"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Thanks, Vince. :)
Picking the dog was easy, picking a name is proving tougher.

To bad it's not a red NSW cattle dog - with great respect - I think MEAKO would be a wonderful name. ;) Alas, Meako doesn't translate into Aussie :(

It is a very fine looking pup. Will be a fun new addition to the family.

Our newest family member... A Red Australian Cattle Dog.
We went and picked him out today and will take him home in two weeks. :cool::thumbsup:
Congrats on the new pup, John; looks like a winner! :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Thanks, Vince. :)
Picking the dog was easy, picking a name is proving tougher.
Mad Max called his Blue Heeler, "Dog". :cool::thumbsup:
Mad Max is a good solid name, as are Sköllson and Krypto. ;)
Or maybe you could write some acceptable name possibilities on index cards and have your current dog pick the winner. :D

- GT

Congrats on the new pup, John
Thank you, GT. :)

Mad Max is a good solid name, as are Sköllson and Krypto
Those are all names we've tossed about.

write some acceptable name possibilities on index cards and have your current dog pick the winner. :D
Hmmm... Maybe. ;):thumbsup:

Or take a poll. We love polls! :D
Ummm... No!
Don't need all the Buck Forum and General Forum guys over here tipping the scales. ;)

Hey how bout Buck...call im Buck.:rolleyes:
Bluey sounds good...very typically an Australianism for red haired people or Rangas as we call them (orangutans)....does he have a pedigree/kennel name? Might be something like "Montclair Buckenbowra Red Scamp Laddie" ....which would become Monty or Red....or Bucky .....or not:)

Hey how bout Buck...call im Buck.:rolleyes:
Bluey sounds good...very typically an Australianism for red haired people or Rangas as we call them (orangutans)....does he have a pedigree/kennel name? Might be something like "Montclair Buckenbowra Red Scamp Laddie" ....which would become Monty or Red....or Bucky .....or not:)
No pedigree other than he was born on a ranch with working parents. That's pedigreed enough for me and my wallet. ;)

Grungle was Les Nortons dog in the Robert G Barrat novels...

Great dogs John....problem solvers so keep him busy
20200209-150230.jpg

This is Bazz my neighbours dog who regularly escapes the escape proof yard ,pops in through the back door for a visit to say gday and relaxes in my old chair while his owner walks up and down the street calling him....until I shoo him out the front door....
Cheers

20200209-150230.jpg

This is Bazz my neighbours dog who regularly escapes the escape proof yard ,pops in through the back door for a visit to say gday and relaxes in my old chair while his owner walks up and down the street calling him....until I shoo him out the front door....
Cheers
That hilarious! :cool::thumbsup:
We've had Heelers before, we know how they can be. ;)

A few weeks ago, meako meako posted a video here of himself, saying he would give a prize to the first one who guessed whom he was imitating. I watched the video, and immediately said "Ali." I was right, because Jon requested my mailing address. I had forgotten all about it, but received this in the mail a couple of days ago:
MulW6dQ.jpg

A handmade frame from recycled Australian hardwood, with a "mystery 'fire' photo"! Jon said I could put whatever picture I wanted in the frame, but he asked if I could guess what the photo was of. I am baffled. I did guess a close-up of a gang-gang cockatoo, because of the colors, but it is probably wrong. What could it be? :oops:

Anyway, I thank you for the prize, Jon, and will probably keep the mystery photo in the frame. :p :cool: :thumbsup:

Back