"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Thanks everyone for the kind words and congratulations! When my sister told me they was having a baby I was so worried because they're so young. But I know for sure my nephew was raised good, and she seems to be a great person as well. I believe they are going to do very well. Even though they're only 20 years old, and I worry about their youth, I remember my Mom's mother was married and had her first at 16. Her and my grandfather had 8 kids and raised 7 ( my moms older brother Bobby passed at 8 years to leukemia)in a 4 room coal company house with an outdoor toilet. They all turned out good. But looking at Brooklyn I think no mistake about it, she's suspossed to be in this world, and she came when it was meant to be.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and congratulations! When my sister told me they was having a baby I was so worried because they're so young. But I know for sure my nephew was raised good, and she seems to be a great person as well. I believe they are going to do very well. Even though they're only 20 years old, and I worry about their youth, I remember my Mom's mother was married and had her first at 16. Her and my grandfather had 8 kids and raised 7 ( my moms older brother Bobby passed at 8 years to leukemia)in a 4 room coal company house with an outdoor toilet. They all turned out good. But looking at Brooklyn I think no mistake about it, she's suspossed to be in this world, and she came when it was meant to be.
My mom and dad were 17 when they married. My mom and I laid dad to rest 4 months ago. They had been married 68 years. :) I say - Judging others is a mighty poor occupation. God bless em David. Thanks for sharing.

Grandkid #3. A.J., the day he was born 5 days ago.
Peanut.jpg

My mom and dad were 17 when they married. My mom and I laid dad to rest 4 months ago. They had been married 68 years. :) I say - Judging others is a mighty poor occupation. God bless em David. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, 68 years!? That is amazing! My parents got to 43 years before my Dad passed. It's great your folks had so many years together :)

Stay around for those beautiful grand kids. This woman is a masterpiece !! Note this is from 2015. Yes...I want to live and I want you to as well !!

My inflammation markers are down and insulin resistance improving. All learned the hard way and on my own. Most Doctors still don't get it !!

My brother is going to die soon and the toll is heavy

Congratulations on the good stuff and condolences on the bad stuff.

You guys have convinced me to schedule a wellness prevention appointment. I've been putting off bloodwork for years because I want to get my weight under control first.
But I don't want to wind up like my Uncle Ed, who had a heart attack and fell out of a tree after they cut off his other leg.
He was a funny guy.

On a different note, I've been putting off cutting the dobro hole because the tolerances are very tight. But I can attach it with drywall tape and epoxy if worse comes to worst.
itqC5eH.jpg

The saddle is ensconced in the bridge at last. I was putting that off too.
D5s5X9l.jpg

Last edited:
My inflammation markers are down and insulin resistance improving. All learned the hard way and on my own. Most Doctors still don't get it !!Glad to hear it Gev.

My brother is going to die soon and the toll is heavy
I'm sorry my friend. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fodderwing I didn't know you lost your Dad such a short time ago- Im sorry my friend
Thank you Duncan.

On a different note, I've been putting off cutting the dobro hole because the tolerances are very tight. But I can attach it with drywall tape and epoxy if worse comes to worst.
Looks like your project is coming along nicely Jer.

Health Rejuvenation Regeneration,to all
Hey Gev, glad to hear you are doing well. 7 months in and 77 pounds down here, since I followed your first breadcrumb. Thanks for the nudge.

Lots of new arrivals this spring, it looks like! Congrats to all of the happy families. We've got a litter of 7 kittens from a pregnant stray that we brought in, so our cat family has increased from 4 to 12 pretty much overnight. We'll foster them until they are ready for adoption and hopefully will be able to socialize the mother cat enough to where she can be someone's pet as well, so then we'll be back to 4.

Hey Gev, glad to hear you are doing well. 7 months in and 77 pounds down here, since I followed your first breadcrumb. Thanks for the nudge.

Lots of new arrivals this spring, it looks like! Congrats to all of the happy families. We've got a litter of 7 kittens from a pregnant stray that we brought in, so our cat family has increased from 4 to 12 pretty much overnight. We'll foster them until they are ready for adoption and hopefully will be able to socialize the mother cat enough to where she can be someone's pet as well, so then we'll be back to 4.
Awesome news, John !!! Thank you, Sir !! :cool::D:):):thumbsup:

Gevonovich Gevonovich Your posts on health have given me a lot to ponder on Gev, I'm thankful for your readiness to share knowledge. Know Yourself is a wise maxim, but we seldom pause to confront ourselves. That and the dead weight of custom and received opinions are a formidable barrier to understanding, yet the spirit cannot be leashed and may give profound insights when least expected. With diet and health, vested interests can and do obscure vital truths due to desire for money or lazy convention. When thinking about general health trends, most in the Western world devour far more processed food & carbohydrates than just 30 years ago so is it a surprise there is a connexion between ill health, insulin overload and enhanced weights? No. Back in the 70s I remember my Ma going out on a limb and rejecting the low fat mantra of the time. She viewed margarine as a poison, she cooked with butter, lard or olive oil, drank cream, full fat cheeses but she was never a big eater of bread or potatoes and disliked rice and pasta completely. She never had cardio vascular problems or any kind of cancer and was moderate to well built, not skinny nor fat. Can't say I've been so disciplined as I was formerly a massive bread consumer of all types, excessively fond of pasta too and potato. For a few months I've really cut them out, many days I eat none of them and BP is lower, feel unbloated, feel more alert, weight has dropped a bit but not as much as it could due to wine consumption...need to work on that a bit. My Ma also had a horror of any kind of medication except pain killer and I don't think that was foolish either, these days people consume meds far too readily at the behest of dubious health norms or the tyranny of health checks and insurance Blood pressure levels and cholesterol figures are good examples of where medication can be over prescribed, so too with psychiatric drugs in my view.

We all carry burdens, but when somebody like you Gev shows concern for others and shares their knowledge from altruism, it makes a very big difference indeed. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks, Will

Back