1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Bushcraft in Full Flat Grind S90V !!!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by DavidZ, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    Sal, I would pick one up, if it were available.

2. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I'd love to see the FB04 Street Bowie blade with the Claycomb handle, and S90V would be icing on the cake. I live where there is no bush to craft, but I use a knife a lot. The Street Bowie blade would be great if it had a decent handle, but I just can't deal with Fred Perrin's "ergonomics".

3. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    This^

4. senorsquare

senorsquare Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2012
    ^^ +1. A 3V Bushcraft would be one badass blade.

5. Bull Mountain Custom

Bull Mountain Custom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I would certainly be in for one. I love my Phil Wilson South Fork and it would make for another great addition to my small but growing fixed blade options. I am finding that I prefer a fixed blade while in the woods and this combo would fit the bill nicely. Hope to see this get a place in the production queue!

6. TrojanSteel

TrojanSteel Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 22, 2013
    3v sells like hotcakes in the Survive GSO 4.1. These knives probably compete for the same market.

7. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    In FFG and S90V, I would think the knife would be not only a great bushcraft blade but a great hunter's knife as well.

8. Ji_Long

Ji_Long

Aug 2, 2013
    I love my bushcraft in 0 1. I would purchase another one in any steel you wrapped that handle around.

9. Custom

Custom

Jan 15, 2012
    I agree with farmer, 3v would match the knife better imo

10. DapperDan

DapperDan

Aug 3, 2009
    I would be in for one.:thumbup:

11. Bull Mountain Custom

Sep 3, 2008
    Handled this knife at the SFO today and the handle is perfection. If a full flat grind of this knife is released I will be buying one.

12. vvk

vvk

Feb 16, 2005
    hallelujah brother! 3V is exactly what outdoors knife needs - it is much tougher and more rust resistant than O1 and is miles better than S90v for outdoorsy activitieties . I have Kostner's bushcraft in 3V and could not be happier.

13. Bull Mountain Custom

Sep 3, 2008
    I am going to keep this thread at the top until we talk Sal into moving forward.

14. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Amen to that! OK Spydie fans lets hear it for more blade and steel choices with this awesome handle shape! Lets "see the roar" :):thumbup:

15. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    3V and full height convex would be even more awesome ;)

Maybe kydex sheath and black/green micarta like on the Hossoms?

16. foofie

foofie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Oh wow - this sounds about perfect now.

17. bladefan

bladefan

Dec 14, 2000
    Bushcraft in k390 please :D

18. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I would love to own this knife. I would wager that it would be just another entry into Spyderco's fixed blades that are extremely utilitarian while approaching artistic levels of aesthetics. However, I doubt I would be able to afford it. Maybe by the time it goes into production I will!

19. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Now that would be awesome!

20. Bull Mountain Custom

Sep 3, 2008
    I would have no complaints with K390, S110V would be great also and lets not forget about M4!