• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Can one say it is SERVICE at all? Who will buy a knife from Darrel Ralph now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great good, biggest tester in Russia wanted to buy a knife from them, and then it started....
Facts:
The calls taker is inadequate, never did what they promised, never changed.
Darrel Ralph never did what they promised, even never said "excuse me" for that piece of garbage he sent, and said "i will decide how to bevel my blades" instead of answer delicate. i disdain such "people".
Manager was YELLING from the first word. What he yelled when toke the phone was "I don't want to listen, YOU listen to me"
He wanted to DECEIVE all of us, hiding the facts, and wanted agreement, that great russian tester and observer don't tell us how it is when you pay 1200$ dollars!!! and receive NOTHING compared even to chinese fakes of today.
other way, the buyer NOT receiving money back, which he paid.
tried to deceive him, that it is non-refundable, while only 300$ is non-refundable.

what can i say? nothing. just watch. Voice is russian, but there is english subtitles good enough.
1 part http://youtu.be/aEsP3GeX-rQ
2 part http://youtu.be/q4YrTiwGXUo

In my opinion, a stranger has more credibility than Darrel at this point. It's not exactly like he is telling us something we haven't heard time and time again...

Anyone watch the videos and have a summary in english or does the OP care to elaborate about what exactly happened? I watched the first 4 or so minutes before I decided I wasn't watching over an hour of rambling.

Exactly. I was interested, but I am NOT sitting through that!

interesting...you mean english not good there? i was listening in my language and learning some words in english as it went... looked not very bad.

I watched it -

Cliff's notes -

Ordered a 1200 knife, it took much longer to received than was promised and the buyer got a bit of runaround.

When the custom knife was finally delivered, it had a significantly bent blade, the grinds were seriously uneven, to the point that the tanto break was more than a mm off from one side to the other.

The blade centering was off and there was quite a bit of blade play.

Darrell also was asked to sign the knife, and the signature did not have an appealing appearance.

The knife was sent back, and the second knife was delivered with a better blade, with better grinds that were more even, although there was a spot that had an "unintentional" slight recurve.

The replacement knife had even worse centering than the first example.

Finally - the customer did not like the attitude of the people that he was dealing with at the company that Mr. Ralph was working from.

best

mqqn

A beautiful knife, but as you stated, an expensive toy. Very sorry to see that kind of money spent on a knife to come out like that.

i would add that they promised they will make knife in two weeks and that they ALREADY HAVE s110v!!! then they was called for vininull to find out they don't have it!!! after all, they promisedto sent pictures of every stage of making of the blade. no, really? NO ANY PICTURES WAS SENT, NOT ONE TIME. SHAME.

I watched some of the video with captions. I would be infuriated for receiving a knife in such a manner at that amount of money...

Literally looks like a 5 year old learning cursive made the signature on the blade.
Horrible off centering. Don't even understand why he would let that blade out of his shop.

Thanks for the notes mqqn...
I would be upset about it to. At that price point everything should be perfect.

He's not the first customer ripped by ralph and co. Buyer don't just beware...run away.

Sir owe you a big apology for any issues you experienced with your DDR Custom knife.

We take our responsibilities — and the trust you place in us — very seriously. I cannot express how sorry I am that you were inconvenienced.

Throughout our history, we have provided 99.6% satisfaction to our customers. This is the level of performance we expect from ourselves. We apologize if, we fell short of your expectations. We have learned from this event and will use it to drive improvement in our services.

It's an honor to serve you. As always, please call us at 469-728-7242 — anytime, for any reason.

You can also email me personally at dralph@earthlink.net to discuss the issues with your knife.

Sincerely,
Darrel Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back