"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Did anybody said "squirrels" :D

:thumbsup: :D you might get swarmed, especially if you show them your HHB :cool:

Your videos had my cat's full attention! :D

We're expecting a run of record cold weather in Central Texas: below freezing days and overnight lows in the teens and single digits! It wouldn't be a big deal to some of you Northerners, but our houses and roads aren't built for it. I'm planning to make a pot of chili and hunker down for the next five days.

Your videos had my cat's full attention! :D

We're expecting a run of record cold weather in Central Texas: below freezing days and overnight lows in the teens and single digits! It wouldn't be a big deal to some of you Northerners, but our houses and roads aren't built for it. I'm planning to make a pot of chili and hunker down for the next five days.

And here I thought it was all a bad dream. I woke up to freezing temps, ice covering everything, and I thought that the past five years of that ice warm weather retirement in Texas was all just a dream. Its typical February in Maryland weather.

If its still like this in the morning, I'm flying out to Key West until its all over or I sober up!

And here I thought it was all a bad dream. I woke up to freezing temps, ice covering everything, and I thought that the past five years of that ice warm weather retirement in Texas was all just a dream. Its typical February in Maryland weather.

If its still like this in the morning, I'm flying out to Key West until its all over or I sober up!
Haha! It happens every couple decades or so. A week of real winter, just to remind us what we're usually missing.

Haha! It happens every couple decades or so. A week of real winter, just to remind us what we're usually missing.

Hey Rachel, sorry to hear you are in for a cold spell ;)

Things are not too bad here up north, in fact, if it makes you feel any better today I planted my snow peas :p:D

8sGJTub.jpg

Glad to hear your kitty loved the videos :cool:

And if you will excuse a short public service announcement:
Gents, Sunday is Feb 14. AKA Valentines Day. Let's not have anyone in the dog house.

........indeed not.

Large bag Madagascar Prawns bought, in the fridge, ready and waiting for garlic and butter this evening.
My best bottle of champagne, in the fridge...........ready and waiting for accompaniement.

Of course - I need to behave and be a good boy all day too :cool:

Nothing special for Valentines Day here.
We went out to dinner last night, but that's about it.
I guess after being together for 35 years, these little holidays lose some of their importance.

I guess after being together for 35 years, these little holidays lose some of their importance.
Same here. This year however, our daughter and her roommate have been home for a little over a week. They had to quarantine because a girl in their sorority house tested positive. Friday we got the news that they are both negative! So we are all ready to get out, and for Valentine’s Day we are going axe throwing! :D Oh, and here are some sweet treats my daughter made this morning.
EF09C9B3-9027-49AB-9201-9C2323043153.jpeg

:D
Nothing says LOVE like axe throwing. :D:thumbsup:

:p:thumbsup::D

My daughter has thrown axes, too, but not with me. Daughters throwing axes wakens a primeval fear in many fathers, I'll bet.

- GT
I can’t believe the axe throwing is what you guys focused on. Did you see those chocolate covered strawberries? :D:D:D Well, I guess this is a knife forum, not a candy forum!:thumbsup:

I never thought I'd see the day that I didn't wake up and say "Thank God I'm in Texas!" This morning it came. A high of like 25 degrees, ice everywhere, and its a hazard to actually walk the dog. Sidewalks like ice rinks. Abby is restricted to the backyard until the thaw.

Neither Karen or I had realized how much we'd both become acclimated to the warmer Texas climate. But at least we have a full pantry, full bottle of Even Williams, and the cable bill is paid. We may make it to the weather break in a few days. Maybe.:(

But I find myself online browsing retirement times in Baja California. :eek:

Candy, champagne, and a filet mignon dinner at home. No roses this year--my wife gets mad if I spend too much money on flowers. And she knows what I spend because she handles the bills now!

I never thought I'd see the day that I didn't wake up and say "Thank God I'm in Texas!" This morning it came. A high of like 25 degrees, ice everywhere, and its a hazard to actually walk the dog. Sidewalks like ice rinks. Abby is restricted to the backyard until the thaw.

Neither Karen or I had realized how much we'd both become acclimated to the warmer Texas climate. But at least we have a full pantry, full bottle of Even Williams, and the cable bill is paid. We may make it to the weather break in a few days. Maybe.:(

But I find myself online browsing retirement times in Baja California. :eek:
Texas is still WAY better than California, Carl. This cold spell will be over very soon.

Texas is still WAY better than California, Carl. This cold spell will be over very soon.

Yeah, I know you're right! At least here in Texas, I still have my second amendment rights, unlike either California or my old home state of the Peoples Republik Of Maryland! My son in law retired this past year from his job, and our daughter has one year to go to pull the plug on her parole officer job so then they are moving from Mission Viejo in Orange county to here in Georgetown. They can't wait to get out of California. The granddaughter can't wait to move so she can go shooing more. I hope theres ammo for us to go kill some Coke cans by then!o_O

Yeah, I know you're right! At least here in Texas, I still have my second amendment rights, unlike either California or my old home state of the Peoples Republik Of Maryland! My son in law retired this past year from his job, and our daughter has one year to go to pull the plug on her parole officer job so then they are moving from Mission Viejo in Orange county to here in Georgetown. They can't wait to get out of California. The granddaughter can't wait to move so she can go shooing more. I hope theres ammo for us to go kill some Coke cans by then!o_O
Speaking of Maryland, I spent 10 days in Baltimore around Christmas and New Year's (over 30 years ago). Never been so cold in my life! I'm staying in south Texas. Love my gun rights, too.

Back