Concerns About Survive! Business and Misleading Lead Time Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are well past the point that misleading timelines and misinformation have evolved into a lie, otherwise this thread wouldn't be nearly as big as it is and the comments on FB wouldn't be as blunt as they are.

Always entertaining to see people freaking out over knife delays like they had a deadline to save the world with it.

Sad that you are entertained at others frustration. There was one customer I remember reading about that was going to get his Son a GSO who was serving a long deployment overseas. The GSO was delayed and He still hasn't gotten the GSO meant from his son, and think his son has already returned back. You still think it's funny? Does that entertain you?

As I said above in what happened in my case, it's not the end of the world , but it's not fair to influence a purchase when it could have been spent elsewhere had you known. And in the case of events, (like deer season), yea it really does suck. It's not cute, it's not entertaining.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit hilarious, actually, that survive's delays and misleadings wound up resulting in me discovering two or three other makers who'll be getting my hard-earned cash moving forward, instead of survive.

It wasn't even the 4.1 presale that irritated me so much - it was the blatant missing of specific deadlines on the Monday 2nd 4.7 CFV I bought when I realized the 4.1 would take forever. I likely would have hung onto the 4.1 order, if they hadn't been untruthful - repeatedly - about the 4.7.

Instead, I cancelled the 4.1, bought other stuff from other makers (that I'm extremely happy with, and wish I'd known about before getting into the S!K pool), and here we are.

If they'd just matched their actions with their words, they'd still have a second order from me, and likely a few more in the future. How sloppy do you have to be to drive eager business to your competitors?

If I walk into a purchase with my eyes wide open about an open-ended timeline, that's on me. But once I get empty excuses about missed STATED timelines - or lied to directly about timelines someone won't hit, that's the last business I'm likely to do with them.

But yeah - the faithful will simply reduce that to "wah wah, just impatient whining".

So be it. I've said my piece. Have fun in Survive! Land.

But yeah - the faithful will simply reduce that to "wah wah, just impatient whining".

True story. The "faithful", if you'd like to call us that, understand people's frustration. We (I'm being pretentious and assuming it's ok to speak for others) just have faith that Guy, Ellie, and crew have zero interest in screwing us over and will come through like champs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

True story. The "faithful", if you'd like to call us that, understand people's frustration. We (I'm being pretentious and assuming it's ok to speak for others) just have faith that Guy, Ellie, and crew have zero interest in screwing us over and will come through like champs.

I have no disagreement with you on what I perceive their intentions to be.

But I'm not talking about the long game, or "coming through" for anyone at this point.

I'm saying that what's happening right now is unacceptable. To my mind, anyways... and to seemingly many others.

Leaving aside the question of whether they fold or "survive", how do you explain or excuse the ongoing falsehoods about delivery timing? I don't see anyone presenting any compelling arguments for *why* those failures are no big deal.

It's not about frustration anymore, I think. It's about disdain at this point.

Bummer, but there it is.

I have no disagreement with you on what I perceive their intentions to be.

But I'm not talking about the long game, or "coming through" for anyone at this point.

I'm saying that what's happening right now is unacceptable. To me... and seemingly many others.

It's not about frustration anymore, I think. It's about disdain at this point.

Bummer, but there it is.

No sweat man. I think, and hope, that people will be more than happy if they just stick it out. I don't blame anyone if they get tired of waiting though. I do have a problem with people who'd rather bitch than get a solution though, i.e. a refund.

I get a little ticked off about the negativity that has soaked through this subforum sometimes but I definitely think legit concerns have their place, and this seems like the right thread to do that.

For what it's worth, I think people would be surprised at how responsive S!K has been since they have a dedicated customer service person. Jordyn has been excellent at my stupid last minute changes. I wouldn't hope for an exact delivery date though. They seem to be learning that lesson.

No sweat man. I think, and hope, that people will be more than happy if they just stick it out. I don't blame anyone if they get tired of waiting though. I do have a problem with people who'd rather bitch than get a solution though, i.e. a refund.

I get a little ticked off about the negativity that has soaked through this subforum sometimes but I definitely think legit concerns have their place, and this seems like the right thread to do that.

For what it's worth, I think people would be surprised at how responsive S!K has been since they have a dedicated customer service person. Jordyn has been excellent at my stupid last minute changes. I wouldn't hope for an exact delivery date though. They seem to be learning that lesson.

Cheers, Grog [emoji482] no worries here either ultimately.

Jordyn was friendly with my inquiries about my two orders, I'll give her that. However, it took some time, and then calling Ellie directly to get them to process my 4.1 cancellation, and literally nothing Jordyn told me about timing commitments was true.

So yeah. Superficially very helpful, but did feed me some bull, so I wouldn't say I was impressed.

Totally not her fault though - those failures are above her pay grade, no doubt.

And I hear ya about saturation of negativity - personally, I'm mostly constraining my comments to this thread for that reason.

In any case, I'm going to refrain from saying more if I can help it. My views should be abundantly clear by this point, so no worth in whipping the dead horse further [emoji206]

Cheers, Grog [emoji482] no worries here either ultimately.

Jordyn was friendly with my inquiries about my two orders, I'll give her that. However, it took some time, and then calling Ellie directly to get them to process my 4.1 cancellation, and literally nothing Jordyn told me about timing commitments was true.

So yeah. Superficially very helpful, but did feed me some bull, so I wouldn't say I was impressed.

Totally not her fault though - those failures are above her pay grade, no doubt.

And I hear ya about saturation of negativity - personally, I'm mostly constraining my comments to this thread for that reason.

In any case, I'm going to refrain from saying more if I can help it. My views should be abundantly clear by this point, so no worth in whipping the dead horse further [emoji206]

My opinion is worth jack all so consider it accordingly, but this is the right place for those frustrations. You've pitched in on other threads and I think that's great. Not that you need my approval or cheerleader'ish bullshit. Still appreciated.

Cheers man. [emoji106]

Someone that does business with survive knives (I won't disclose their name) has informed other businesses in the knife industry that survive knives is lying about their factory 2nd's and that they have had a tremendous cancellation in orders that have exceeded 12 to 18 months after purchase through the preorder sales campaign. Apparently the factory 2nd knives nothing is wrong with them. it's just their way of getting quick money so they can buy more steel and materials to finish their pre-order sales. So you ask... what's the problem with that? The preorder sales knives are supposed to ship first and there shouldn't be a huge delay. Survive knives is in over their head and they won't be in business much longer. They've had a lot of cancelled orders and had to issue a bunch of refunds. Anybody reading this post you should email or call survive knives cancel your order and ask for an immediate refund. Survive knives makes a great knife butt their business practices are deceptive and misleading. That alone completely disqualifies them as owning and operating a respectable business in this country. The number one reason why I would cancel my order with this company... if you have any issues with the knives once you actually get them in your hands they won't be in business to take care of those knives for you in the future. End of rant:

Last edited:
Someone that does business with survive knives (I won't disclose their name) has informed other businesses in the knife industry that survive knives is lying about their factory 2nd's. Apparently the factory 2nd knives nothing is wrong with them. it's just their way of getting quick money so they can buy more steel and materials to finish their pre-order sales. So you ask... what's the problem with that? The preorder sales knives are supposed to ship first and there shouldn't be a huge delay. Survive knives is in over their head and they won't be in business much longer. They've had a lot of cancelled orders and had to issue a bunch of refunds. Anybody reading this post you should email or call survive knives cancel your order and ask for an immediate refund. Survive knives makes a great knife butt their business practices are deceptive and misleading. That alone completely disqualifies them as owning and operating a respectable business in this country. End of rant:

Of course you won't name names. Because you don't have one. If you have a legitimate complaint to make, speak it clearly. Cite your sources. If not, please go outside and play a nice game of hide and go flounce yourself.

I thought for a moment, oh my , this guy might be a douche. Then I looked up your post history. Get lost troll. You have no place here.

Someone that does business with survive knives (I won't disclose their name) has informed other businesses in the knife industry that survive knives is lying about their factory 2nd's and that they have had a tremendous cancellation in orders that have exceeded 12 to 18 months after purchase through the preorder sales campaign. Apparently the factory 2nd knives nothing is wrong with them. it's just their way of getting quick money so they can buy more steel and materials to finish their pre-order sales. So you ask... what's the problem with that? The preorder sales knives are supposed to ship first and there shouldn't be a huge delay. Survive knives is in over their head and they won't be in business much longer. They've had a lot of cancelled orders and had to issue a bunch of refunds. Anybody reading this post you should email or call survive knives cancel your order and ask for an immediate refund. Survive knives makes a great knife butt their business practices are deceptive and misleading. That alone completely disqualifies them as owning and operating a respectable business in this country. The number one reason why I would cancel my order with this company... if you have any issues with the knives once you actually get them in your hands they won't be in business to take care of those knives for you in the future. End of rant:
Talking out his ass, lying, disruptive. Contributing to toxic stuff in the S!K forum. I hope I handled it but you guys are the boss.

Talking out his ass, lying, disruptive. Contributing to toxic stuff in the S!K forum. I hope I handled it but you guys are the boss.

That's a funny forum glitch, that was my report. I'll stand by it though.

I sent it as a report to avoid drama though. Bummer.

I kind of wish I didn't even make this post in this thread because of lot of you here like to stir up drama and actually contact knife manufacturers and Custom Knife makers. I've been extremely frustrated with this company over the past six months and have had contact with a lot of people that are either customers survive knives or do business with them. This has been a terrible buying experience and I'm sickened by all of this because I was a huge fan for this company.

Peter that does the heat treating for survive and many other custom knife makers... he's the snitch.
Peter, the Peter's guy. You're saying that Peter's Hear Treat, arguably the best in the business. Ratted out one one the three guys that helped develop a new fantastic new heat treat for CPM-3V. Pardon me if I think you are absolutely full of shit. Full... of....shit.

Fess up or shut up. This is way beyond the usual complaints about the company.

Peter, the Peter's guy. You're saying that Peter's Hear Treat, arguably the best in the business. Ratted out one one the three guys that helped develop a new fantastic new heat treat for CPM-3V. Pardon me if I think you are absolutely full of shit. Full... of....shit.

I know a Custom Knife maker the does very well for himself that uses Peter to heat treat because he specializes in Bushcraft blades. He's using 3v M4 m390 and s35vn. This guy is a very good Custom Knife maker he and two other of his colleagues have said that survive knives will not be in business in the next 6 months to a year. I'm not going to sit there and call these people out so you jackasses can go reach out and stir up drama. why would somebody want to make up this crap? I wish like hell survive knives can turn things around I waited almost two years for my knives and finally got sick of it and canceled my order.

I kind of wish I didn't even make this post in this thread because of lot of you here like to stir up drama and actually contact knife manufacturers and Custom Knife makers. I've been extremely frustrated with this company over the past six months and have had contact with a lot of people that are either customers survive knives or do business with them. This has been a terrible buying experience and I'm sickened by all of this because I was a huge fan for this company.

I kind of wish you wouldn't either. Actually contacting makers and manufacturers is a bad thing? Rewind that, think about it again. Is it better to just trash talk without bothering to talk to them? There are legitimate concerns with Survive!'s business practices. You have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back