"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Sorry for your loss Shawn :( Is it worth printing a few posters, maybe offer a small reward? :thumbsup:

You know, JB, if it had a little more sentimental value, I might try it, but based off of previous attempts for lost items, I wouldn't feel much more confident.

I've already ordered a green cellidor SAK Compact and a suspension clip, anyways.

Farewell my lovely Victorinox Executive. It appears that you and your pocket buddy, the brass Maratac Peanut lighter, decided to explore the world around you and leave the dark pocket. I carried you 5 days a week for just over 3 years, and you never let me down. I hope whoever picked you up sees your beauty and usefulness.

I guess I need to figure out what will replace it...

My wife and daughter gave me a Vic Executive on Father's Day, about 10 years ago. I've lost that knife at least 5 times. The last time it was lost, it stayed lost for an entire year.

The Executive presents itself only when it wishes to.

Recently me and my coworkers got some crazy news at my department. They are drastically downsizing officer numbers and laying off up to 16 officers. There are some chances of sticking with my department but the outlook isn't looking to hot...

Today I got some good news though! I was just accepted into an online graduate program. 2 more years of school then I will be teaching...hopefully. I'm excited because I have a passion for coaching and teaching! It's a fresh start and time to redeem myself for past mess ups in college when I was young and thought I knew it all!
There's an old saying Taylor... "You take the good... you take the bad... you take them both and there you have, The Facts of Life." ;) Sounds like you are looking on the bright side of life :)

Too bad the Professor could make a pedal powered radio out of coconut shells and bamboo but couldn't fix a two foot hole in the boat.....and where the heck did that gorilla come from on a tiny island?
As a youngster watching afternoon telly I was too intent on Ginger to ask these obvious questions..

Nice one JP:cool:

I can top the tracking imbecility though:cool: Last knife came from US, then to A.dam, then Helsinki, then back apparently to New York and yet I had it in my hand an RR Small Cotton Sampler:D

Nice one JP:cool:

I can top the tracking imbecility though:cool: Last knife came from US, then to A.dam, then Helsinki, then back apparently to New York and yet I had it in my hand an RR Small Cotton Sampler:D
Yes, sometime computers get berserk, no problem if only a wrong indication. Was worth the wait, I really dig that cotton sampler, he's got attitude (il a de la gueule!) :thumbsup:
Luckily mine did not travel that much, in fact it was quite quick. Some fellow that you know (won't give the name ;)) said she has the Haribo look :eek: .
I find she's fairly Gothic. Lovely!
06_Templar02.jpg

Yes!! I believe she was but Facts of Life must of been a spin off show because I'm pretty sure I remember her in both shows. Mind you I'm only 46 so I was around 9-10 then so I might be wrong. Lol:confused::D

Morning folks hope your all ok. I thought I'd post some pics which some of you may find interesting.
Yesterday I took a walk out onto the high moors of Derbyshire to visit a crash site I only found out about a couple of weeks ago.
The pictures show the wreckage of USAF B-29 Superfortress "Over Exposed", belonging to the 16th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron.
On the 3rd November 1948 her crew took off from RAF Scampston in the county of Lincolnshire to fly to the U.S airbase at Burtonwood in the county of Lancashire; a flight of about an hour. She was carrying mail and pay. At approximately 11am the plane crashed on Bleaklow Moor, about 200yards from an outcrop known as Higher Shelf Stones at 2000ft ASL. The plane burst into flames; all 13 of her crew were killed instantly.
mt4Pya3.jpg

The plane was descending in low cloud that covered England on that particular day. High Shelf Stones is the outcrop of rock background middle left, and looks higher. But if you stand by the wreckage you can see that if they'd of been no more than 20 feet higher they'd of cleared the summit.
wUtsLfK.jpg

You can see 4 of the Cyclone engines.
m6SnxU3.jpg

yv77Xl5.jpg

One of the undercarriage.
ZOZM5pw.jpg

Remains of one of the wings.
BI8uVtJ.jpg

Scattered across the site are pieces of wreckage that point to the intensity of the blaze. A piece of the aluminum structure that has melted.
mVdavA8.jpg

There's a small memorial stone at the site, and people come up every year to lay some poppies and a wreath.
pgOdlJp.jpg

zNseYVc.jpg

Bleaklow is appropriately named. Although just over a mile from the A57 Snake Pass and 3 miles from the town of Glossop, in an English winter it seems a grim and lonely place.
5U8k8YU.jpg

And a couple of very good sites that tell the story of "Over Exposed" in far more detail.
http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/b29.htm

https://www.peakdistrictaircrashes....t/boeing-rb-29a-44-61999-higher-shelf-stones/

Anyway hope you've found it interesting. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back