CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

Beautiful, but I do love slipjoints with choil or simili choil to secure the blade. A blade stuck in hard material (wood for example) is so prompt to close on your index finger with no warning.

I like that 50/50 choil on slipjoints or a thumb tab like on the higonokami. I like the extra safety they provide.

For the record, the one I want is the clear one from the vid. I wonder what lucky person will end up with that in their collection?

Released at Blade Show 2018!

Info via crk https://www.chrisreeve.com/impinda.html
Info via knifenews http://knifenews.com/chris-reeve-knives-releases-first-ever-slipjoint/

jMiGS0r.jpg

Why so much hate....? I really like it. I look at is as the Sebenza Of Slipjoints and that’s truely a compliment. News flash, most slip joints open with Two hands, that’s how it was designed. It has the best materials available and with CRK tight tolerances, what’s not to like about it....? It’s not a Sebenza and was not meant to be. It was designed as a high end slip joint and it has succeeded from what I gather as it just won American Made Knife Of The Year. I haven’t bought a CRK in awhile, but can’t wait to get mine...! I like that it’s bigger. I don’t want a little dinky slip joint.....I remember asking Chris about one years ago and he said at the time that it wouldn’t happen. It’s nice to see that Bill Harsey and Tim Reeve helped to make it happen for us. There are MANY slip joint fans and I believe it will sell very well. I hope to see inlays and graphics on them in the future. Enjoy it and be Thankful...!

I like it more and more everytime I see it! A CRK take on a slipjoint, what’s not to love!!??

The more folks post about this, the more I'm softening up to it. I kind of want one despite the cost. -__-
Let's add in a small Damasteel Inkosi and I'm all set!

I’m personally not into it...

Standing by for the SMALL impinda that I’m betting isn’t far away.

I really like the design but don't understand the pricing. $450 is in Manandi territory. You can't tell me this slipjoint costs as much to manufacturer as a Manandi.

I too am a bit concerned about pricing. For $500 to $600 I can add a Small Regular Sebenza to my collection. So when I look at the impinda, I think "do I want this, or for an extra 50 or so bucks I can have another small regular?"

Too costly and too big. $300 and 6.5" - 6.75" oal and I'd have one.

I wonder if they're are debuting with a 3+ in blade because machining a smaller model is more challenging since the tolerances get exponentially harder to machine the smaller the knife is. And depending on demand for this one, they'll release a smaller version in the future. I just hope that they don't take weak demand for this model to mean that they shouldn't make the smaller one in the future, because I suspect a 2.75" version would sell gangbusters, especially if they could get it down to $400 or less.

I really like the design but don't understand the pricing. $450 is in Manandi territory. You can't tell me this slipjoint costs as much to manufacturer as a Manandi.

They both have machined clips, scales, washers..The difference would be the inlays and the pockets on the Mnandi. Given that the backspring on the Impinda is exponentially harder to create and I believe is differentially heat treated,..I think it's pretty close to a wash.

Just some perspective that should be considered on the prices.

They both have machined clips, scales, washers..The difference would be the inlays and the pockets on the Mnandi. Given that the backspring on the Impinda is exponentially harder to create and I believe is differentially heat treated,..I think it's pretty close to a wash.

Just some perspective that should be considered on the prices.

The Manandi has way more detailing then this new slipjoint appears to have. Beyond the inlays. Like the logo on the pocket clip. Detailing takes time and those man-hours cost money. I'm just finding it hard to justify them charging as much for this knife as one that takes a lot more work to put together.

Back