Busse Combat Proudly Presents Son Of Swat (S.O.S) LE and BG NOW LIVE!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand how full size SwatMandu cost much cheaper than it little brother...

A while back there was a thread about Jerry designing a 'first knife' that would be suitable for kids, and my initial thought was that this would fit that bill. I was seriously considering getting two of the S.O.S in BG - one each for my boy who turns 13 later this year, and my wife. But after sleeping on it for a couple of nights, I can't get past the fact that it would cost $58 less to buy two RMDs, and that saving covers the cost of kydex pants for one of them.

Once again, as I've mentioned before, this offering caters to those who are interested in G10 handles, but for those of us who prefer micarta it's hard to justify. If the BG version was a base price of $177 and a 72 early bird of $147 I'd be in for the two I was considering, but as it stands I'll be passing this week.

I don't understand how full size SwatMandu cost much cheaper than it little brother...

Hazarding a guess ... each design has a certain fixed cost associated with it, in terms of the CNC machine design/set-up and tooling set-up, etc. Amortizing that fixed cost over a short run vs a long run gives a different cost per part. Add to that some perceived value, and some element of what the market will bear, and you arrive at a price point.

You do know that Jerry taught biz school courses before he was a big-time knife maker, don't you?

Swat Spawn... very neat & kinda pricey. Awesome design, but another one to debate over yea/nay. :confused:
I really want to say yes to this, but it's 1/4" too long to carry concealed on belt under jacket/shirt around here and my meaners cover that task so perfectly. I was just scraping gaskets off a transfer case today with my tweener HACK edc... hmm, what to do?

Had to pass on this aswell. Really wanna see some smaller knives. MBC, SK, culti. Or some bigger like FBM or DSSF.
Thats just me tho, im sure alotta people still bought this.

Also with no idea when the o2w madness will end. I need to start picking the ones I really want before op2weeks goes to long and ive pulled the trigger on too many. Cause I refuse to cancell any orders

Fair Enough! I honestly do know if a lot of people bought this or not, and quite frankly I do not care! This is a perfect all-around size for edc, and yes even some field dressing tasks-I have PLENTY of larger Blades (probably more than I need)-small lightweight useable Busse Blades do not come around very often-Pricey? Perhaps, but as stated above manufacturing, and design cost continue to rise.
Had to pass on this aswell. Really wanna see some smaller knives. MBC, SK, culti. Or some bigger like FBM or DSSF.
Thats just me tho, im sure alotta people still bought this.

Also with no idea when the o2w madness will end. I need to start picking the ones I really want before op2weeks goes to long and ive pulled the trigger on too many. Cause I refuse to cancell any orders

Last edited:
A few minutes at the belt sander would fix that 1/4"too long pretty easily.
I bought the BGAD for less money...and never use it because the handle is too small. $177 isn't a bad price for the BGSOS.

I've been looking long time for a knife that could fill a wide role; camping, hunting, hiking, a smaller lighter wilderness utility knife. I almost pulled the trigger on a bravo 1. This SOS looks like just what I wanted. This will be my first Infi. You guys have set expectations pretty high, I'll get to see Infi for myself. My only hesitation was is it a bit of overkill for what I plan to use the knife for. Now, I'm just hoping it arrives before my next trip to the mountains.

I have owned Bravo 1's and sold all of them, I will not go into the reason why-all I can tell you is the S.O.S. will probably feel somewhat Heavier and more substantial than a Bravo 1, Busse builds Tanks!!! I hope you enjoy it-As far as the wait time, it could be a while-Good luck and I hope you enjoy your first Busse-I think you will

I've been looking long time for a knife that could fill a wide role; camping, hunting, hiking, a smaller lighter wilderness utility knife. I almost pulled the trigger on a bravo 1. This SOS looks like just what I wanted. This will be my first Infi. You guys have set expectations pretty high, I'll get to see Infi for myself. My only hesitation was is it a bit of overkill for what I plan to use the knife for. Now, I'm just hoping it arrives before my next trip to the mountains.

If you really need Infi before your trip, and your trip is before the end of the year, you may want to browse the exchange for a different model. Busse could produce and ship these in the next month, but more likely it's ~4 months out as an extremely rough guess.

Just don't want you to be surprised and be in a bind. The wait is completely worth it though.

Definitely agree-4 months may actually be wishful thinking with Blade approaching
If you really need Infi before your trip, and your trip is before the end of the year, you may want to browse the exchange for a different model. Busse could produce and ship these in the next month, but more likely it's ~4 months out as an extremely rough guess.

Just don't want you to be surprised and be in a bind. The wait is completely worth it though.

Well then, I guess the old knives will see some more work. I didn't think it would be that much time.

Order one or two and wait, if they do not show up in time use your old knives-They will arrive by late summer at the latest, and you will have a superior blade for the Fall-Trust me they are worth the wait-Good luck
Well then, I guess the old knives will see some more work. I didn't think it would be that much time.

Order one or two and wait, if they do not show up in time use your old knives-They will arrive by late summer at the latest, and you will have a superior blade for the Fall-Trust me they are worth the wait-Good luck

Good advice here.

Or, if it doesn't look like they'll arrive in time then pick up something off the exchange for your trip. Once you get your first Busse you're going to get a strong urge to start collecting them. And the urge is strong...

I'm kinda glad that we are months out on everything. I have so many ordered it gives me time to pay them off as they arrive! So far I my most expensive is the mystery bag

Back