CRKT just blew my freaking mind.

Comeuppance

Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary
I picked up a Mah Eraser for a song off of some rainforest site, as it was priced at ~55 - which is the most I am willing to pay for AUS8. I wasn't expecting much, but the price was good and so were the sparse reviews.

Then it came. My god. It's gorgeous. It flips out like an auto with no effort, and locks up PERFECTLY. I OWN customs that don't have action like this.

That's out of the box, too. Well done, CRKT. you managed to completely blow a jaded knife nut's mind.

P.S. - I have already ordered another. This is the first time I've ever felt the need to purchase a backup. Also, I did so within five minutes of opening the box.

I've handled them. Your right. I love the action and the size of the blade you get. The only thing that kept me was the blade steel, still just barely didn't buy one.

Might have to....

This is one of those knives that always catches my eye every time I browse the dealer sites. I love the design and always hear good things about it, but never end up pulling the trigger on it. I guess I should just go ahead and give it a try. If I can find a deal as good as you got I'll definitely give it a try.

PS: Let's see her. Post some pics!

This is one of those knives that always catches my eye every time I browse the dealer sites. I love the design and always hear good things about it, but never end up pulling the trigger on it. I guess I should just go ahead and give it a try. If I can find a deal as good as you got I'll definitely give it a try.

PS: Let's see her. Post some pics!

Same here - I've come SO CLOSE to buying it several times. The price was just never right for the blade steel (and that stupid LAWKS mechanism, which, turns out, isn't any kind of issue. I thought all LAWKS were autoLAWKS. I stand corrected.) until just now. I now have one and one on the way.

Pff. Pictures?

How about a video. Comin' up.

I agree, very nice knife, just a tad too small for a firm grip in my hands.

Are we talking about the same knife? It's just a hair smaller than an 0560.

Video, shot vertical squint-o-vision because I wasn't thinking about it and am not about to reshoot it:

WARNING: SINGULAR SWEARZ AT THE 1:50 MARK. Also, I misleadingly gestured early in the video. The EX-02 is NOT as good of a flipper, despite what my middle finger may have indicated. Don't be mislead: all of these flippers are stellar and can be opened easily with no wrist action. I am purposefully opening them poorly to show that it CAN be done with them - this video mainly shows the detent perfection that is the Mah Eraser.

[video=youtube;FFTzeZ-BD14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTzeZ-BD14[/video]

Lol. Someone get a pic using a full saber or hammer grip, and see if that pinky isn't pinched. :)

Lol. Someone get a pic using a full saber or hammer grip, and see if that pinky isn't pinched. :)

K.

Comfy.

Comfy.

Comfy.

Closeup of how not pinched my pinky is. Look at it. Not being pinched all the time.

For reference, I wear large and XL men's gloves. I would love to see a picture from Mr. Hulk Hands.

Little big for my baby hands , but a very nice knife nonetheless for the price. The ripple I had was one of the fastest flippers I've owned as well, and surprisingly enough, the steel in it seemed to hold and edge extremely well compared to some of my S30v blades.

Video.

Also, I need to trim down my collection, I've decided just now.

[video=youtube;AHPt1bZPpZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHPt1bZPpZA[/video]

I've never understood the disdain for CRKT. They make some really great and reliable knives. I own quite a few, and along side my Benchmades and Spydercos, they fit nicely. Are they as high end in the steel dept? No, but neither is their pricing. The Foresight is as great as most ZT knives, and nicer feeling in the hand. The M21 still remains one of my favorite go to knives. The Razels are great knives. And on and on and on. They have a unique variety of not black, black, or black knives, and they work great.
BTW, their customer service is as good as any out there.

I got a Mah Eraser for my birthday in the summer. I was not expecting it, in fact never heard of or seen it before. I quite like it. Fits in the hand nicely, opens as fast as my more $$$ knives.
Here is a pick comparing its size to one of my ZT's. Oh..out of the box its one of the sharpest knives ive gotten...the next sharpest was another CRKT the m16 14D, way to go CRKT

e1bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back