couple of jungle photos

Jungle Trip Pics-Knife and machete use!

Thanks all the knife and sheath makers for all the cool gear, there was lots of it and it was all used. Here are a few knife shots to add to Jeffs thread of the work done with them over our last trip to the Jungle.

Kitchen use and random knife shots.
JK Knives Hiker
IMG_0682.jpg

Lemonade making
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Blind Horse was used for many tasks from fire prep to caiman cutting.
IMG_3356.jpg

Papas Fritas
IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

Landi Knives
IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, great pics guys. Mike did you find that Anaconda, or is a pet:eek::D

Nice Boa also:thumbup:

I need more pics guys, keep em coming:thumbup:

Cutting up caiman tail
IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

Blade-Tech Folder
IMG_3953.jpg

Kydex Machete Sheath
You can see why I like a sheath for the machete when traveling on buses and boats I can keep my machete with me and the rest of the gear without harming any people or packs.
IMG_0917.jpg

Izula holder
IMG_0844.jpg

My machete and sheath got lots of TV time when the cameras were rolling as Aguilar wore it on his belt and used it for the training.
IMG_0715.jpg

Leather Sheath for RC-3-I heard from Derrick there should be an updated version of this for the RC-3 and RC-4 soon. Good leather and generously sized belt loop. Very weather resistant.
IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it was, it still is!
Lots of pictures, not just of knives. I leave in the morning so I will try to get most of the blade pictures up.

Last edited:
RAT Cutlery-Lots of new stuff to play with and try out. True work knives for jungle living.
Izula
IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0874-2.jpg

RC-3 Limited edition Caterpillar and orange
IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

Last edited:
great pics guys. cant wait to get my hands on an Izula (the knife, not that car crushing ant.)

To everyone great photo's. i love it, great see the knives at work. keep posting and I will keep enjoying it,:thumbup: Pat

great pics guys. cant wait to get my hands on an Izula (the knife, not that car crushing ant.)

It's serious business really! One of the days we went out to drop off the Dutch for their night in the jungle and we were camping down the river, I took only a machete and the Izula tucked into the machete sheath. I didn't need anything more for the jungle!

Last edited:
Machetes

You can see Jeff working around the tree stump.
IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Finishing off with a blow from the spine to knock it off. This was some really hard wood!
IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

Last edited:
hey ruben! Glad you made it back safe bro! Ive been to some gnarly places, but you make it look easy man! Love the pics so far... I cant wait to see more. Those jks look like they served you well. how did the leather hold up for ya? I spent the weekend at my family reunion so I havent been on here much, but this was a treat to see when I came home. Good stuff bro!

I used to train Muay Thai fighters and after a few years I noticed how hard it was to explain to someone how the Thai's kick. You have to see it to understand the motion. Here are some helpful machete videos!

Even with a smaller machete they choke up for control.

Notice how relaxed his grip is, this is a common way of using a machete. The light weight machete is very easy to control holding it on top.

If you want to kick Thai, you must get kicked by one, if you want to play reggae,go to the caribbean and see how they do it. Jungle living skills are the same!

Last edited:
Those are some awesome pics guys. Its great to see those knives used like that.

I am curious though. What is that you like so much about the bladetech folder. I have not given them much thought in the past and would like to know what sets it above the competition for your use. Also, what type of lock does that folder have on it?

Thanks

Steve

Back