1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by nyefmaker, May 31, 2018.

1. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Thanks for the correction.

2. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Sorry if this question is posted elsewhere. I looked and can't find it. Anybody know if CRK plans to routinely offer damasteel for this knife and others in their line-up, or is the use of damasteel just for Bladeshow display knives?

3. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Unsure, but a familiar someone on BF stated (and had photos) that Tim was trying out a large Damasteel inkosi.

cbr1000 likes this.
  4. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    What I heard (which is only from people who heard from someone else) is that Damasteel will be offered in the future, though for now it's just the Bladeshow specials. I also heard that even if the do offer Damasteel, the patterns we saw at the show probably won't be offered in the future. Take all that with a grain of salt.

cbr1000 and bhyde like this.
  5. loon#r

Mar 10, 2008
    The Terzuola ttf-4 came to mind when I first saw the pictures. Then again so did a ZT 0450 :(. I’ll still take one PJ and one dama wharncliffe.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  6. makak

makak

Sep 15, 2015
    I wonder if we're gonna see this

[​IMG]

untytled likes this.
  7. FourD

FourD Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Not likely. Look at how the backspacer curves. It isn't built to take an insingo blade. Sadly.

8. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Interesting. I like its clean design...
    I would like to see it with an insingo blade

9. NCHunter78

NCHunter78

Feb 14, 2016
    You lost me here. You don't see the sense in them having a slip joint but a knife like the Impofu does makes sense?

10. NCHunter78

NCHunter78

Feb 14, 2016
    agree - I think it was very well thought out.

The slip joint is back "in style" and they managed to come up with a innovative design (and patent pending I believe) while still feeling like a Chris Reeve knife.

kidcongo likes this.
  11. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    As a lover of both CR knives and slipjoints, I find this knife intriguing. However, with my limited budget, I will forgo purchasing one for one simple reason, which has been mentioned by many: that extra 0.125" makes it a liability in some of the places I go. Go figure, I have a carry permit and can legally carry a pistol in those jurisdictions, but a 3.125" blade will get me in trouble. Who makes up these laws?

bonzodog and bvo85 like this.
  12. loon#r

Mar 10, 2008
    Slip joints were never out of style, CRK just didnt offer one until now. Along with a wharncliffe blade I’d like to see this with a steel that shows patina.

bhyde likes this.
  13. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    So I'm finally back home... with Impinda in my pocket, yeah! It's an awesome knife!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  14. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    As a CRK and also a slipjoint fan I'm thinking about maybe picking one of these up. The only struggle I have is on the days when I drive wife's MB with leather seats I never have a clip on knife. That means I either have a slipjoint of just drop my small 21 Insingo in my pocket. The CRK slipjoint may not really have an advantage especially since in my area locking folders are not a big deal. Still interesting though!

15. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    OK, finally found some time for couple of first photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Redwood25

Redwood25 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Lol.. Your "line of work" demands that you stay off FB?

17. peppercorn

peppercorn Regular Dude Gold Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Has anyone seen this apart?
    I’m curious about the lack of a washer of some sort. Does the blade simply pivot against the scale?

18. FourD

FourD Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Check out the vid posted earlier in this thread that shows the action. The one with the clear scale. It clearly show the washers.

19. peppercorn

peppercorn Regular Dude Gold Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Thank you, FourD.
    I did look at that earlier and honestly couldn’t tell....at least on an iPhone anyway.

Good to know and thanks for the clarification.

I’m liking this one more and more.....

20. ice_man

ice_man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 16, 2014
    I would love to see one with a Natural CrossCut Micarta! Any traditionals with Micarta is my weakness... :)