1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Your Ma was a wise women and listened and acted on her spirit and I too credit it for my inflection point. To me spiritual is nothing more than a dimension outside the limitations of the physical. When first sick I followed the "conventional wisdom" and listened to my doctor, for a time. Then my spirit arose and said, this is not right.
    I had read an old book by Louis Bromfield in which he said the soil (read topsoil ) had been depleted of many of the trace mineral necessary for metabolic functions (pathways) and thus many maladies were a result of poor farming practices. Then later coming across Joel Wallach's work drove it home, that coupled with my work in the research academia /industry, on many levels. Worked for a gifted endocrinology professor and managed his research facility.

A tooo long story short, I began to utilize my training and experience on my own predicament and the results were eye opening. The wisdom was already known (Joseph Krafts work ) but was suppressed and could have saved me ( and many others ) precious time.

The revolution is underway and in the light now (Ivor Cummins work The Fat Emperor and many other Paleo pioneers )

Time is of the essence ( the physical body is subject to time and space )

Thank you, my friend !!:) Listen and Act on your wisdom and spirit ;) Feel my prayers

tmd_87, meako, Ramrodmb and 1 other person like this.
  2. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Sounds like a great start Will... Keep it up :thumbsup:

Will Power likes this.
  3. veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    Very cool John :):thumbsup:

jc57 likes this.
  4. veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    It's bad that I'm picturing Gevo as a Richard Simmons type inspirational motivator :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  5. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    And I thought we were friends

meako, r redden, Ramrodmb and 3 others like this.
  6. veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    We are friends ;) and I've lost almost 20 lbs myself not to mention I've significantly lowered my triglycerides and glucose ever since I really started watching my sugar/ carbs and hitting my exercise bike for 8 miles each day :thumbsup: My doctor started to threaten me with cholesterol and blood sugar meds :confused: You started a trend Gev and I for one thank you for the inspiration :):thumbsup:

jc57, meako, Jack Black and 1 other person like this.
  7. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    That is beyond awesome, my friend :):thumbsup::thumbsup: No meds necessary...you got this with whole live food ...the best medicine ;) knowledge, the right tests, insulin, inflammation markers, no seed oils (so called vegetable oils) and movement. Vitamin/mineral supplementation if necessary. Magnesium deficiency. That's a good start !

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Prester John and veitsi_poika like this.
  8. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    @Gevonovich Gev my friend, Kevin ain't the only one. My attention has been focused on the effect carbs have on our insulin output. You are a good egg brother. And a fellow philosopher. And thank you Kevin for... well ... for everything you do paisano. :D

meako, r redden, jc57 and 4 others like this.
  9. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Rock it, my friend !! :D:thumbsup:

jc57 likes this.
  10. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I dodged a bullet scheduling that wellness prevention visit. They still have my old doctor on my web chart, and she, being gone, is not scheduling appointments. Mwa ha ha.

meako, Prester John and Fodderwing like this.
  11. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    I don't know Jer... A wellness PREVENTION visit might be problematic... :D

jc57 and Prester John like this.
  12. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    They spell it "wellness/prevention", but I think it's funnier without the "/". And medical science is all about keeping me amused.

And by the way, my resonator cone is in place.
    [​IMG]

13. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Thanks Ron I'm doing a lot better.

meako, Gevonovich, Jack Black and 2 others like this.
  14. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    A few years ago my wonderful neighbor, Jerry (really a great guy & fellow knife nut) gave this special knife to me in trade, with his health now failing, it means the world to me. For those so inclined, could you please include him in your prayers. Thanks.

[​IMG]

15. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Done ! Beautiful knife

redsparrow likes this.
  16. dcpritch

dcpritch Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2018
    I saw this on the red alert thread and wanted to let you know I'll be praying for your friend.

redsparrow and Fodderwing like this.
  17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Will do, James.

redsparrow and Grateful like this.
  18. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Sorry to hear about your friend James. Will pray for him.

redsparrow likes this.
  19. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Thank you all very much.

dcpritch, Prester John and JohnDF like this.
  20. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    On another note, soon I should know just how badly I've wasted how much time. Just have to install the frets and strings. Actually, I'm guardedly optimistic.
    Oh, and drill the tiny holes for the tiny screws to hold on the tuners.
    [​IMG]