1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by nyefmaker, May 31, 2018.

1. Wavicle

Wavicle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2014
    OK. (I said in an office work area-- big difference. People who work in those areas know what I'm talking about)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
  3. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    For sure it’s most legal here...

[​IMG]

4. bvo85

bvo85 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Fascinating! So it's illegal to have a knife with too aggressive of a grip surface in some places? How would the courts even quantify that?

5. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE Gold Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Yeah even in California there are no blade length laws and I feel fortunate to be able to carry either a Spyderco Military or a lion steel slipjoint.

6. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Hmmm interesting how it's exactly 3" all of a sudden when it was clearly 3.123" before. I'm actually kind of disappointed because every little bit that makes it closer to a medium sized sebenza the better.

I hope it was always that way and they haven't cut the blade down or gotten creative with what they are calling the specs.

Carter Hall likes this.
  7. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
  8. peterbright

peterbright Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Just when I had reduced my CRK's to almost 100, now I need one of these and a... and a...etc.

bvo85 likes this.
  9. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    UG_Impinda-Balcony1.jpg

Chariotz4 and J D Wijbenga like this.
  10. PiterM

Mar 27, 2000
    That shape...

[​IMG]

11. Wavicle

Jul 22, 2014
  12. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    I agree with people here that question whether a normal, clear-thinking police officer would arrest an individual and send you through the court system for .123”. If you live in a place like that, you gotta look at electing some new municipal officials as they are wasting your tax money prosecuting trivialities.

Where I live, in Western Canada, there is no restrictions on blade length. You can walk down the street with a two-handed sword, you are simply not allowed to threaten anyone with it.

13. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    Yes.

14. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    The reality on the ground here in Kommifornia is that no matter how often I vote that way, I always get outvoted. I am stuck with laws that are passed by people who think nothing of trampling on civil rights.

bonzodog likes this.
  15. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE Gold Member

Sep 17, 2006

The guy loves the design of the knife but is disappointed by the fit and finish. I like the video for showing a lot of close ups.

16. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    I feel like the nail nick looks skewed on most pics I've seen. They should do something asymmetrical like on the Mnandi.

17. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Every question he poses is valid. Bottom line, the price doesn't make sense.

HST likes this.
  18. Wavicle

Jul 22, 2014
    Has anyone else seen this or linked it here in the CRK forum? Lots of information straight from Tim at Blade:

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  19. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    I think Tim posted that during Blade, nice little video. Not sure I'd be able to find it now, after the crazy amount of traffic we had that weekend.

20. PiterM

Mar 27, 2000
    Tried it today as an emergence fire tool... feather sticks are not a big problem as you can imagine, but also it works surprisingly well on ferrocerium rod. Not as good as spine on Victorinox Farmer saw (also slipjoint) but can be used for fire starting if needed. That swedge is surely sharp enough for that.

[​IMG]

HST, J D Wijbenga and squareFaced like this.