"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Mike Robuck

Gold Member
Good to know, thanks JohnDF. Dang, maybe I can't lay on the couch all day drinking medicinal whiskey while recovering from my second shot. My arm was really sore the second day after the first shot.

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
Gary, how did you feel after the second shot? I'm debating whether I want to ask for the following day off. Thanks.

Mike, I had a sore arm after both shots and a nasty headache the night after the second (Moderna). My son had flu like symptoms for 24 hours after his second Moderna shot.
If it's a nice day like today, I'd take it off! :D

Headwinds

Basic Member
Gary, how did you feel after the second shot? I'm debating whether I want to ask for the following day off. Thanks.
I’m 76 and my arm was slightly sore after the second Pfizer shot. My daughter’s 45 and was absolutely miserable for three days after her second Moderna shot - had a long weekend to recover but said she couldn’t have gone to work regardless. Good luck with yours!

Cutfinger

Platinum Member
My wife is a middle school teacher, so will be getting hers soon, as she's a so called essential worker. I may qualify, as a carpenter/contractor... We'll see.
Canada has been slow on the vaccine rollout, as we have no means to manufacture the vaccine in country. That may change soon, which will help in the future.

My arm was sore for a few days after the shot, but I feel that the bayonet like stab from the medtech may have a bit to do with it. Kinda like she was tired of her job and took it out on the injection victims!:eek:

If I see her when I go back, I'm gonna be very uneasy!

bigfish64

Gold Member
My experience was similar to many of you. I only had minor soreness in my arm and nothing else. That said, many of my co-worker we not so lucky. We got ours as a group (teaching staff) on a Saturday and many of them said they would not have wanted to work the next day. My advice, if you can, take the day just to be safe. :thumbsup:

scrteened porch

Gold Member
I got the Pfizer shot. They kept me for half an hour because of my history of fainting. (First typhoid shot, 1976. I had a rug-burn on my face.)
So far so good.
I didn't feel it going in at all.

The supply may be improving. Eligibility of non-stricken whelps of 50 has been moved up a couple of weeks, I hear. Also those essential restaurant and grocery workers are finally eligible for a vaccine.

Mike Robuck

Gold Member
Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I was supposed to wait 15 minutes after the first shot but I was in a hurry. I'll wait after I get the next one and see if I can take the next day off. Jack, those would be better, and more understandable, than talking like Ozzy.

5K Qs

Gold Member
I had my first Pfizer shot the last Friday in February (2/26, I think). No adverse reactions at all that day. My arm was mildly sore the next day, but my wife wouldn't let me use it as an excuse not to do the laundry. :rolleyes: In the afternoon, I walked 5 miles round trip to a pharmacy to get medicine for a dog, and my legs (hips and knees especially) really felt "dead". I wondered later if it might have been related to the vaccination, but I'm probably just looking for excuses besides getting older.

- GT

Jack Black

Gold Member
Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I was supposed to wait 15 minutes after the first shot but I was in a hurry. I'll wait after I get the next one and see if I can take the next day off. Jack, those would be better, and more understandable, than talking like Ozzy.

How has he retained that accent?! :D :thumbsup:

After I had my shot, along with everyone else, I had to wait for ten minutes. I was then asked if I felt alright. Having walked 2 miles to town in the rain, I did think about saying I felt tired and fed-up, but I thought better of it :rolleyes:

Old Engineer

Gold Member
I would suggest that you take the next 2 days off . But even the Regular Flu shots always hit me on the second day after . But please do not let anything that I have said stop you from getting the shots .
Added Edit : First Shot was No Issue /// Second Shot hit hardest

Harry

Last edited:

Modoc ED

Gold Member
Cindy and I have had both of our shots. No problems for me but Cindy was sore and stiff after the second one for a day or two. We had to stay for fifteen minutes after our shots as it was the policy of our County Health Department to do so for everyone. We got the Moderna version. Now I can give my favorite waitress at the Wagon Wheel Cafe a hug when I see her.

kamagong

Gold Member
My trusty old nail clippers gave up the ghost recently, and I could not find a replacement, so I had to make do with some piss poor substitutes from the big box stores.

Feeling that there had to be some better options out there, I went fishing on the mighty river site. Just got these in today. I'm especially intrigued by the miniature wire cutter looking things.

51026872561_0ce64896d3_c.jpg

The manufacturer is mighty proud of its creation, the clipper and accompanying nail file came in a tube a la GEC.