"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

This really happened.

Last week a really cute 20 something lady I've never seen before came up to me and said "We have absolutely nothing in common!"

I replied:
"You are mistaken. We have at least one thing in common.
We're both naked under all our clothes."

Sadly, she did not disagree, so I could not ask her to prove me wrong. :(

I have no idea why she spoke to me.
I was just minding my own business, sitting at an outdoor cafe table, drinking an iced tea.
(At the outdoor tables you can vape.)

Man, you were ready! I'd have just stared at her with my mouth open, wondering what possessed her to chime in.

Man, you were ready! I'd have just stared at her with my mouth open, wondering what possessed her to chime in.
No ... Not "ready", I'm just a sarcastic smart ... "donkey". (Gotta watch the lingo ... even if that three letter word that starts with "a" and ends with an "s" that is another name or term for a donkey is in The Bible.)

This really happened.

Last week a really cute 20 something lady I've never seen before came up to me and said "We have absolutely nothing in common!"

I replied:
"You are mistaken. We have at least one thing in common.
We're both naked under all our clothes."

Sadly, she did not disagree, so I could not ask her to prove me wrong. :(

I have no idea why she spoke to me.
I was just minding my own business, sitting at an outdoor cafe table, drinking an iced tea.
(At the outdoor tables you can vape.)
Fifteen years ago, I was strolling with my son on the Champs-Elysées when a very pretty well dressed young woman rushed in front of me and pushed me away yelling "move, you fat pig", me just starring at her, of course, while she was getting further away.
Never seen her before (and never did after). I imagine she had crossed a H W like person just before and unfortunately I happened to be the first elder man (I was 52) to cross her way. I felt happy my son was with me so I could express how sorry I was feeling. :eek:o_O:(

Had some nice fishnchips for lunch today.
The Beach (name of chip shop ) at Woonona is great...Flathead...the Rolls Royce of the fish world... and chips ...8bux.
Went to the actual beach carpark to enjoy my lunch ....which I did....until this
Poindexter turned up.....he had 20 kilometres of coastline to mow....but no...he had to do my bit......then he had the lack of consideration to do the edges of the path with his ledger and chucked up clouds of dust and sand and bits of grass .
20181018-123732.jpg

20181018-123817.jpg

A couple of carefully tossed chips summoned an armada of seagulls to gaggle around his rig.

No ... Not "ready", I'm just a sarcastic smart ... "donkey". (Gotta watch the lingo ... even if that three letter word that starts with "a" and ends with an "s" that is another name or term for a donkey is in The Bible.)

afishhunter afishhunter sometimes it's very hard to express your true feelings while remaining "family friendly". :D:D

Man goes into a pub.
Walks up to the bar and orders a beer from the barman.
The man next to him also orders a beer.
The barman says "there y go Donkey.That'll be 6 bux thanks..Donkey."
The first man is taken aback by the barmans rudeness.
He says to the other man " that barman s a bit rude ...calling you Donkey like that."
The other man replies
" ah it's ok. he orr he orr he always calls me that."

Had some nice fishnchips for lunch today.
The Beach (name of chip shop ) at Woonona is great...Flathead...the Rolls Royce of the fish world... and chips ...8bux.
Went to the actual beach carpark to enjoy my lunch ....which I did....until this
Poindexter turned up.....he had 20 kilometres of coastline to mow....but no...he had to do my bit......then he had the lack of consideration to do the edges of the path with his ledger and chucked up clouds of dust and sand and bits of grass .
20181018-123732.jpg

20181018-123817.jpg

A couple of carefully tossed chips summoned an armada of seagulls to gaggle around his rig.
Nice-looking fixed blade.
Some days the world seems full of scum, swine, and imbeciles. I have to keep reminding myself to not take it personally. Assuming that I'm not the problem myself.

What is it about the Ass?
We don't find the Onager or the Kulan both closely related wild Asiatic horse like creatures to be considered rude words ....
Not to mention that other Donkey like creature the Zebra and it's close relative the now extinct Quagga.

I think it is Balaam's revenge. He was a prophet of sorts, after all.

:D :thumbsup:

afishhunter afishhunter sometimes it's very hard to express your true feelings while remaining "family friendly". :D:D

Sometimes, in certain situations, there's nothing so articulate as a choice bit of Anglo Saxon. Where two short words can save wasting dozens! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Reminds me of the time about 35 years ago I was in L.A. for some depositions, and stayed with a friend of my mother who lived in Venice. One evening, I was walking on the boardwalk. I happened to be wearing a pair of Wayfarers an impecunious client had given me in lieu of cash.

A reasonably attractive, but much younger lady sporting a multicolored Valley girl topknot and a face pierced full of jewelry rolled up to me on her roller skates, looked me up and down, and said, “You probably don’t even know this, but those are really cool shades”.
I had no idea what impecunious was... looked it up and found out I are one.

Wow, Randy, what a score! I’ve always enjoyed seeing that R with an arrow tang bolster stamp when pictures of Russell barlows show up here. Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Wonderful bunch of Barlow's Randy. I'm happy to see your dragon hoard growing again.

I've been trying to get back into hunting in recent years. Prior to this week, the last successful hunt I had been on was in August 2000, which meant that someone born the last time I had hunted successfully would have been able to vote! But then this monday I bagged myself a turkey on the first day of fall turkey season. I felt pretty happy about it.
View attachment 1005033

AbbyDaddy, great looking bird! And I really like the wood grain on your stock. I have my dad's Remington 1100 that he used to shoot skeet with all the time, and it has a similar looking nice chunk of walnut on it.

Back