BUNDOK BOWIE, an Introduction.....

I just got shipping confirmation for a 6.8 LB box from KABAR!! So much CroVan on the way!!

Got mine too. I talked to Tara at KA-BAR today, and she told me I would get the shipping info this evening.

ethan - that's a nice looking design! i'm filipino so i feel honored that you decided to name a knife after our word for mountain...my mom sometimes calls me "taong bundok" (basically, mountain man) because i seem to always spend my weekends up there.

i might just have to re-create this pic for when i get mine :D here fishy...fishy...fishy.

029_014.jpg

I like this... it looks like a more carefully designed version of the long-desired Beast-K2!

I like this... it looks like a more carefully designed version of the long-desired Beast-K2!

beast-k2! i was one of them asking for one years ago. well, after handling a few busse that's 10" long and 1/4" thick (and some that are even thicker :eek:) at a knife show and barely being able to lift it off the table, no less trying to swing it, i quickly changed my mind!

with that said, i do have a 10.25" long blade, almost 1/4" thick but full height ground and it does make a huge difference in swing feel...much more usable compared to a full-on beast-k2...will be interesting to compare it with the bundok.

beckerland_beastk2.jpg

MY son just completed an order. He is totally pumped! He did not have any of these. I don't have a 4. Cant wait to see...

Makes me want to buy another...but what would I do with the extra parts (aka the 4 & 5)?

Sell them here on the forums? Either that, or host a gaw for one or two? Then again, One can never have too many beckers.

:thumbup:

boon·docks (ˈbo͞onˌdäks)
noun NORTH AMERICAN informal
rough, remote, or isolated country.
"we're out here in the boondocks, miles from a telephone"
synonyms: backwater, hinterland, backwoods, backcountry, middle of nowhere;

So, now that I know what a Bundok REALLY is, this song has somehow forever changed for me...
[video=youtube;dWw9-iygCfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWw9-iygCfM[/video]

Sell them here on the forums? Either that, or host a gaw for one or two? Then again, One can never have too many beckers.
Honestly, I would probably keep all 3 packaged as received from Kabar. Somebody's bound to want the set in five years, or so. (At this moment, I'm not planning on purchasing another set...but that could change by Monday; so if anybody else wants a BK20, get 'em while they last.)

Honestly, I would probably keep all 3 packaged as received from Kabar. Somebody's bound to want the set in five years, or so. (At this moment, I'm not planning on purchasing another set...but that could change by Monday; so if anybody else wants a BK20, get 'em while they last.)

i expect to see a lot of 4s and 5s flipped soon.

400+ ;) probably $40 shipped even.

course, a few saavy people will buy a few 20s, and flip them later.

if i'm a betting man, KaBar will sell the BK20 again, in limited runs, for $250 to $300, but without extras.

i expect to see a lot of 4s and 5s flipped soon.

400+ ;) probably $40 shipped even.

course, a few saavy people will buy a few 20s, and flip them later.

if i'm a betting man, KaBar will sell the BK20 again, in limited runs, for $250 to $300, but without extras.
$250-300? That would be rediculous. Who would pay that for a BK20. Even the BK21 is no where near that price and it is a much larger knife. $100-150 at most should be what it is worth.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

$250-300? That would be rediculous. Who would pay that for a BK20. Even the BK21 is no where near that price and it is a much larger knife. $100-150 at most should be what it is worth.

ah. worth. worth to you?

if they sell at $250, they are worth that to someone.

the 20 is much thicker than the 21. the 21 is longer...

at 1.35 vs 1.40 lbs each, they are basically the same weight - that's .8 ounce difference

the msrp of the 21 is $200 and change, street price is lower but it's "mass produced"

a 450 sprint run is not mass produced. if it sells well, they might do more, but i would not expect mass produced.

sprints cost more money, due to tooling and all that. $200 for three knives? nice. one the free knives are gone, i don't expect the price to change for "just one", except "go up".

it's a good idea for KaBar; i'd say we should get used to the model, and paying more.

it's worth it.

Back