Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Thank you Kevin, really appreciate you taking the time to add information about these old knives, yours is a great looking example also,is yours bone or delrin? If it's delrin it's amazing how much it looks like bone with the white highlights.
Augie- It is synthetic... Camillus called it "Cabone" which is their version of Schrade's "Staglon"... it does look very much like bone, I was impressed when I first got my hands on that knife :):thumbsup:

A very nice black sawcut Delrin (like Buck 301) Camillus Rough Cut Tobacco Stockman

R3LXgnv.jpg

Lostball Lostball you requested to see some of these NOS camillus that I picked up. Sorry for the delay, but here they are. I have some multiples but this is one example of each knife that I got.

View attachment 959315 View attachment 959316 View attachment 959317 View attachment 959318 View attachment 959319

Thank you Paul. That was just an absolutely awesome day at the hardware store. Since you posted that I have visited a couple of small town hardware stores in the hopes of finding a treasure like you have but I have so far been unsuccessful.

2yl34ac.jpg
11jsmdu.jpg

Picked it up today. Camillus, looks to be purple heart covers. I've posted in the newest additions thread and old knives thread. No idea of age, great original old patina, very snappy, centered blades, no wobble. Just a good old solid knife.
Made for and sold by the Army PX during WWII. Handles are likely Rosewood. Missing its bail, but otherwise looks great. Pretty hard to find them.

MerryMadMonk MerryMadMonk ,
Wow! Thanks for the info, and to think it was at the bottom of a big wooden bowl of mostly broken and worn out old knives. Picked a few cherries outta the bowl though. Posted on newest addition thread.Could be rosewood, its gotten pretty dark through the years. Sunlight brings out the color. Other than the missing bail, the only other true blemish is some of the wood near the mark side bolster is missing. Been gone long enough the edges have worn smooth. I'll try to post some close ups tomorrow.

Back