"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

If I start shaving again, I would like to get a straight razor. Or maybe just use a Bowie knife.

RMWeKF7.jpg

No beards in The British Army ???
Le-Zouave.jpg

What do call that thing ?
Its a dead Badger I found in me trench Sarge...Im eating it fer me breakfast.
Well tuck it under your sporran Man!
And for Pitys sake grow a beard...or perhaps you don't like being a member of The Kings Own Highland Hipster Regiment..

No beards in The British Army ???
Le-Zouave.jpg

What do call that thing ?
Its a dead Badger I found in me trench Sarge...Im eating it fer me breakfast.
Well tuck it under your sporran Man!
And for Pitys sake grow a beard...or perhaps you don't like being a member of The Kings Own Highland Hipster Regiment..

Cool Hipster Brigade :cool: I think that photo is probably from the Crimean War 1850s after that they took against beards and hair in general with the advent of safety razors- it's the LICE you see Sir! And after the South African Wars c.1900 they got rid of their famous Redcoats....something the French only learned later to their horrible cost with their bright red trousers and blue coats in 1914 what a target :( The Germans too with their elaborate Pickelhaube helmets..:eek:

Why does an identical to original Casio "Forester" watch band cost more than a new Casio "Forester" watch?!?

Makes less than zero "logical", "common", or any other kind of sense ... :(

Rant over.

Why does an identical to original Casio "Forester" watch band cost more than a new Casio "Forester" watch?!?

Makes less than zero "logical", "common", or any other kind of sense ... :(

Rant over.
Watch bands are terrible. It used to be they were standardized.

Yes Will Will Power Will Power ...there was a series of stamps with these images....this guys beard is one of the least impressive...mind you ...very striking images of these men....

Well, I did our Federal Income Taxes yesterday. Very tedious and time consuming what with gathering all the forms, booklets, etc.. I do them myself and don't rely on any computer programs to help me out such as Turbo Tax. I've always done them myself (every year since 1960) and never had them come back for errors or anything like that. By doing them myself it shows me that I've still got a relatively sharp mind and that I'm not in the loony bin just yet. I'll do the State Taxes next week. Ain't life grand!:rolleyes:

Well, I did our Federal Income Taxes yesterday. Very tedious and time consuming what with gathering all the forms, booklets, etc.. I do them myself and don't rely on any computer programs to help me out such as Turbo Tax. I've always done them myself (every year since 1960) and never had them come back for errors or anything like that. By doing them myself it shows me that I've still got a relatively sharp mind and that I'm not in the loony bin just yet. I'll do the State Taxes next week. Ain't life grand!:rolleyes:
My father loved to do it also. I once asked him why?
He answered : because it was keeping him angry :eek::D:D:D

I did my taxes early this year (as I do every year) and was disappointed to find out (only afterward, too) that the IRS isn't even looking at returns until Feb. 12th.

I did my taxes early this year (as I do every year) and was disappointed to find out (only afterward, too) that the IRS isn't even looking at returns until Feb. 12th.

That's why I held off so long this year. Normally, I've got mine done and in the mail by mid January.

Thanks for the reminder, ED. I printed out my W2s from work today after reading your post, and I think I've received all the 1099-Rs I need to be able to do my taxes. I've always done mine myself on paper forms, like ED describes, but I'm wondering if I should go to some "pro" now that I'm starting to get some of my income from retirement accounts and eventually Social Security, just to get an idea of what I should be doing.

- GT

Thanks for the reminder, ED. I printed out my W2s from work today after reading your post, and I think I've received all the 1099-Rs I need to be able to do my taxes. I've always done mine myself on paper forms, like ED describes, but I'm wondering if I should go to some "pro" now that I'm starting to get some of my income from retirement accounts and eventually Social Security, just to get an idea of what I should be doing.

- GT

If you've got any doubts go to a Pro this year GT. Maybe have them do it this year and then use what you learn this year and use the forms for this year for the next few years.

I may groan a bit about doing the taxes but I really do like filling out the paper forms by hand and doing all the worksheets.

If you've got any doubts go to a Pro this year GT. Maybe have them do it this year and then use what you learn this year and use the forms for this year for the next few years.

I may groan a bit about doing the taxes but I really do like filling out the paper forms by hand and doing all the worksheets.
Good advice, ED; makes a lot of sense to me! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back