• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Caution dealing with member Knives&More

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not going to start tagging people because of "likes". Keep that shit to whine and cheese..Same goes for the nit picking.
If you have a nit that needs to be picked, report it..Otherwise,..coral your shit to W&C.,

Didn't break my hand, just my arm. o_O Completely missed the point. :rolleyes:
I for one think you hit the nail on the head :thumbsup: pay no mind to the salty few who turned out to be supportive of a scum bag.

I'll add, the extent some go to undermine the system here is unbelievable. Thanks to vocal members like you, they get outted.

I for one think you hit the nail on the head :thumbsup: pay no mind to the salty few who turned out to be supportive of a scum bag.

I'll add, the extent some go to undermine the system here is unbelievable. Thanks to vocal members like you, they get outted.

Who said we were supportive? Not one of us is sad that this guy is gone. What pisses me off is getting dragged back into this mess whenever we did nothing wrong. What was the reasoning for tagging the group? It doesn’t help the thread, it doesn’t help the forum, it’s just to pump SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak ‘s ego up even more.

Does that make me “salty”, yeah I suppose. Because I didn’t rip off BladeForums, I didn’t create 20 profiles, yet I’m getting pulled into this shit show.

Absolute nonsense.

I'm going to state this in VERY simple terms so that you dipshits will understand it.
Tag someone because of what they "liked" and you don't like it? That's a no go.
Pat each other on the backs and stir up more shit because of it outside of W&C, encouraging that behaviour?
No go.

I WILL hand out vacations for this. You are warned.

Who said we were supportive? Not one of us is sad that this guy is gone. What pisses me off is getting dragged back into this mess whenever we did nothing wrong. What was the reasoning for tagging the group? It doesn’t help the thread, it doesn’t help the forum, it’s just to pump SpyderPhreak‘s ego up even more.

Does that make me “salty”, yeah I suppose. Because I didn’t rip off BladeForums, I didn’t create 20 profiles, yet I’m getting pulled into this shit show.

Absolute nonsense.

^^^ This, especially the first part. It would take a huge leap to go from liking posts made by someone who was outed as a sock pupped months later, to advocating dishonesty and theft.

Seriously?

If you go into a brick-and-mortar knife store or sporting goods store, and ask to see a ACME 123 with Unobtainium steel that costs $367.99, and they don't give you a disposable glove and require that you use it to examine the knife as you hold it, then ethically they should not sell it as "new" because it's no longer "mint"?

Or fingers are not part of the body? Which is it?

Do you really think the back of your hand is any more 'damaging' or 'nasty' than your fingers?

The whole NIB, LNIB, Mint, Excellent to Like New, knife condition grading issue is getting insane.

Use common sense, use your best judgement to grade the condition, then provide good photos and full descriptions of any relevant blemishes, faults, issues and use that the knife has, to the best of your knowledge!

I'm not an aerospace engineer, but it ain't rocket science!

What gets me is the people who say their knife is MINT then go on to describe how it's only ever been in their pocket and just been flicked open a few times, maybe used to shave hair. If parts of your body have touched it, the knife is no longer mint.

I'm going to go yell at some clouds now

"Or did you actually USE the knife, and had to disassemble it to clean it and hide that fact too? :eek: Have you done this on all the knives you've sold here? Serious question..."

That's speculation. The very definition of speculation, actually. I have no skin in the game, but you are trashing the kid pretty bad. Yes, I agree he should have disclosed he disassembled the knife, that's been established. And I'm not defending him either, I just think it looks like it's gone far enough, your thread, your decision. But since I'm a member I have the privilege to post on it.

I also consider that last comment about the "ones who matter" a pretty terrible thing to say about a forum that's supposed to be a open place for people who love knives to converse with others who share their enthusiasm for the hobby. I'm relatively new still, especially compared to some of the other members here, so does that mean you have more right to this site than I do? I'm a nonpaying member, though I try my best to contribute to the betterment of the forum, but maybe that's not even enough to "matter".

Again, he did something wrong, you called him out on it. Now he knows, yet you just keep poking, and poking because he "may"(speculation again) have stretched the truth on a detail on his profile. Obviously I'm a moonwalking cowboy, and there's a million and one other Ranger's and Samurai's on this forum, maybe they just matter more..

^^^ This, especially the first part. It would take a huge leap to go from liking posts made by someone who was outed as a sock pupped months later, to advocating dishonesty and theft.

All the people who defended this guy, saying this thread had gone far enough ate crow. This thread had NOT gone far enough. It's because of this thread a scum bucket got nailed and booted. While you just "liked", mcfeeli's defending of the scummy dude and saying this thread was just "poking", that turned out to be hogwash didn't it? It turned out Spyder was dead on with his sniffing out a dishonest guy and this thread was extremely useful to Kevin the owner of bladeforums.

Now, maybe Spyder shouldn't have tagged you because you "liked" mcfeeli's posts defending the scummy dude. Doesn't change, all those who opposed this thread were dead wrong. Period.

Tagging people over likes is a no no and now that that's clear I can all but guarantee spyderphreak won't do it again.

To be fair, he was outed as dishonest from the beginning of this thread, and as it turns out, more so than the rest of us knew. Some folks jumped in to defend. Standing differences between longtime members should be put aside. Objectively, the op was right on.

Now, maybe Spyder shouldn't have tagged you because you "liked" mcfeeli's posts defending the scummy dude....................

And here was my whole point. Like everyone, I'm glad BF is lighter by one scammer. But the tag was a bit much over merely clicking a Like button, those likes did nothing to help or harm anyone. Especially in light of the fact that the OP had already PM'ed me his dissatisfaction with those Likes. I chose not to engage in the conversation with him, but it's easy to see when I've read messages.

Seriously?

If you go into a brick-and-mortar knife store or sporting goods store, and ask to see a ACME 123 with Unobtainium steel that costs $367.99, and they don't give you a disposable glove and require that you use it to examine the knife as you hold it, then ethically they should not sell it as "new" because it's no longer "mint"?

Or fingers are not part of the body? Which is it?

Do you really think the back of your hand is any more 'damaging' or 'nasty' than your fingers?

The whole NIB, LNIB, Mint, Excellent to Like New, knife condition grading issue is getting insane.

Use common sense, use your best judgement to grade the condition, then provide good photos and full descriptions of any relevant blemishes, faults, issues and use that the knife has, to the best of your knowledge!

I'm not an aerospace engineer, but it ain't rocket science!
There are standards for collecting, mint is untouched. And when I'm looking at $2000+ knives, that is important to me and many others. $300 to $500 I'm not that worried about.

And here was my whole point. Like everyone, I'm glad BF is lighter by one scammer. But the tag was a bit much over merely clicking a Like button, those likes did nothing to help or harm anyone. Especially in light of the fact that the OP had already PM'ed me his dissatisfaction with those Likes. I chose not to engage in the conversation with him, but it's easy to see when I've read messages.
I get it, the OP rubbed it in a little. Which as he now knows is a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back