"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

As @dantzk8 said, yes, it's in the taxes! But we can visit (if not order!).
There was once a Prez who loved apples and corona beer. Personally I think it tastes like a donkey's byproduct...:)

In this country, you can't even get into the MPs café- they don't like the possibility of being asked questions-even if most of them are youngish and femalish ;):D but your Marie-Antoinette had it right (allegedly) "Let them eat cake!!" (Or build their own luxury café)

As for Corona Beer, I note with interest and approval that the state alcohol monopoly here 'Alko' has withdrawn it from the shelves :D Don't want to frighten people eh;) But then, the British used to have a popular soft drink range of the same name some decades back....wonder how sales would be now??;)

Maybe Meako's right, TP Mummification could be the only answer....:poop:

Coming Soon to a Street Near You?:eek:

mFBi51O.jpg

Tq7tTxq.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::thumbsdown:

Since we were discussing the lavish facilities that politicians enjoy, here's the Café for Finnish Members of Parliament, it's their coffee room..don't know about other eating places-maybe secret:D Citizens were scandalised when the bill for 'renovating' Parliament arrived, the building was overhauled 2007-17, initial cost 77 million € final bill close to 300m €:eek: Some builders got lucky:D
there are 200 MPs in Parliament, I think France has around 900, but then Finland's population is only just over 5 million, more chances to win the lottery and become an MP then;)

YqDJexb.jpg

What's a bummer is losing an hour's sleep tonight. :eek:
I sleep the same number of hours, getting up at 5:30am instead of 4:30am according to the "corrected" clock. So, in effect, I shift the "lost hour" to my Sunday waking activities. Losing an hour of daytime activities on Sunday is far less objectionable to me than losing an hour of sleep. :rolleyes:

I went around and changed the clocks last night, but still am surprised it's not light at 7:00 anymore.
This is the consequence of the time change that I've been dreading. For the past month or more, I've so enjoyed being able to take the dogs out in the morning to do their business when it's light outside. But now that activity will revert back to "dark of night" for a while, at least on overcast mornings. :(

- GT

I just don't change the clocks until I wake up. So, I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 7:30, and then changed the clocks. So it's 8:30, I frittered away an hour, big deal, I'm retired, so what!

I handled it that way by default. I forgot about the time change until I noticed the time displayed on my phone didn't match the bedroom clock this morning.

Europe's clocks change last Sunday in March, so bit longer yet. There's some nonsense here for not changing the clocks or moving to Swedish time (same as most of EU) but that defies the longitude lines:thumbsdown: Berlin is one hour behind, London/Lisbon two hours behind, Athens the same as here, St.Petersburg one hour ahead. Anyway, between mid Nov to mid Jan it's dark nearly ALL the time :eek:so who cares:D

One advantage, the only one. of being insomniac-clock changes mean nothing ;)

My grandma in Nottingham would get crates of pop...thete was one called Dandelion and Burdock...that was the flavour...ive never seen it since my early childhood there circa 1970...it was a sort of liquorice flavour...

Beauties Frank knarfeng knarfeng ...any scent from those...my garden hasnt suffered too badly from the drought...we've had good rain lately...I put this Hibiscus in before xmas...watered it only with washing machine water...its 5 times the size and flowers so big it bends..they grow well round here..Ive put a few in the garden.
The orange and the pink were here already...Im trying passionfruit which should go well and gooseberries..might need tlc...
20200309-175306.jpg

20200309-175418.jpg

20200309-175541.jpg

Cheers.

My grandma in Nottingham would get crates of pop...thete was one called Dandelion and Burdock...that was the flavour...ive never seen it since my early childhood there circa 1970...it was a sort of liquorice flavour...

The only thing better than Dandelion & Burdock is Brandylion & Burdock (house shot in a Yorkshire bar I used to frequent) ;)

Spent some time yesterday at my youngest son's house. We watched the grandkids and the maple syrup boiler while they took their 2 dogs for a hike. Thankfully the kids napped the whole time.

They tap a dozen trees or so on their 4 acre property. They give some syrup as gifts and the rest they use during the year. With temps in the 50s here yesterday the sap was really flowing.
fx0oZ1T.jpg

md6BZWz.jpg

dUb8pXt.jpg

Back