Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

supratentorial supratentorial @The Fort Signalprick Signalprick Help me out guys have been talked in to getting one. My choices are a dogleg jack I know for a fact is perfect for $275 and a Wilfred lockback new but don't know 100% if it's not got any issues. $335
Dogleg is antique bone and the Wilfred is the cover I'd rather have the chestnut. Also could get a antique bone cattle knife but the bidding will probably go too high.

Last edited:
supratentorial supratentorial @The Fort Signalprick Signalprick Help me out guys have been talked in to getting one. My choices are a dogleg jack I know for a fact is perfect for $275 and a Wilfred lockback new but don't know 100% if it's not got any issues. $335
Dogleg is antique bone and the Wilfred is the cover I'd rather have the chestnut. Also could get a antique bone cattle knife but the bidding will probably go too high.
I had a perfect Dogleg in antique I sold not too long ago and I got around $350 for it iirc. I honestly kinda regret setting that one. It's a wonderful knife. ATS34 steel, thicker build and slightly on the heavy side but just a great collab piece. That big spear blade is a real slicer and the secondary is a gorgeous and useful blade. Perfect size length wise. Not dainty at all. The Wilfred Lockback has really never been on my radar. Too big for my liking. I'd probably go for the Dogleg personally just due to scarcity of that model these days and the price is so good you cant loose on it if you decide its not for you......hell I might be interested! ;) the Wilfred Lockback is pretty recent, 2016. With a lot of them still in dealer hands there is room for the price to come down yet I feel and lots of opportunity to pick one up in the future as well.

I had a perfect Dogleg in antique I sold not too long ago and I got around $350 for it iirc. I honestly kinda regret setting that one. It's a wonderful knife. ATS34 steel, thicker build and slightly on the heavy side but just a great collab piece. That big spear blade is a real slicer and the secondary is a gorgeous and useful blade. Perfect size length wise. Not dainty at all. The Wilfred Lockback has really never been on my radar. Too big for my liking. I'd probably go for the Dogleg personally just due to scarcity of that model these days and the price is so good you cant loose on it if you decide its not for you......hell I might be interested! ;) the Wilfred Lockback is pretty recent, 2016. With a lot of them still in dealer hands there is room for the price to come down yet I feel and lots of opportunity to pick one up in the future as well.
Thanks for the very helpful insight will go for the dogleg and maybe get lucky on the cattle knife even tho I hate buying off eBay

I also like the dogleg. On some of them the pen blade blocks access to the pull for the spear blade but it can be fixed. It is a heavy overbuilt knife and the weight may be a problem for some. Just trying to be critical but I like the knife a lot. Very solid beautiful blades, grinds, swedges. Love the all steel construction and shield. Strong pull but the mechanics will be noticeably smooth compared to other factory knives because of the bushings and mill relieved liners. Generous blades will have room for lots of sharpenings.

I've never seen the lockback except in photos.

8c92hjJ.jpg

Like supratentorial supratentorial said, the Dogleg is extremely smooth opening. Best I've had for the Case Bose. My only negative was the slight downward angle of the main blade when open. I wish the main was more straight on that one when open. A lot of people like that curvature when using I'm just not one of them. Might be the overall best looking collab IMO though.

Like supratentorial supratentorial said, the Dogleg is extremely smooth opening. Best I've had for the Case Bose. My only negative was the slight downward angle of the main blade when open. I wish the main was more straight on that one when open. A lot of people like that curvature when using I'm just not one of them. Might be the overall best looking collab IMO though.
Just shot the gentleman who offered it to me an I'll take it

Shot the gent??:eek: I know knife-fever can unhinge us all, but....:D:D

I'd like to see pictures of an early Collab The Pruner, any owners?

I had to send my Dogleg to Case to get the pen blade dropped a bit to access the nick on the main. Quite a bit heavier knife than I normally carry.

Here's a comparison series, Will. Will Power Will Power
View attachment 894466 View attachment 894467 View attachment 894468
Hope nobody shoots me!!!!:eek:
:D

(scratches on the scanner as usual:()!

OOOHHHHHHH! Thanks for the pictures Charlie. I like the Collab Pruner very much indeed, but the Real Thang :eek::cool::cool: That Stag n' Rat-Tail :):thumbsup:

You know, in the extremely unlikely event that I could afford either of them, sigh! I'd CERTAINLY put it to work in my garden, why, the fruit trees need attention right now:D:cool:

Regards, Will

What do you think about the dogleg compared to the coffin jack

OOOHHHHHHH! Thanks for the pictures Charlie. I like the Collab Pruner very much indeed, but the Real Thang :eek::cool::cool: That Stag n' Rat-Tail :):thumbsup:

You know, in the extremely unlikely event that I could afford either of them, sigh! I'd CERTAINLY put it to work in my garden, why, the fruit trees need attention right now:D:cool:

Regards, Will
Hey Will,
send me an email!!

Take it from me folks, that knife of Will's is an exceptional Actor!! Every thing about it is just right, IMO!!! I think Case was at the top of their game when they made those Pruners!!!

I saw the chestnut stockman is out now. I want it. Gotta save the pennies!

Heres my wilfred brown bone. Its a dandy.. I bought an ebony first and honestly it was the messiest knife i had bought in a long time. I have faith in Case and i'm sure they will fix it right or send a new one. Their costumer service is great. The wilfred is a great knife!
IMG_1409.jpg
IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg

Back