"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Cut out those carbs Grasshopper :D
I don't think I could cut out the carbs, Ray. Pizza and beer? Too much to ask!
Had some great homemade pizza tonight. Olive oil, pesto, pepperoni, shallots, anchovies, garlick, mozzerella cheese, green olives. Put red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese on it when it was done. Delicious! Had red wine instead of beer, though.

I don't think I could cut out the carbs, Ray. Pizza and beer? Too much to ask!
Had some great homemade pizza tonight. Olive oil, pesto, pepperoni, shallots, anchovies, garlick, mozzerella cheese, green olives. Put red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese on it when it was done. Delicious! Had red wine instead of beer, though.

... and that's why my post was accompanied by :D

Maybe I should have added a few more :confused: :thumbsdown: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Well said Ray, now I think I've made myself clear. :) Still, too bad I missed seeing the conjunction :(

In The Bleak Midwinter...find it necessary to recall summers past and their colours:cool: No snow here this Christmas

jyDnnI8.jpg

rpo4pag.jpg

HAPPY FESTIVUS!!

I got the Festivus pole out of the crawl space this morning (ok, we don’t actually have a crawl space; it was in the garage). The Airing of Grievances might go long this year. ;) :D
One of the funniest episodes! I laugh every time!

My daughter made a gingerbread house. Not a kit: she made the dough and baked it, and made the icing, and decorated it all herself. I had some cookies made from the same dough. Pretty good.
zeDlls8.jpg

lGcRNp0.jpg

I asked when we could eat it. She said she would put a hammer beside it, and if I wanted to destroy her creation, to go ahead.

My daughter made a gingerbread house. Not a kit: she made the dough and baked it, and made the icing, and decorated it all herself. I had some cookies made from the same dough. Pretty good.
zeDlls8.jpg

lGcRNp0.jpg

I asked when we could eat it. She said she would put a hammer beside it, and if I wanted to destroy her creation, to go ahead.

Looks really good :thumbsup: ,yum :)
Please post pics of the house demolition :D

Merry Christmas Vince !

Looks really good :thumbsup: ,yum :)
Please post pics of the house demolition :D

Merry Christmas Vince !
Merry Christmas, Dan!
(Right now I am listening to my son play piano. Now I just gotta have my daughter learn the violin!)

Edit: My son is playing Phillip Glass, which reminds me of a joke Rachel told:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Phillip Glass.

Last edited:
Back