Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Schrade Cut Co 2153 3/4
8d1HJ4W.jpg

W9mc1Bv.jpg

mTwJOYp.jpg

Just to show how prevalent and useful blade forums is and the porch especially, when I googled "Camillus ww2 knife with cap lifter and rosewood" I got an old thread here from 2015. It happens quite often once I get enough information here to research a particular pattern more, it leads me back here lol.

Good to see this thread. And great to see pics of the old Camillus and Schrade knives. All I can say is that I still have lots of these and ....see my avatar...Buzzsaw trapper. I reckon I must be one of the very few Schrade collectors left in the UK. But I would be very pleased to hear from any other Brits who collect them.

Recently found this (special issue) NIB LB5 and I am totally impressed with the build quality and it's excellent ergonomics. I have a few other lock-backs and this 3.75 inch Schrade is second to none. Top notch F & F, sharp centered blade, smooth action, positive lock up with zero blade play and comfortable in hand. At 35 years old...an absolute gem and purchased for less than the list price of a new LB5 in 2001! Think I'll have to look for a standard LB5 to go with it, it's that good!

sMjVMnZ.jpg

"I believe that all wisdom consists in caring immensely for a few right things, and not caring a straw about the rest." ~John Buchan

Last edited:
I found this online... I had never heard of GREENS CUTLERY SALES... after a little snooping I found that these Casey Jones Daddy Barlows were made by Camillus :) That info made the purchase a no-brainer ;) How can you go wrong with a Daddy Barlow that has a knife shield of a knife with a knife shield on it? Not to mention "double pulls".

CAMCJDB.JPG

I found this online... I had never heard of GREENS CUTLERY SALES... after a little snooping I found that these Casey Jones Daddy Barlows were made by Camillus :) That info made the purchase a no-brainer ;) How can you go wrong with a Daddy Barlow that has a knife shield of a knife with a knife shield on it? Not to mention "double pulls".

View attachment 960387
How can you go wrong with that?... Ya can't!
Cool find Kevin :cool:, thanks for showin your unique, Camillus made "infinity shield barlow".;):) Very nice!!!

View attachment 960387
That shield is amazing. A little big, but amazing.

Back