remove the choke after they are cooked. Cut in half and scrape with a spoon.

Then I found out the BUCK SPREADER is much much better than the spoon. I cut across right at the base of the hairs then push the rounded tip to the back. Usually I can lift the choke out in one piece. No scraping. No spoon. Minimal waste of the heart.

Last edited:
View attachment 1885960View attachment 1885959View attachment 1885961
I’ve got an obsession with Artichokes for some reason. I cook 4 every Sunday and eat them all week.

I’ve tried all kinds of ways to prepare them and mix it up. Sometimes stuffed sometimes not.

One thing I know is I don’t like dealing with the choke at meal time. I’ve found it’s easier to remove the choke after they are cooked. Cut in half and scrape with a spoon.

Then I found out the BUCK SPREADER is much much better than the spoon. I cut across right at the base of the hairs then push the rounded tip to the back. Usually I can lift the choke out in one piece. No scraping. No spoon. Minimal waste of the heart.
what's your favorite prep?

I’ve done the full blown core out the choke from the top and stuff them. I consider that restaurant style. Its a lot of work. But if I do it that way I finish them in the toaster oven to brown the stuffing.

One time instead of breadcrumbs I pulverized a small bag of doritos mixed with Parmesan for stuffing. I have to say it was pretty good!

So usually I just cut the top off. Get some Parmesan cheese inside a few of the leaves drizzle with olive oil and steam them for 45 minutes.

Today was the first time I left the stems on. Kind of nice because it kept them above the water.

Once they are cooked halved and cleaned. They go into the fridge to eat all week. If I eat them cold I sometimes dip the leaves in mayonnaise if reheated melted butter is better.

Most of the time I just eat them plain a little salt or some Hidden Valley Ranch powder sprinkled on.

Last edited:
View attachment 1885960View attachment 1885959View attachment 1885961

Steam Them then marinate them with balsamic vinaigrette then barbecue them then mix some mayonnaise with some fresh chopped tarragon to dip the leaves in your welcome

Back