"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Is that “Wood Swell&lock”? Let us know how it works - I can think of a few possible uses.

Did you try using a hammer on the pivot first?
No glue Swel Lock. 👍

No hammer. ☹️ I do have a 10x10x0.25 inch mild steel plate I could beat on though. I use it as a base plate for my recurve bow vice. (50" 6,000# capacity Smitty Built Hi-Lift farm jack.) Using a stringer tool it can bend my 70 pound draw at 28" (58.9# at my draw length) take down recurve bow enough to string it.
Yes. It is a regal royal pain in the sitter to string it. Since the limbs are fiberglass, I usually leave it strung, sine the limbs can't take a set and lose power like wood limbs do if left strung "too long". (a full day or three?)

No glue Swel Lock. 👍
Well ... it got here. 🙂
The two MAM ain't "gravity knives" and/or "flick to open" (or fall open in d pocket) no more. 😁👍
The Bergamasco was getting a bit loose so I went ahead and gave it a couple drops on each side of the blade too.

Hope the treatment lasts a spell.

Congratulations from across the ditch . Let us know when hes older if hes a vegemite fan or the kiwi heritage shines through and he loves the superior spread of Marmite :D
Please God not vegemite....a Japanese friend of mine has a hilarious story where she overheard a Japanese tourguide in a Sydney souvenir shop tell a party of young Japanese tourist women that vegemite is chocolate flavoured...She waited while they all purchased large jars of it and outside scooped it in to their mouths....shrieks of horror as it touched the taste buds and was not chocolate but salty yeasty black crud...
Congratulations!! Have you signed him up for your creative writing course yet?;)
Sure have
..hes working on his first book..."What Am I ?" A riproaring rollercoaster ride through the jungle of the unkown.....in his cot👍

Back