Busse for sale/trade forum?

I am against being forced into a sub forum 100%. Spark has modified the rules of behavior in the exchange and they seem quite fair to me. Spark, I suggest that these new rules be given a few months to gain hold in our minds. Old habits die hard so it will take a bit for some of the chatter to subside, as thatMguy has stated, we have probably all been guilty in the past. Let the mods of the exchange evenly enforce them across the board and then see if this "bogging" and "cluttering" can be a mere memory. I agree that the free bump and non-essential chatter that goes on in these threads is a problem, I submit that it is "the" problem. A good majority if not all of us are adults and I think we should act like it. If the rules says no free bumps and idle chatter then there should be none tolerated. Give the offenders a gig in the system and let that weed them out.

I see that my thread in the exchange has been metioned a few times. I think what I have done is not all that cluttered. The items for sale are in the very first post. There is no need to read all the other posts if you want to know what I have for sale. When things are sold, I move the text and pictures to a new post as an update and mark them sold in red. Nothing hard to understand and it keeps my stuff confined to one thread and preserves the info for those who like to research historical sales prices. I am not saying all should do it this way or that it is the best way, I just decided to do it this way because I felt it would help reduce the amount of threads I would be tossing out into the exchange.

So as a long time paying member and blade forums supporter, I say no to a Busse For Sale sub forum and yes to letting the rules and enforcement of those rules be given a chance to work out the "problems". To create a sub forum without doing so is ill advised as I see it. What say you?
i agree with porkgunner on this 100%!

progunner for MOD.... er nevermind, he is our mod

nobody forced the Buck people anywhere. The Buck forum has no bearing on this discussion whatsoever. The anti-Busse folk keep bringing it up as a smoke screen.

Comparing the proposed Busse Ghetto to the Buck forum is the difference between buying a house and getting evicted.

People choose to post their Buck knives in the Buck forum, and they are not likely to have their thread moved for selling a Buck in the general area.

I will sell in the production forum.

Rat, I cannot understand your perception that Busse supporters are being hounded.
Your inflexible and rather aggressive posts as regards not abiding by any new "for sale" forum should it be introduced, is rather childish and short-sighted.
Perhaps your perceived position of power in the Pirate's cove has influenced your behavior.
Are you being serious, or are you just seeking attention?
Dirk

Rat, I cannot understand your perception that Busse supporters are being hounded.
Your inflexible and rather aggressive posts as regards not abiding by any new "for sale" forum should it be introduced, is rather childish and short-sighted.
Are you being serious, or are you just seeking attention?
Dirk

Are you serious? :confused: Maybe I should suggest making you post your knives for sale in a new sub forum with vastly reduced traffic. Would you welcome that suggestion with open arms?

You have no interest in using the new forum you are suggesting.
That is where we agree, I won't be using it either. The difference is, you actually think it is a good idea. . .

You are welcome to suggest a new forum for yourself to sell whatever.
You are suggesting a forum to stick knives you have no interest in, so they will be out of your way. That is complete BS.

You seriously can't wrap your mind around the difference between asking for something and having people dictate terms against you?

You seriously can't wrap your mind around the difference between asking for something and having people dictate terms against you?

Spark dictates a lot of what goes on this forum. If he wants to create the forum he will and you'll be expected to abide by the rules. Chit-chatting in the FS threads, bumping threads needlessly, multiple single knife sale threads day after day...it's disrespectful to the other members of the forum trying to sell their stuff. Just think, you can do that all day long in your own FS forum and no one would care! Why should they have to compete with that to get top billing? Can you wrap your mind around that? You think it's all about you and everyone is out to get the Busee crowd. It's not about that, it's about fairness and of course the new rules would also apply to those who sell in regular Knives FS Forum.

It is not a right to sell on this forum, it is a privilege given to you for your support of the forum. Take advantage of that privilege and things need to be done to ensure fairness across the board for all members who have the same.

Maybe the other options proposed will work and the need for a separate forum won't be needed. The key here is self moderation. Be considerate of the other paying members on this forum and it should work out fine.

Chit-chatting in the FS threads, bumping threads needlessly, multiple single knife sale threads day after day...it's disrespectful to the other members of the forum trying to sell their stuff.

I agree with this completely. Chit chat is BS and annoys me when I sell, since my email notification tells me that people responded to my thread- I want to see "I'll take it", not "nice knife" written a half dozen times. I also hate multiple single knife threads, they are quite annoying.

BTW, I can wrap my mind around it just fine. It is not Spark I am talking about regarding "dictating" terms, but regular members like myself. (who start threads complaining about seeing so many Busse knives for sale.)

I never said it was all about me. I stated the fact that it is not all about the few complainers. Every gold or above member has the same privileges.

Their complaint is not stated as "what is with all the bumps and chatting and single knife threads" but "why not make a new forum to stick these Busse knives I don't want to buy" I would agree totally with the first statement. those things need to be controlled to assure fairness. The second statement (and the one always used) is absolutely unfair and selfish. (just as selfish as posting multiple single knife threads, if not more so.)

Spark dictates a lot of what goes on this forum. If he wants to create the forum he will and you'll be expected to abide by the rules. Chit-chatting in the FS threads, bumping threads needlessly, multiple single knife sale threads day after day...it's disrespectful to the other members of the forum trying to sell their stuff. Just think, you can do that all day long in your own FS forum and no one would care! Why should they have to compete with that to get top billing? Can you wrap your mind around that? You think it's all about you and everyone is out to get the Busee crowd. It's not about that, it's about fairness and of course the new rules would also apply to those who sell in regular Knives FS Forum.

It is not a right to sell on this forum, it is a privilege given to you for your support of the forum. Take advantage of that privilege and things need to be done to ensure fairness across the board for all members who have the same.

Maybe the other options proposed will work and the need for a separate forum won't be needed. The key here is self moderation. Be considerate of the other paying members on this forum and it should work out fine.
EXACTLY!...Agreed 100%.:thumbup:.:thumbup:. We are ONLY looking to make this fair and easy for ALL members of BladeForums, and we need ALL of your help to do this.

What if a new forum were created for advertising non-Busse knives only, at the request of people who buy & sell non-Busse knives, and the current forum remained in existence but only for Busse knives?

Would not being allowed to post Busses for sale in the non-Busse forum enrage you? Would it inspire you to rave about being forced and being dictated to and unfairness etc?

It seems to me there's been a lot of inflammatory rhetoric on both sides of this and it's feeding on itself and interfering with clear thinking. If we could all agree that Busse fans are not baby-eating ogres and people who want to split the forum are not genocidal fascists, we might find we can think about the idea of splitting the forum more rationally.

Excellent.

Now things are starting to settle down.

I see reasonable people discussing issues in entirely reasonable ways.

I don't see anybody rushing to judgment. There is time to talk and work things out.

Isn't that what it means 'to be part of a community?'

EDIT: I agree with Cougar -- I've certainly never eaten a baby, nor has anyone ever confused me with an Ogre. I am a little confused about one thing. Am I a Busse fan? Perhaps a Buck fan? Or a CRK fan? Or a Fisk loyalist, a Moran fanatic, a Siska slave?? I just can't tell -- I like all those knives, own most, and am interested in more.

Never met a single human being who could be put into one 'bucket,' classified as entirely one 'thing.' Real people are far too complex for that...

If we could all agree that Busse fans are not baby-eating ogres...

Hey Coug, could you convince my wife that I am a baby eating ogre? I figure maybe she'll stop making me change diapers if she thinks i'll gobble the little one up. :D

Hey Coug, could you convince my wife that I am a baby eating ogre? I figure maybe she'll stop making me change diapers if she thinks i'll gobble the little one up. :D

ProGunner -- it won't work. I tried something similar decades ago with Mrs. (then Capt) OldPhysics. Woman saw right through it. I ended up scrubbing the crib for weeks...just for making the attempt! Brrrr...now THAT was real punishment.

we might find we can think about the idea of splitting the forum more rationally.

As long as it is remembered that the original request(s) did not come from the Busse community, but from people who saw and complained about the combined effect of:

1) non-enforcement of the chit-chat rules and
2) non-established guidelines for consolidated postings

Addressing both of these, consistently, IMHO, will address the frustration of people with the apparently overwhelming presence of Busse products.

Addressing both of these, consistently, IMHO, will show there is no legitimate need for a forced/mandated segregation.

With all due respects, of course the original request(s) did not come from the Busse community.
Why should it?
Is it important?
It came from a Platinum member (me) who is part of the overwhelming majority of members who are beginning to avoid the for sale/trade forums because it is fast becoming an extension of the Busse forum.
I have no axe to grind with you blokes, but hey currently it is a problem to the vast number of members who just happen not to be interested in Busse products.

I think Cougar has hit the nail on the head.
You go on posting in the EXISTING for Sale forum.
Perhaps there could be a NEW for sale forum....for all other brands....Busse excluded?
Dirk

As long as it is remembered that the original request(s) did not come from the Busse community, but from people who saw and complained about the combined effect of:

1) non-enforcement of the chit-chat rules and
2) non-established guidelines for consolidated postings

Addressing both of these, consistently, IMHO, will address the frustration of people with the apparently overwhelming presence of Busse products.

Addressing both of these, consistently, IMHO, will show there is no legitimate need for a forced/mandated segregation.

We should also remember that those who were selling did not take into consideration the same privileges that other members who sell on BFC share. Common sense should tell you that you (sellers, this applies to everyone) are not the only one using the forum and that some sort of self moderation should have taken place in the threads. Total disregard for the other members is not acceptable. Posting multiple single thread sales and the needless bumping (chit-chat) is downright rude and selfish. The complaints I received and could do nothing about all stemmed from the these two things happening on a daily occurance (don't ask me why they came to me for guidance on this issue). For those that sell one or two items it is frustrating to see your thread get bumped back 4 pages within the first few hours only to see Busse sales dominating the first page due to what I just mentioned. This is why a separate forum was suggested. And that's all it is at this point...a suggestion. If the Busse sellers can consolidate their threads and the Busse fans can stop the needless bumping with chit-chat everything should work itself out fine and no separate forum would be needed. You guys have your own forum to discuss Busse knives. There is no need to do so in the Exchange. Like a said earlier...self moderation and following the posted updated rules should eliminate the problem and everything I said should apply to every Gold and Platinum Member on the forum.

I was all for a Busse Only FS Forum but after hearing both sides of the issue I think it can work if given the chance.

With all due respects, of course the original request(s) did not come from the Busse community.
Why should it?
Is it important?
It came from a Platinum member (me) who is part of the overwhelming majority of members who are beginning to avoid the for sale/trade forums because it is fast becoming an extension of the Busse forum.
I have no axe to grind with you blokes, but hey currently it is a problem to the vast number of members who just happen not to be interested in Busse products.

Perhaps there could be a NEW for sale forum....for all other brands....Busse excluded?
Dirk
get real! i look at the for sale forum 10 times a day and it's not overwhelmed with busse's. with 25 listing there might be five busse's. if you split tails would sell some of your blades maybe the ratio would change. and if you were a busse user you would be happy it was that way.

crap. now i really need a drink.....

Agreed.

I should have definitely included as an item 3, the, well, not sure if it was intentional disrespect for, or ignorance of, the rules by many thread posters, resulting in unwarranted bumps.

Let's see how this souffle holds up...:thumbup:

Why should it?
Is it important?

Yes, because you certainly are not trying to serve anyone's best interest but your own.

The overwhelming majority? More like the underwhelming minority. And it is clear that you are complaining about seeing Busse knives for sale, and not about the antics that were/are the real problem (chatting, bumping, and multiple threads)

Sorry, but what "Vast number of members"?

How is that any different from what you originally suggested? :rolleyes:

We should also remember that those who were selling did not take into consideration the same privileges that other members who sell on BFC share. Common sense should tell you that you (sellers, this applies to everyone) are not the only one using the forum and that some sort of self moderation should have taken place in the threads. Total disregard for the other members is not acceptable. Posting multiple single thread sales and the needless bumping (chit-chat) is downright rude and selfish. The complaints I received and could do nothing about all stemmed from the these two things happening on a daily occurance (don't ask me why they came to me for guidance on this issue). For those that sell one or two items it is frustrating to see your thread get bumped back 4 pages within the first few hours only to see Busse sales dominating the first page due to what I just mentioned. This is why a separate forum was suggested. And that's all it is at this point...a suggestion. If the Busse sellers can consolidate their threads and the Busse fans can stop the needless bumping with chit-chat everything should work itself out fine and no separate forum would be needed. You guys have your own forum to discuss Busse knives. There is no need to do so in the Exchange. Like a said earlier...self moderation and following the posted updated rules should eliminate the problem and everything I said should apply to every Gold and Platinum Member on the forum.

I was all for a Busse Only FS Forum but after hearing both sides of the issue I think it can work if given the chance.

I agree that the chat and multiple thread rules should do the trick.

Now people should also get out and post more non-Busse knives for sale as well. . .

Back