Carothers and Guns

Thanks for the info!
I’m 6’3 with orangutan length arms so that’s be fine by me:)
I’ll check out that stock as I’m thinking of selling off the M1 and moving into the M4 because I have the itch for something new.

Thanks for the info!
I’m 6’3 with orangutan length arms so that’s be fine by me:)
I’ll check out that stock as I’m thinking of selling off the M1 and moving into the M4 because I have the itch for something new.
I guess I should mention that the ATI Raven stock for the M4 is out of production. I got one years back, but if you're looking for one now, you'd have to scour the secondary market.

Depending on your personal preference, Benelli has 3 different stocks for the M4; the most common is the pistol grip stock. They also have the collapsible stock, and the field stock (for folks who prefer a more normal shotgun stock without the pistol grip).

If you're used to regular shottys and are fine with a longer LOP, you might consider looking at the field stock models. I guess there are folks who really dislike the pistol grip stock. I don't really have an issue with them and I've tried the M4 with the field stock, and while they feel more 'natural' for a shotgun, the LOP is still too long for my preference (though I've heard of folks modding them by cutting them shorter and sticking a limb saver pad on the end).

You guys never warned me that no matter what I pay for my guns initially, I will end up spending 2 x as much on accessorizing and blinging 'em? :confused:
Already spent a bunch $ and still a bunch of stuff sitting in my CGW's cart for my next venture done the wabbit-heoll :rolleyes:

I like these Vedder holsters with fake CF finish. The retention of the P-01 could've been a bit better but the retention screw is adjustable, so...

0B182DB2-0EEE-4B27-8352-BAD79A11DD5A.jpeg C148B0C7-0577-4863-B1E4-ED4D1774F566.jpeg

You guys never warned me that no matter what I pay for my guns initially, I will end up spending 2 x as much on accessorizing and blinging 'em? :confused:
Already spent a bunch $ and still a bunch of stuff sitting in my CGW's cart for my next venture done the wabbit-heoll :rolleyes:

I like these Vedder holsters with fake CF finish. The retention of the P-01 could've been a bit better but the retention screw is adjustable, so...

View attachment 1331137 View attachment 1331138
Lol.

There are those who only have 2 CPKs, and both get used regularly, as they came from CPK.

There are folks who have 67 CPKs, and ~ 200 pairs of handle scales in different colors and materials.

I know a lot of folks with 10,000 - 20,000+ rounds through the same bone stock Glock over ~15 years, that's only ever had the springs replaced, and others who've ended up with ~$2k Gucci Glocks.

Nothing wrong with either/or. Different strokes for different folks.

If you havent seen it this is a great thread for cz owners
Essentially a guide to a self cajunized pistol

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/191773-cz-tuning-101-with-professor-atlas/

Either way a lot of good cz info on this site

If you havent seen it this is a great thread for cz owners
Essentially a guide to a self cajunized pistol

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/191773-cz-tuning-101-with-professor-atlas/

Either way a lot of good cz info on this site

Yessir, I had come across that thread thru the OG CZ forums but thank you again for another reminder. I don't think that the gunsmith who did my P-01 did a stellar job of installing a few CGW parts but once I get into home-smithing, I will be able to take a closer look at the prior work already done and also to QC the work, per the info in that thread. Also, I have found pout that HoneyBadger Guns here in San Diego is an authorized CGW gunsmith. I didn't know that prior to doing the P-01 elsewhere. Awwwelp!

I guess I should mention that the ATI Raven stock for the M4 is out of production. I got one years back, but if you're looking for one now, you'd have to scour the secondary market.

Depending on your personal preference, Benelli has 3 different stocks for the M4; the most common is the pistol grip stock. They also have the collapsible stock, and the field stock (for folks who prefer a more normal shotgun stock without the pistol grip).

If you're used to regular shottys and are fine with a longer LOP, you might consider looking at the field stock models. I guess there are folks who really dislike the pistol grip stock. I don't really have an issue with them and I've tried the M4 with the field stock, and while they feel more 'natural' for a shotgun, the LOP is still too long for my preference (though I've heard of folks modding them by cutting them shorter and sticking a limb saver pad on the end).

Thanks again for the thoughtful reply, I appreciate the help. Back when I checked out the M4 the only option was the original telescoping stock, seems like it’s time to study again :)

en7INnF.jpg

Nice photo! I have not tried a P365 yet, but plan on doing so. I think Sig finally got all of the bugs out of them.
Thank you! That is their claim with these latest models. No hiccups so far. The trigger is so smooth compared to the 320's, all of that gritty pull is gone. I did opt for the safety, I know that it's not the popular choice. If it had a hammer it wouldn't bother me but with a light trigger and striker fired I just felt better with the safety

I'm ok with safeties as long as people train with them, so releasing it becomes a reflex-like response.

I have a 320 subcompact and the trigger is ok, but with the short grip I can only get 2 fingers on it, and with the heavy slide, recoil is more than I prefer.

I fractured the little finger on my left hand, and until rehab I did not realize how much grip strength a little finger contributes – it was eye opening.

Was BS'ing with Eric (aka little dorky not to mistake with the new guy aka BIGDORK :D ) and something he sent me piqued my interest to look up something which I have had in my wishlist for a long time and since I say this, I said fudge it, as long as it doesn't fire backwards, I just gotta go for it, LOL:

zWUPoQp.png

If this order gets filled, I'll be very very happy and will try my worst to make good on the indecent proposal which already I made Eric (don't hold your breath though phatboy!). I reckon that I'll be hiding in the weeds for their sale on glass to score a decent one and then my rifle hunt will be complete, for now :)

^ I will be seeking recommendations regarding glass for the above. Now, this rifle is not meant to be a 1000+ yards marksmanship type of rifle fitted for a sniper! It will not be a pretend marksman's toy meaning shooting from using the sturdiest tripods, stances, fore-end rests, etc... Just some off hand shooting, using the sling for support maybe, kneeled and prone positions for a couple to a few hundred yards max practices (limitations of the rifle withstanding).

Therefore not looking for an expensive glass but something practical for the above description. Something that pulls up fast and then focused relatively without much fuss. Maybe a decent Leupold 3x-9x type in the high high $200s or low $300s? If you got something better in mind fitting the criteria, please give me some leads to research. I trust tried and tested recommendations from CPK'ers over paid YT'ers.

Back