CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

I like slip joints they’re nice and non-offensive but I don’t like the dead stuff they put on them whether it be animal or tree, I just don’t want my brand new knife to look like something made 150 years ago. This and the KSF exclusives are what I’m looking for in a slippie.

There doing what they’ve always done. They innovate and create really good original products!

poor judgement on part of the management to put out an inferior knife design... why not put effort into a better knife design???

pics and a demo vid here with the acrylic scale

Thanks to bhyde for posting the pic and video.

As a Harsey design and CRK make, no doubt it will be the best slipjoint available.

But wow is this a disappointment in my view. With no real new folding knife designs in years, beyond iterative changes to old designs, and after discontinuing the truly innovative Ti-Lock, CRK has released a knife that is less convenient to use (because it requires two hands to open) and less safe (because it can’t lock). I’m sort of surprised to see this as a brand-new 2018 design from the company that, decades ago, pioneered the Reeve integral lock.

My guess is that slipjoint fans will and should rejoice, but I wonder how many of the rest of us will be left scratching our heads. Even with a new, patented slipjoint mechanism, this isn’t the innovation I was hoping to see. CRK has always been, and remains, at the forefront of knife quality. But what of knife design?

I hope this doesn’t read like a rant. If I were a slipjoint fan, I’d have two of these on order. But given the dozen or so CRKs I already have on hand, there is no longer anything in the current lineup that I’m interested in buying. Other CRK devotees will, of course, disagree. For my part, I hope this new knife is a tremendous success — to encourage CRK to continue to release new designs.

poor judgement on part of the management to put out an inferior knife design... why not put effort into a better knife design???
Really not following you on this statement
What do you find to be inferior and have you seen the knife in person. I see nothing that is inferior(off hand). It may not be what you want or are looking for, but that doesn't make it inferior. I am not sure if I want to buy or not, but I sure would like to handle one and I am glad it will make it off the drawing board and into production where each of us can judge it on it's merits (or faults).

Who's the judge of "inferior"? You seem to be in the minority in this particular thread on that account.

bhyde, I will gladly stand with the minority on this thread... I see it as an inferior folder design... I see no advantage to a slipjoint knife especially when compared to a sebenza....

Whats more, A large blade with a slipjoint design !!!... Seems like an accident waiting to happen, even though I understand that the safety is between the users ears.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjfw7SehpSI/?tagged=chrisreeveknives

bhyde, I will gladly stand with the minority on this thread... I see it as an inferior folder design... I see no advantage to a slipjoint knife especially when compared to a sebenza....

Whats more, A large blade with a slipjoint design !!!... Seems like an accident waiting to happen, even though I understand that the safety is between the users ears.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjfw7SehpSI/?tagged=chrisreeveknives

Utility is up to the user to determine. Not everyone will want this slipjoint just like not everyone likes an Umnumzaan, Inkosi or for that matter, a Sebenza.
I'm not a fan of the Mnandi either..you could say that I find it worthless for my uses..Should they cancel it because I find it to be less of a knife than any of there other offerings? Probably not because they are able to sell them.
Perhaps it's just a polarizing knife that you either like or you hate? Either way, it doesn't matter..They will continue to make them as long as the economics makes sense regardless of our personal feelings on the matter.
I'm sure that they have other designs in the works that have nothing to do with slipjoints..and to be honest,..I'm not sure if I will have one of these quite yet..Really need to think on it. I own a number of slipjoints and tend to gravitate towards the larger variants from GEC, Northwoods..etc. Small knives do nothing for me unless they fill a niche in my collection and are not users per se.

Certainly CRK could care less about my opinion, LOL... but I doubt it will catch on.... that is a LOT of money for a slipjoint knife...

Now if CRK made another big knife like the Impofu, I would be all over it

Given that I’m rekindling a love for slip joints, and knowing the quality of a CRK, this one for me is a winner. I’ll have to wait until the end of the year before I can have one. Currently, I’ve got a couple of custom slip joints and from the looks of this one, it will be comparable.

Has CRK ever produced a slip joint ??

Certainly CRK could care less about my opinion, LOL... but I doubt it will catch on.... that is a LOT of money for a slipjoint knife...

Have you priced quality slip joints lately ?

If the Umfaan came back I’d have 10 of them in my collection inside of two years.

Maybe we’ll see a smaller Impinda before year’s end. Even if the current Impinda will likely pass for a 3 inch or under blade size, it’s too much overall knife for corporate business EDC. For now Mnandi fills that application perfectly.

I honestly could understand CRK making a slipjoint the size of a mnandi ... I don't think a lot of thought went into this build

I've got a slippie this size. S35VN blade and Ti frame as well. I like it a lot, so I can certainly understand the dimensions of the Impinda. The price of the Impinda, however, I can't begin to fathom. More expensive than a Sebbie or an Inkosi? Why?

Yeah idk about that. I would not be interested in anything like an Impofu. A sleek and smooth slipjoint however I will definitely buy.

There has obviously been a lot of thought out into the development of this knife as it uses a mechanism that I haven’t seen before.

That just doesn’t happen over night.

Lots of countries have a ban locking knives. A reasonable argument is that CRK's management would be real bonified idiots of the first class order to not want to tap into the British market etc, or other places where slip-joints are a necessity for EDC.

A beautiful CRK slipjoint!? Simply the best management decision they've made in years. If it wasn't a private company, I'd buy shares. The problem on this forum, I guess, is simply the USA-centric viewpoint that some members might have while discussing a company that sell knives globally. Heck.....Spyderco even has an entire "UK" line-up of slip joint versions of their offerings.....and we all know Sal is no idiot.

Back