• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Caution dealing with member Knives&More

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, based on preliminary digging here, it would seem that someone has registered 10 different profiles, and purchased multiple memberships in order to buy & sell knives. There's been additional fun & games going on with one particular membership which appears to be engaged in some tomfoolery that manufacturers would not approve of. More later.

Spark, thanks for all that you do here! I appreciate you stepping in.

FWIW, "like new in box" is a vague description. However, there is no way in hell that you can take a knife apart then claim it is "LNIB." NO WAY!!! Forgetting to install a screw is just icing on the cake.

Having multiple accounts and defending yourself through a sock-puppet makes "Knives&More" a total undesirable.

I would hazard a guess that some of his positive feedbacks were from himself..... had he just stayed quite and apologized he probably would have been in the clear.

The root cause of this cluster is, again, the meaninglessness of "LNIB." If it is to mean anything at all it has to be synonymous with BNIB. Anything beyond removing the knife from the box for photos (flipping/opening other than to take the photos, cutting anything, disassembling in any way, lubricating, testing the pocket clip, etc.) makes it something other than BNIB or LNIB. It ain't brand new, or like new, no mo'!

So this went from one guy arguing for his skewed definition of LNIB, to drawing the attention of the site's owner and potentially getting multiple paid accounts banned? Oops!

FWIW, I don't think any knife sold on the "individual" pages here is "NIB", as technically speaking, manufacturers could refuse to service them if they weren't sold by an authorized dealer. I'm sure most wouldn't quibble about it, but without a receipt from an authorized dealer, you can't really "prove" that the knife is legitimate, and not an extremely accurate counterfeit, etc.

And yes, I'm sure I have called knives "NIB" without being an AD myself - especially when selling on Ebay, given their definitions for "new" vs. "used". As I said, that's a very technical definition :p

For me, LNIB implies that I could return it to the dealer for a full refund, and they'd be justified in selling it as new. In other words, you didn't do anything to it that you wouldn't do in a store, in front of the dealer, when trying it out. Flipping it open is fine, cutting some paper is fine, pocketing it to see how it fits is fine. Anything beyond that isn't fine. Disassembly clearly isn't LNIB any more.

What gets me is the people who say their knife is MINT then go on to describe how it's only ever been in their pocket and just been flicked open a few times, maybe used to shave hair. If parts of your body have touched it, the knife is no longer mint.

I'm going to go yell at some clouds now

So it was "Knives and more accounts than I can count without removing at least one shoe"-Amazing. Now it makes me wonder if anybody would have gotten their knives at all.

We're investigating this further.

So, based on preliminary digging here, it would seem that someone has registered 10 different profiles, and purchased multiple memberships in order to buy & sell knives. There's been additional fun & games going on with one particular membership which appears to be engaged in some tomfoolery that manufacturers would not approve of. More later.

Oh wow! :eek: Thanks for looking into this Kevin! :thumbsup: I wonder if this is some returning scammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back