1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Charlie Campagna

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by wlfryjr, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    @waynorth
    We miss you, buddy. This place ain't the same without you.
    The knife world NEEDS you back now.

Here's another one you had a hand in.;) I am so thankful for you sharing insider insights with us. I loved learning about this one.:thumbsup::cool:
    [​IMG]

2. knowtracks

knowtracks Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Talked to our good Friend again today!:)
    Once again he sounds Greatly improved!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    He told me that he has graduated to a cane and has been given a "day pass" to GO HOME!!!!! :D
    Now I ask you, How's that for progress???? :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: I was very elated to hear this Wonderful news, almost as much as Charlie is!
    So look for him on Saturday here on the Porch. :D:D
    A close Friend of Charlie's came to visit and gave him a "Quick recovery" knife present. Which is Wonderful therapy for the fingers of his left hand.
    Just like the rest of you Brothers and Sisters here, I can't wait to see My Good Friend back here at Traditionals. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Once again I'd like to post some "one of a kind" SFO's that Charlie has had made.
    These are just exactly like the Man himself....
    ONE OF A KIND!!!!

HJ #1 Tiger Coral
    IMG_0714.JPG

HJ #1 Abalone
    IMG_0718.JPG

TC Barlow, Saddle Brown, The only one made! :)
    IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG

Dave

3. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Awesome!!!

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wonderful news! Thank you, Dave.

5. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Great stuff, Dave, thanks for the positive update and the ultra-rare Charley SFOs.

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great news!

7. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Good news for sure! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Awesome knives too!

8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Whoop!

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you for this wonderful news Dave! :thumbsup: Thanks for showing us those three beautiful knives from Charlie! :thumbsup:

@waynorth Charlie, Pam and I are so happy to hear of your progress my friend! I can’t compete with our friend Dave, but here is a photo of two of my favorites from your passion and the fine people at Great Eastern Cutlery! :thumbsup: :D

upload_2019-5-23_17-58-43.jpeg

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  10. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Excellent, Dave!... the news and the knives!

11. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the encouraging report about Charlie's continuing progress, Dave!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::)

- GT

12. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Wonderful to hear that Charlie is improving so much! I am looking forward to when he can join us again here, he has been greatly missed.

13. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Great news! Getting to go home even for a short period will bring great peace of mind. And that will go a long way on healing,familiar surroundings bring great comfort. Still pulling for ya Charlie!
    Thanks for the regular updates Dave

14. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Thanks for the update Dave, really good to see, made my day. Keep getting well Charlie.

15. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Dave! Wonderful report. :)

16. dave308ek

dave308ek

Apr 19, 2014
    Beautiful knives and excellent news and post Dave!

So happy to hear that Charlie is on the fast track to recovery. It's going to be a great Memorial weekend now!

17. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thank you Dave and excited for Charlie's return:thumbsup::cool:

18. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I'm looking forward to Charlie dropping into this thread. I hope he is able to soon.

19. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Dave that’s awesome- really really awesome - Sue and I over the other side of the a world right now and I just finished catching up with Paul - and also Jack via email - weird as I am sitting at Hong Kong Airport and reading this I found a few tears welling. I’m getting old.

20. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    ^^Couldn't have said it better.^^

Thanks for the update, Dave.