"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

But I like them crunchy. Like wild hickory nuts.
"Ever eat a pine tree?"
I've forgotten what he was selling in those commercials.
thHvSbw.jpg

He was selling Grape-Nuts! Spooky.

Last edited:
They've done that one for a while Barrett, ugly ain't it?! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I wasn’t sure it was something actually made by Wright’s. It looks like a modification that some (not-too-bright) guy might’ve done in his garage. :D

I almost posted that in the Guardians thread, but despite the product description, it looks more like a sheepsfoot to me. ;)

sure is a head scratcher, how is one supposed to use this guthook, with the blade closed???

You certainly wouldn’t catch me using it with the blade open! :eek:

I wasn’t sure it was something actually made by Wright’s. It looks like a modification that some (not-too-bright) guy might’ve done in his garage. :D

I almost posted that in the Guardians thread, but despite the product description, it looks more like a sheepsfoot to me. ;)

I was going to reply, ( STEP AWAY from the Dremel! ) Thinking it was a botched modification:eek::thumbsdown: Really surprised they are doing that at the factory.

mmm that's what I thought. I've been skinning and slaughtering sheep and cattle since I was 13, never used anything other than a knife. I thought there may have been a small game thing that I'd missed though

Yes, it's definitely a Sheepsfoot Barrett. They have made them for some years, but I don't know if anyone uses them, or what they use them for. I'd be surprised if the 'gut-hook' is even sharp. Sometimes dealers, of whom there are a number of very stupid ones in the UK, come up with silly designs like this, and Wright's end up adding them to their line out of sheer cluelessness. I guess they must sell a few, but they are probably bought by people who are told that 'they're very popular with rabbiters', and if they carry them at all, quickly find out that they've wasted the price of a few pints. Maybe they're useful as letter-openers :rolleyes:

Back