• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Can one say it is SERVICE at all? Who will buy a knife from Darrel Ralph now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

There is another side to this story that will be told in another way at a later date. I will say that any customer who calls and uses FOUL langue with Lacey or any other of our staff, will not be serviced. That is the case here. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for this type of behavior.

I signed the blade with a with a carbide bit. I wanted to sign it with a permanent marker. That was not the wish of the buyer. This method using a dremal tool and carbide bit is very difficult to control.
So, we will set up another way for signatures on blades. The blade for new knives will be signed with the new method.

Next, as I said in my post above we will deal with this and any other issues requiring customer service via email only or a civil phone call. dralph@earthlink.net is the email address via the knife owner only. I have not heard a word!

Our company policy is still the same. We will take care of all issues at all times. However if you call and act badly we will not respond at all. We understand that people get passionate about trying to communicate their wishes. Calling Lacey a cunt is not going to get you anywhere with us.
We will accept the knife as a return and repair it to new condition. After that we will document the knife with videos and pictures and return it to the owner.
This is the same policy as any respectful companies have.

Last edited:
Hello,

There is another side to this story that will be told in another way at a later date. I will say that any customer who calls and uses FOUL langue with Lacey or any other of our staff, will not be serviced. That is the case here. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for this type of behavior.

I signed the blade with a with a carbide bit. I wanted to sign it with a permanent marker. That was not the wish of the buyer. This method using a dremal tool and carbide bit is very difficult to control.
So, we will set up another way for signatures on blades. The blades for knives will be signed with the new method.

Next, as I said in my post above we will deal with this and any other issues requiring customer service via email only or a civil phone call. dralph@earthlink.net is the email address via the knife owner only. I have not heard a word!

Our company policy is still the same. We will take care of all issues at all times. However if you call and act badly we will not respond at all. We understand that people get passionate about trying to communicate their wishes. Calling Lacey a cunt is not going to get you anywhere with us.
We will accept the knife as a return and repair it to new condition. After that we will document the knife with videos and pictures and return it to the owner.

Hello,

So, we will set up another way for signatures on blades. The blades for knives will be signed with the new method.

Just to let you know the Buyer sold your defective "repaired" knife at a massive loss ($500 loss to be exact). That plus the fact your company is not trustworthy in his eyes is the reason he probably hasn't contacted you.

Does the zero tolerance work both ways with your staff and customers? Or only when it suits you in public to manage damage control? Are the comments regarding your manager true (unlawfully placing customers under duress, rubbing it in customers faces that they are without recourse, making accusations of made up unreasonable expectations when in reality you guys set those expectations? If so, is that allowed at your company with zero tolerance policies?

Thanks let us know. Quite frankly it sounds like you got your head straight with your morals and principles. Let's just hope it's not a double standard.
Edit: Forgot to say what I feel. Honestly this feels like a McService announcement.

Hello,

WHAAAT??? Not that's an impudent LIE!
Aren't you be able to came up with something smarter than blow upon your own customer?
Previous post you say that you'll take care of me and next post you post this delirium about foul language???
Do you have any proof to your words? You just don't...
Because I DO! I do have a proof for everything that said and SHOWN in my video:
- I have all the emails which evidences your behavior and customer disregard (you CC'd to every one of them. Never heard uh?)
- I have your ridiculous proposal to keep silence about my experience with you
- And the most important I have a video of your product which is "speaks for itself"

Now you showed the real face - Well Done Mr.Ralph!

P.S. I can't believe that this is happening....

Last edited:
WHAAAT??? Not that's an impudent LIE!
Aren't you be able to came up with something smarter than blow upon your own customer?
Previous post you say that you'll take care of me and next post you post this delirium about foul language???
Do you have any proof to your words? You just don't...
Because I DO! I do have a proof for everything that said and SHOWN in my video:
- I have all the emails which evidences your behavior and customer disregard (you CC'd to every one of them. Never heard uh?)
- I have your ridiculous proposal to keep silence about my experience with you
- And the most important I have a video of your product which is "speaks for itself"

Now you showed the real face - Well Done Mr.Ralph!

P.S. I can't believe that this is happening....

If this document exists, that would be rather interesting reading, would you consider posting it?

If this document exists, that would be rather interesting reading, would you consider posting it?

Of course, no problems.
It was sent as an email message and my response with OK should be considered as agree confirmation.
Here is this message as I have it in my email box:

Lacey <Lacey@darrelralph.com>
12/4/13

to me, Michael <--- This is the "manager". CCd by Lacey (*vininull note)

Alex,
Neither party in this is happy about the situation and the results of the sale, if the following conditions are agreeable to you as well as us we will refund the monies paid less the $300 non-refundable deposit:
Neither Party will speak derogatory about the other &#8211; You will not tell other collectors about the bad experience that you had with our company and we will not tell other custom knife makers about our experience with you. This e-mail will serve as a written agreement for both parties.

Thank you,

Lacey Ellis

Good lord....that does NOT look good. Kind of like a cross between extortion and blackmail...and they STILL have the nerve to claim 25% of the original price.

"Don't tell on us or we'll tell on you...also we're keeping some of your money and there's nothing you can do about it"

Alex,
Neither party in this is happy about the situation and the results of the sale, if the following conditions are agreeable to you as well as us we will refund the monies paid less the $300 non-refundable deposit:
Neither Party will speak derogatory about the other &#8211; You will not tell other collectors about the bad experience that you had with our company and we will not tell other custom knife makers about our experience with you. This e-mail will serve as a written agreement for both parties.

Thank you,

Lacey Ellis

My answer to that would be vulgar.

So this piece of trash was shipped to the buyer because he acted like an *****le with Lacy?

Call me a simpleton (Ok, OK that's enough) but for the life of me I cannot think of one LEGITIMATE reason to ship a knife in such disrepair. Furthermore, the signature is crap, and looks like crap and if you knew it was going to come out crappy looking you as the Maker should have put your foot down and refused.
Afterall, if I demanded you use a prohibited material (like Ivory) for the handle/grip/scales would you still do it knowing the knife will finish as an illegal knife?

Of course, no problems.
It was sent as an email message and my response with OK should be considered as agree confirmation.

12/4/13

Alex,

Thank you,

Lacey Ellis

WOW! Info that is good to know. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

For what it's worth, I had a nightmare of my own with Darrel Ralph and his knives.

I signed up for the Darrel Ralph Gunhammer Bladeforums knife (the one with the green handles) and S90V steel if I remember right. I didn't sign up directly on his forum here, because I found about it kind of late so I emailed him to see if I could get in on the order, which he said I absolutely could. Anyway, I sent in my payment via USPS money order. The tracking number showed the money order as delivered (I used a priority mail envelope to send it). I forgot about it because it was taking a while...anyone involved in that forum knife surely remembers the delay after delay with that knife. I waited...and waited...and waited. Finally, I saw people posting that they had received their forum knife already, so I called to inquire about mine. I spoke with his staff and they claimed to have no record of my purchase. I was shocked and sort of just at a loss, so I asked if I could speak with Darrel when he was free. He called me and he pretty much relayed the same thing his staff did, that they never logged in a money order from me and so I was out of luck. I had misplaced the money order receipt and tracking because I had sent it in so long ago, which isn't normal for me as I always save them, but I still to this day can't find it.

I showed Darrel the email exchange we had talking about me getting in on the forum knife. That didn't mean anything to him. He was apologetic, but unwilling to do anything for me. I lost the money for the knife and never got the knife either! Funny thing is...he had one "left over" and didn't know who it belonged to...

I would never give my business to Darrel Ralph again, nor would I ever recommend anyone to give them their hard earned money.

Last edited:
All I can say is wow, just wow. I am shocked at the turn of events. I have literally no words beyond that.

To Mr. Ralph,
I'm assuming everything you say is the truth, even if the customer was vulgar to the manager, and the signature was hard to do yadda yadda, that doesn't excuse the&#8230; disgrace? For lack of a better word, of a AXD. The first time, okay maybe it was a slip up, sure everyone has bad days. Key here is having a NO HASSLE return for a $1200 knife. But, the second time is just really bad.
To: OP
Seeing that document for the confidentiality agreement, I don't blame you if your response was vulgar. It would be mine too. Thanks.
To NYOutdoors
I'm pretty sure that was common, causing HTM (and their sub forum) a whoooole lot of problems.

Now I know not to purchase anything from Darrel Ralph. Gonna stay away from HTM, and even Meyerco, too.

I'll definitely inform every collector/knut I know about this.

Karda seems to have gone quiet!?!?!?!?!?

Little concerned to be honest how another Mod can say that this guy has nothing to do with being a moderator of BladeForums???

Says Moderator just underneath his name Karda ( little confusing ) .........Maybe then it should say under DARREL RALPH...."Errrghhhh Yes I am a moderator but not affiliated in anyway with BladeForums, just affiliated with my own company DARREL RALPH but just aslong as ya'll know this and what my title as Moderator actually means!.........If you catch my drift Karda it is a little confusing!...........I think what can really upset folk though is that this guy is supposed to be someone Knife Folk and Customers can actually trust but it really really dont seem that way and I dont think clutching at straws to try and save a con artist ( no matter how much you may are may not be affiliated with him ) is a good way to keep us all on a basic level of ethical understanding, infact its just plain confusing and worrying to say the least!!

Peace:rolleyes:

Karda seems to have gone quiet!?!?!?!?!?

Little concerned to be honest how another Mod can say that this guy has nothing to do with being a moderator of BladeForums???

Says Moderator just underneath his name Karda ( little confusing ) .........Maybe then it should say under DARREL RALPH...."Errrghhhh Yes I am a moderator but not affiliated in anyway with BladeForums, just affiliated with my own company DARREL RALPH but just aslong as ya'll know this and what my title as Moderator actually means!.........If you catch my drift Karda it is a little confusing!...........I think what can really upset folk though is that this guy is supposed to be someone Knife Folk and Customers can actually trust but it really really dont seem that way and I dont think clutching at straws to try and save a con artist ( no matter how much you may are may not be affiliated with him ) is a good way to keep us all on a basic level of ethical understanding, infact its just plain confusing and worrying to say the least!!

Peace:rolleyes:

What's so confusing about this? Darrel Ralph has no "power" outside of his own forum. If I remember correctly, the mods are not supposed to moderate other forums except their own. How do I know this? I used to be a DDR/HTM bladeforums mod before I stepped down.

Last edited:

12/4/13

Alex,

Thank you,

Lacey Ellis

WOW !!!

He wants to steal $300 from you after messing up two knives, and then wants you to agree to tell no one about it:confused::thumbdn:
Very sorry he put you through this.

DR, you should have given him the whole refund plus what he spent on shipping.
He should not have been out one cent after you sent him two knives that should've never left your shop.

You know you were wrong to not give a full refund.
Shame on you !!!

Good for you, Im glad your in the know Harkamus:yawn:

On another note though Moderator/ Con Artist/ Con Artist Moderator!!!!

Good for you, Im glad your in the know Harkamus:yawn:

On another note though Moderator/ Con Artist/ Con Artist Moderator!!!!
I was just saying that despite the mod colors being the same, they generally are not supposed to moderate outside of their forums. It's really not that confusing. Besides, it's in his avatar profile as well as in his signature. It's obvious what forum he belongs to. It's also in his name.

And what's the yawn supposed to be for? I stepped down because I saw things going down hill and did not wish to be associated with them anymore. We parted ways. I'm responding here because I'm frankly surprised that not much has changed.

Man! Im really surprised at the turn of events, I thought you didnt see what you actually did see coming!?!?!?:D

You know, when we allow politics into simple affairs of what is right and what is wrong, what was simple is now corrupt and thus is not simple anymore!!.............Clearly Darrel Ralph is in the wrong and thats all she wrote"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back