"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

So the Work Sharp Ken Onion Elite arrived a few days ago, and I was advised I should let her wrap it for the 25th. My response was, at 70 years old I shouldn't have to wait to use a new toy, you just never know what might happen.... It worked.

I set it up and used the blade grinding attachment (the Elite includes the Ken Onion Work Sharp and the blade grinding attachment) to sharpen an old Utica Cutlery Chefs knife I had laying around my work area. I gotta say this thing is the bees knees! I spent 20 minutes or so on it, using three belts from medium to fine, and took it upstairs to show my bride. She was making a sandwich for lunch, and proceeded to test it out on a tomato. Son of a gun did it slice a tomato! I got a nice even 20 degree grind on the edge. It was shaving sharp, and it looked like I knew what I was doing! I'm impressed!
Merry Christmas to me!
TTJAYqF.jpg

Smooooth! :D :cool: ;) :thumbsup:

Nice Gary, I couldn't really think of anything to have for Christmas, and wish I'd thought of that :) I was impressed by what @paulhilborn had to say about it. I hope you'll keep us posted :thumbsup:

Ann Reinking's snuffed it. Only 71.
I'd kind of wondered what had happened to her after All That Jazz. She was choreographing and dancing on stage.
hBFp0IK.jpg

I've just rediscovered her "Troubles Moran" in Movie, Movie. Singing at the Chez Maison. ('House House'?)

Smooooth! :D :cool: ;) :thumbsup:

Nice Gary, I couldn't really think of anything to have for Christmas, and wish I'd thought of that :) I was impressed by what @paulhilborn had to say about it. I hope you'll keep us posted :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! My mate is a pretty sharp cookie. I don't slip one past her very often!
I'd forgotten @paulhilborn had posted on his experience. I'll have to go back and review those texts. I'll know who to contact for some advise!

These cheps bite is warse then their bark..
But the bark is flying when the start to branch out....
Its a tree...t to watch!

Nae laddy, t'is nae choppin. T'is tossin ya want ta be doing.
(Yeah, I know. I don't do well imitating the Scots. Fun to watch, though.)

Today is a sad Stag Saturday, I just heard the news that our friend and Forum comrade @Half/Stop Ron has died .A great loss to the Forum but a worse loss to his family and actual friends.
This is truly sad news to lose such a good man. My deepest condolences to his friends and family. Ron will be missed by all. His signature line summed up best what “The Porch” was about.

“There is a thing that we find on The Porch that goes much deeper than the depths of our pockets. It's called friendship!”

Back