Photos Buck Knives in Action!

My oldest - my son - has a few fixed blades already so I gave each of my three girls their first fixed blade today: a new 538 Open Season Small Game knife. Here’s a cross one of them came up with. And within the first 30 minutes, my youngest was stabbing hers in the dirt while cutting the stem to harvest a butternut squash. LOL! And I’m just fine with that. As long as they’re using them and being safe - we can work on the finer points. Besides, they were meant to be used. :)

8C378AF8-9FAC-4D31-931D-80523C7B4A0E.jpeg

Culprit99 it's always a hard call when to introduce a Child to knives..I waited until my granddaughter's were 8 and 9 before I gave them both small folders after a pinky swear they would NOT take them to school. It was no big deal in the late 50's early 60's but today it would probably have the child arrested. It's mans oldest tool!

This is one of the most abusive things i do to my blade. I often need to cut electrical tape off of my fish tapes. I either cut the tape as straight as possible until i run into the steel,. Or if i have romex taped to it, i end up slicing into copper... the key to getting paid is speed... it stays sharp to cut nylon string, mule tape, wood and whatever between sharpening, which is once every couple months. Getting to the point where my ceramic stones sharpen it up somewhat ok...

Somehow, the tip is a bit porked. View attachment 1932250View attachment 1932268

Last edited:
Culprit99 it's always a hard call when to introduce a Child to knives..I waited until my granddaughter's were 8 and 9 before I gave them both small folders after a pinky swear they would NOT take them to school. It was no big deal in the late 50's early 60's but today it would probably have the child arrested. It's mans oldest tool!
It's a shame that things that used to be common place like teaching your kids to camp, make a fire , hunt. Makes you feel like a criminal around some people these days...if you don't teach your kids to be responsible, when do they learn?

I'm shocked by some of the knife laws in Canada and especially Britain. A thumb stud is illegal? In Britain they have national programs to round off the points of kitchen knives? No locking folders?? Wow...

The wife needed some holy guacamole for her 7 layer dip... hunted down these veggies with my pursuit and whipped some up for her... our teams not in the super bowl, but she was born in KS, so Let's Go KC! Can't stand the eagles anyway... I always think of and feel bad for the poor children of Philadelphia, who have to grow up eagles and flyers fans... poor lost souls should have a foundation set up for them... :eek::D:D:eek:

View attachment 2080465View attachment 2080466View attachment 2080467View attachment 2080468View attachment 2080469

Back