Corona thread. No politics please

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good friend of mine passed away earlier this year of pneumonia like symptoms at 39.
The coroner finally had time to test his donated skin and eyes only to find out he was Covid positive.

He died January 7th.

Sorry to hear this!
We have about 60,000 more deaths than normal (on top of our official covid toll) here that are likely to be covid cases that just didn't get identified in time.

A good friend of mine passed away earlier this year of pneumonia like symptoms at 39.
The coroner finally had time to test his donated skin and eyes only to find out he was Covid positive.

He died January 7th.
that's fucking terrible. In so many ways. I feel for you and understand. You have my condolences.

my mom's in the hospital with pneumonia right now. No sign of coronavirus, but one lung is entirely blocked- looks like we got her there in the nick of time and she's on the road to recovery. She had eye surgery about a month ago and we figure it may have had something to do with that. Fortunately, my brother works at the coronavirus dedicated hospital where mom's at, (they didn't know if she had it or not and put her in there just in case) blocks away from where he lives, so he's able to see her every day and deliver goodies, etc. She really takes good care of herself and has a good attitude, but if not I have no doubt she'd be gone. We're super lucky, but even as it stands I'm feeling like a bit of a basket case these days, between all that and trying to revive my business, which seems increasingly banal. I enjoy challenges, but seriously- enough already

that's fucking terrible. In so many ways. I feel for you and understand. You have my condolences.

my mom's in the hospital with pneumonia right now. No sign of coronavirus, but one lung is entirely blocked- looks like we got her there in the nick of time and she's on the road to recovery. She had eye surgery about a month ago and we figure it may have had something to do with that. Fortunately, my brother works at the coronavirus dedicated hospital where mom's at, (they didn't know if she had it or not and put her in there just in case) blocks away from where he lives, so he's able to see her every day and deliver goodies, etc. She really takes good care of herself and has a good attitude, but if not I have no doubt she'd be gone. We're super lucky, but even as it stands I'm feeling like a bit of a basket case these days, between all that and trying to revive my business, which seems increasingly banal. I enjoy challenges, but seriously- enough already

Ah man that's terrible too. I hope she's ok.

Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

He died January 7th.
My sincerest condolences. January 7th is quite a bit earlier than most US timelines would suggest.

Which part of the country? And did he travel or have contact with international travelers?

That video by Erin Marie Olszewski who is purported to be a nurse-turned-investigative journalist has already been propagated in the PA section. Now I don't know Ms. Olszewki but a very quick search on this woman turns out that she's reportedly a staunch anti-vaxxer. In my book, when I see a the words anti-vaxxer in the same breath as a nurse, I toss out all the good that such person may have had done in her past as a "nurse".

Any one can make a jazzy, snazzy and slick video and put a bunch of unedited material on social media outlets such as YT. I live during these times so I must accept the free-speech privileges afforded to such people even if I personally may feel like smashing everything to pieces in their 10 feet personal space radius! Anyway, another quick search on this woman's investigative journalism and I came up with this counter video which refutes her methods.

If we decide watch over an hour of that video, I think it is fair that we also consider watching about 4 minutes of this guy:

Sorry to hear this!
We have about 60,000 more deaths than normal (on top of our official covid toll) here that are likely to be covid cases that just didn't get identified in time.
It’s horrifying to think what these people went through, not to mention their families and healthcare workers.

I appreciate it, bud.
All of the memories keep flooding in of all the great times I was lucky enough to have with him, so it’s been a bit tough.

I’m really glad to hear that you got her to the hospital in time and that your brother is able to see her.
That has to be a great moral boost for her and it’s also nice to have an inside man that’ll keep you updated.

She’ll be in my thoughts.
My sincerest condolences. January 7th is quite a bit earlier than most US timelines would suggest.

Which part of the country? And did he travel or have contact with international travelers?
He passed away in Orange County CA, but he actually lived and worked in Aspen.
He came out here to be with family for Christmas, but ended up staying at a friends house where he passed away.
As far as I know, no one knew he was sick so I’m assuming it hit him quick.

As far as contact goes, he wasn’t a traveler, but living in a tourist town is most likely the culprit.

He passed away in Orange County CA, but he actually lived and worked in Aspen.
He came out here to be with family for Christmas, but ended up staying at a friends house where he passed away.
As far as I know, no one knew he was sick so I’m assuming it hit him quick.

As far as contact goes, he wasn’t a traveler, but living in a tourist town is most likely the culprit.
I'm wondering where he caught it. If I had to guess, it could have been the flight, if he flew to CA.

Based on average timelines for Covid-19, he potentially contracted this anywhere from a week to 3 weeks before he passed.

He died January 7th.
I am sorry for your loss. It is a truly devastating disease, and it amazes me that some people still do not take it seriously.

Here is an article about a virologist who was wearing a mask and gloves, and believes he caught it through his eyes on a flight:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-believes-he-got-it-through-his-eyes-n1206956

I'm wondering where he caught it. If I had to guess, it could have been the flight, if he flew to CA.

Based on average timelines for Covid-19, he potentially contracted this anywhere from a week to 3 weeks before he passed.
There was a bit of chatter about a ski team from another country being in Aspen, but that’s all hearsay at this point.

I am sorry for your loss. It is a truly devastating disease, and it amazes me that some people still do not take it seriously.

Here is an article about a virologist who was wearing a mask and gloves, and believes he caught it through his eyes on a flight:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-believes-he-got-it-through-his-eyes-n1206956
It’s sickening to see how many people don’t care anymore.
I have a decent immune system as far as I know, but you won’t catch me without a mask if I’m near people.

Bryan,
Very sad and terrible news on the loss of your friend, truly sorry.
Smoke and prayers for those in need.
Respect
I appreciate it, bud.

^ yes my friend, lots of people have already stopped caring about themselves and others when if comes to simply wearing a friggin mask/cover. Even a serious health issue has now become a political football therefore the majority of our two tribes going bonkers over the ever changing anti-COVID recommendations by our health expert.

I dunno if you heard or not, but in OC California both the health commissioner and her deputy resigned on Monday after protests both at their place of work and at their homes in addition to threats against their lives, for issuing strict countywide face cover orders as places of business are opening back up. In one snippet which I heard on the radio on this story, some batshit crazy woman demonstrator was screaming that this order was nothing less than what had happened to George Floyd!!! because having to wear a mask was impeding her breathing ability as god had designed us for, i.e, breathing in oxygen and breathing out CO2 ergo breathing back in the CO2 = suffocation :rolleyes: I know that creating through a mask can be difficult for certain people due to some health issues but really? That comparison? SMDH.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06/08/nichole-quick-resigns-orange-county-coronavirus/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back