CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

Sorry if this question is posted elsewhere. I looked and can't find it. Anybody know if CRK plans to routinely offer damasteel for this knife and others in their line-up, or is the use of damasteel just for Bladeshow display knives?

Sorry if this question is posted elsewhere. I looked and can't find it. Anybody know if CRK plans to routinely offer damasteel for this knife and others in their line-up, or is the use of damasteel just for Bladeshow display knives?

Unsure, but a familiar someone on BF stated (and had photos) that Tim was trying out a large Damasteel inkosi.

What I heard (which is only from people who heard from someone else) is that Damasteel will be offered in the future, though for now it's just the Bladeshow specials. I also heard that even if the do offer Damasteel, the patterns we saw at the show probably won't be offered in the future. Take all that with a grain of salt.

The Terzuola ttf-4 came to mind when I first saw the pictures. Then again so did a ZT 0450 :(. I’ll still take one PJ and one dama wharncliffe.

Last edited:
I wonder if we're gonna see this

vMAkxaw.jpg

Interesting. I like its clean design...
I would like to see it with an insingo blade

Certainly CRK could care less about my opinion, LOL... but I doubt it will catch on.... that is a LOT of money for a slipjoint knife...

Now if CRK made another big knife like the Impofu, I would be all over it
You lost me here. You don't see the sense in them having a slip joint but a knife like the Impofu does makes sense?

Lots of countries have a ban locking knives. A reasonable argument is that CRK's management would be real bonified idiots of the first class order to not want to tap into the British market etc, or other places where slip-joints are a necessity for EDC.

A beautiful CRK slipjoint!? Simply the best management decision they've made in years. If it wasn't a private company, I'd buy shares. The problem on this forum, I guess, is simply the USA-centric viewpoint that some members might have while discussing a company that sell knives globally. Heck.....Spyderco even has an entire "UK" line-up of slip joint versions of their offerings.....and we all know Sal is no idiot.

agree - I think it was very well thought out.

The slip joint is back "in style" and they managed to come up with a innovative design (and patent pending I believe) while still feeling like a Chris Reeve knife.

As a lover of both CR knives and slipjoints, I find this knife intriguing. However, with my limited budget, I will forgo purchasing one for one simple reason, which has been mentioned by many: that extra 0.125" makes it a liability in some of the places I go. Go figure, I have a carry permit and can legally carry a pistol in those jurisdictions, but a 3.125" blade will get me in trouble. Who makes up these laws?

agree - I think it was very well thought out.

The slip joint is back "in style" and they managed to come up with a innovative design (and patent pending I believe) while still feeling like a Chris Reeve knife.

Slip joints were never out of style, CRK just didnt offer one until now. Along with a wharncliffe blade I’d like to see this with a steel that shows patina.

As a CRK and also a slipjoint fan I'm thinking about maybe picking one of these up. The only struggle I have is on the days when I drive wife's MB with leather seats I never have a clip on knife. That means I either have a slipjoint of just drop my small 21 Insingo in my pocket. The CRK slipjoint may not really have an advantage especially since in my area locking folders are not a big deal. Still interesting though!

Has anyone seen this apart?
I’m curious about the lack of a washer of some sort. Does the blade simply pivot against the scale?

Has anyone seen this apart?
I’m curious about the lack of a washer of some sort. Does the blade simply pivot against the scale?

Check out the vid posted earlier in this thread that shows the action. The one with the clear scale. It clearly show the washers.

Thank you, FourD.
I did look at that earlier and honestly couldn’t tell....at least on an iPhone anyway.

Good to know and thanks for the clarification.

I’m liking this one more and more.....

Back