"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with you, Jack.:(

And the only things that will be getting flung at your coconut-shy from this part of the world, are respect, appreciation and admiration for all you’ve done - both here on the Porch and elsewhere.;):)

3ITsEz5.jpg

Last edited:
Jack, I, like all here respect your decision and though I'm a very non active participant in the thread it is one I often peruse. I admire your diligence and faithful oversight of your thread. I also appreciate your massive generosity here in the traditional forum as I have been a multiple recipient of as many countless others have as well. Not only am I friends with Jack, I'm friends with Randy as well and Randy has many of the traits Jack has. I hope and feel in time this can and will be resolved and one of the most impressive threads can be reopened:thumbsup:
Duncan and I talk on a regular basis about friends, family, knives and of course the traditional sub forum. Now Duncan is an equal to Jack and Randy where generosity and kindness is a shared thread among these three. We just spoke about the typed word whether it be on paper or the internet and how emojis play a pivotal role when it comes to interpretation. I read Jacks last entry in the Guardian thread and felt the struggle he's dealing with in closing the thread.
Jack has made it clear the guidelines in which he expects participants to follow and I feel an honest mistake was made by Randy, so I hope in time this will pass and the Guardians thread will thrive once again:thumbsup:

Since you insist, it was Hawaiian Shirt Sunday at church, and the company from which I ordered my Hawaiian shirt also had coconut brassieres, but I feared lest I might push the envelope of piety a little too far. Especially since my chosen shirt came only as big as 2XX, so I probably would have had to wear the underwear on the outside.
GHrMGri.jpg

And the coconut brassieres were $45 and up. I'm sure our Lord understood.
That's my Gauguin hat. I thought it at least as appropriate as a coconut brassiere.

Last edited:
Since you insist, it was Hawaiian Shirt Sunday at church, and the company from which I ordered my Hawaiian shirt also had coconut brassieres, but I feared lest I might push the envelope of piety a little too far. Especially since my chosen shirt came only as big as 2XX, so I probably would have had to wear the underwear on the outside.
GHrMGri.jpg

And the coconut brassieres were $45 and up. I'm sure our Lord understood.
That's my Gauguin hat. I thought it at least as appropriate as a coconut brassiere.
Been a few years since I've had Hawaian shirts. Need to pick up a few. As colorful as possible. And I gotta buy some Spam.

There's a topic which really needs to be discussed and which I think has been left unquestioned for far too long. It's a criminal shame and in the interests of transparency and honesty it must be drawn forth into the light.

And that is the frankly extortionate over-pricing of the coconut brassiere.
the coconut brassieres were $45 and up.

Jack, I, like all here respect your decision and though I'm a very non active participant in the thread it is one I often peruse. I admire your diligence and faithful oversight of your thread. I also appreciate your massive generosity here in the traditional forum as I have been a multiple recipient of as many countless others have as well. Not only am I friends with Jack, I'm friends with Randy as well and Randy has many of the traits Jack has. I hope and feel in time this can and will be resolved and one of the most impressive threads can be reopened:thumbsup:
Duncan and I talk on a regular basis about friends, family, knives and of course the traditional sub forum. Now Duncan is an equal to Jack and Randy where generosity and kindness is a shared thread among these three. We just spoke about the typed word whether it be on paper or the internet and how emojis play a pivotal role when it comes to interpretation. I read Jacks last entry in the Guardian thread and felt the struggle he's dealing with in closing the thread.
Jack has made it clear the guidelines in which he expects participants to follow and I feel an honest mistake was made by Randy, so I hope in time this will pass and the Guardians thread will thrive once again:thumbsup:

Well said, Paul.

I’m not too aware of the background of this, except what I’ve just read tonight here and in the closing post of the Guardians thread, but Randy has always been a good and dear friend to me as well.

I echo your sentiments.

There's a topic which really needs to be discussed and which I think has been left unquestioned for far too long. It's a criminal shame and in the interests of transparency and honesty it must be drawn forth into the light.

And that is the frankly extortionate over-pricing of the coconut brassiere.

Do you know just how much handcrafting and skilled labour and tooling wear go into making a fine coconut brassiere that one would be proud to wear in any company? :D:p:)

cPe2qlp.jpg

Jer’s a man of refinement and taste - these ain’t just your run-of-the-mill workaday, 9 to 5 coconut brassieres, my friend!:D

Last edited:
I am thankful to Jack for introducing me to the lambsfoot pattern through the Guardians thread.

I really enjoyed participating in it for the past year and it certainly motivated me to go outdoors more, walk more and it helped me in dealing with the stress that life can bring at times.

Thanks again Jack :thumbsup: !

Long live the Lambsfoot !

LE8fGrd.jpg

Sorry to here about this Jack, but totally understand your decision! I started off strong viewing the pages, but fell off later down the line with other things occurring. will always be grateful for the special Lambs foot knives that were made for the Guardians and orchestrated such that must of been frustrating at times but rewarding nonetheless. knives to treasure, Thank you! Onward and upward Jack.

Russell

I for one (of many I am sure!!), am grateful for all you have done for the esprit de corps here @Jack Black !! You continue to give us a deep insight into Sheffield, and have brought the Lambsfoot, among many things British, to the fore world wide!! You have carried the cause far longer than many could! A break is certainly in order, from this unruly bunch of Guardians!! I hope to see you here, and in many of the sundry places on this forum!!:cool::thumbsup:

I for one (of many I am sure!!), am grateful for all you have done for the esprit de corps here @Jack Black !! You continue to give us a deep insight into Sheffield, and have brought the Lambsfoot, among many things British, to the fore world wide!! You have carried the cause far longer than many could! A break is certainly in order, from this unruly bunch of Guardians!! I hope to see you here, and in many of the sundry places on this forum!!:cool::thumbsup:
:cool::thumbsup:.

I just want to express my appreciation for building a community around a knife design. Due to health problems, I have been lurking on the Guardian's thread but I will miss it. I have two regrets: 1. That I did not discover it a year earlier and 2. that Jack no longer finds it enjoyable. In one year, I moved from having never heard of the Lambsfoot to owning about ten of them. It is now, along with drop points, my favorite blade shape. More importantly, I have enjoyed sharing with members from all over the world. I have enjoyed not only Jack's pictures of Yorkshire but also pictures of Donn's travels. I have enjoyed Cudgee's tales of life in Australia. I could go on and on about how Guardians have opened my eyes to parts of the world I have not experienced.

For Jack's sake, I am glad he has closed the thread as it should be a source of pleasure; but for the rest of us, I hope that this a vacation and will he will reopen it when the world becomes more sane. Thank you Jack for being the catalyst for a daily pleasure.

Hugh

I just want to express my appreciation for building a community around a knife design. Due to health problems, I have been lurking on the Guardian's thread but I will miss it. I have two regrets: 1. That I did not discover it a year earlier and 2. that Jack no longer finds it enjoyable. In one year, I moved from having never heard of the Lambsfoot to owning about ten of them. It is now, along with drop points, my favorite blade shape. More importantly, I have enjoyed sharing with members from all over the world. I have enjoyed not only Jack's pictures of Yorkshire but also pictures of Donn's travels. I have enjoyed Cudgee's tales of life in Australia. I could go on and on about how Guardians have opened my eyes to parts of the world I have not experienced.

For Jack's sake, I am glad he has closed the thread as it should be a source of pleasure; but for the rest of us, I hope that this a vacation and will he will reopen it when the world becomes more sane. Thank you Jack for being the catalyst for a daily pleasure.

Hugh
Hugh, very well expressed and sentiment that will be shared by many, glad i could give you some enjoyment it is reciprocal i can assure you. It will be different we all know that, but all our paths will cross and the sharing of photos and stories will continue i am sure, just in a bit of a different format. You take care my friend and we'll catch up along the line. Leon.;):thumbsup:.

Back