Cooking

Me too! Those tacos looks awesome - and Bobby's soup looks yummy too!

Now I will have to try the Fogbuster Chili mix!

best

mqqn

Crock pot beef stew, with smoked black pepper and smoked sea salt.

001_zps12ee7ecc.jpg

That sounds really good right now.

37791_257416841028060_1930984027_n.jpg

Bobby's Mexican Soup

Yum! This soup was very flavorful, and if you like hot stuff, you could easily add cayenne or hot pepper sauce.

These are the ingredients:

Hamburger
Onion
Tomatoes, fresh and canned
Garlic
Red bell pepper
Carrots
Corn
Hominy (white)
Pinto beans
Kidney beans
Black beans
Drift Creek Gourmet "Fogbuster Chili Mix"
Cumin
Green chilies, canned
Cilantro
Tortillas, on the side

do you have the amount of ingredients? when I don't have a base amount I always end up over the top lol

I talked with Bobby and she reported to me the approximate measurements for her homemade Mexican Soup:
1 lb hamburger, browned,
1 medium onion, chopped, cooked with the hamburger
Add:
1 can tomatoes (not the large, but the 1 lb approx size)
1 or 2 fresh tomatoes, if you have them (optional)
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 small carrots, sliced
corn from 1 ear of fresh corn
1 lb can of each:
Hominy (white)
Pinto Beans
Black Beans
Kidney beans
all NOT drained
2 Tablespoons Fogbuster Chili Mix
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1 small can chopped green chilies (not drained)
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add:
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste at the table
tortillas on the side (pictured are "Golden Blend" tortillas (flour/corn blend) heated in microwave until soft and warm

If you want this soup a little spicier, add Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper to taste

This was great soup, and reheated the next day was just as good. Very flavorful!
Thank you chef Bobby!!

002.jpg

Grilled Salmon rubbed with Mountain Mix and olive oil
Lemon Cucumbers dipped in buttermilk, seasoned with Alsea Riviera Mix, Panko breadcrumbs, then fried in olive oil with 2 tablespoons on bacon grease
Bay shrimp dusted with tapioca flour and plenty of Landlubber Mix, then deep fried
Not pictured: A fantastic dipping sauce for the shrimp made with mayonnaise, buttermilk, and Pacific Crest smoked paprika

My neighbors and I shared this last night. They made macaroni and cheese and a big tossed salad. We were in seventh heaven!!

Mmmmm, I need to get home for dinner.

That looks and sounds outstanding! I am starting to order my xmas presents - I'll be giving some of the awesome smoked salt and peppers I have been enjoying to my friends so they can enjoy it too!

I think I see a GW lurking around that plate....

best

mqqn

That looks and sounds outstanding! I am starting to order my xmas presents - I'll be giving some of the awesome smoked salt and peppers I have been enjoying to my friends so they can enjoy it too!

I think I see a GW lurking around that plate....

best

mqqn

Good eye Mr Mqqn, 'tis the only left handed version out there.:D

Mykel that looks like a heck of a meal. I am seriously jello-s!

Dang, is it a GW, I was hoping it was a cutlass, I like to pretend the meals are all much larger then they are, I guess maybe I'm hoping for leftovers :)

Dang, is it a GW, I was hoping it was a cutlass, I like to pretend the meals are all much larger then they are, I guess maybe I'm hoping for leftovers :)

You and I have a lot in common.:thumbup:
By the way, those lemon cucumbers are new to me. I'm not the biggest veggie eater but those things are really good. If you haven't tried them you really need to.

I sure will, thanks mack, I'm trying grunts pulley pork tonight so maybe I'll make that next on the list, getting hungry just being in this thread :p

Tonights dinner.

005-27.jpg

008-11.jpg

Creole Chicken Soup

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
2 medium stalks celery, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 carton (32 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 dried bay leaves
1 In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is softened.
2 Stir in flour. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until flour is light brown.
3 Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove bay leaves.

Wow!
John and Connie are eating good tonight.:thumbup:

Wow!
John and Connie are eating good tonight.:thumbup:

The nice part is it was made in a crockpot, so while we were at Hayley`s game for three hours, it was cooking. Add some warm French bread and butter on the side, and darn that`s good! I like to dip the bread in the soup.

Looks great! Good to see the Boss using the Kitchen Knife she designed.

When I was single and living alone, working third shift, I learned to cook out of my croc pot - it was great putting on a roast or stew beef and go to sleep, and then wake up to a house that smelled like roast or soup or whatever I was cooking.

I still have that original croc pot that I used 30 years back and it still works just fine.

best

mqqn

Back