CRKT just blew my freaking mind.

Very impressive flipping action especially for fifty bucks.

Thanks for the vid!

I picked up a Mah Eraser for a song off of some rainforest site, as it was priced at ~55 - which is the most I am willing to pay for AUS8. I wasn't expecting much, but the price was good and so were the sparse reviews.

Then it came. My god. It's gorgeous. It flips out like an auto with no effort, and locks up PERFECTLY. I OWN customs that don't have action like this.

That's out of the box, too. Well done, CRKT. you managed to completely blow a jaded knife nut's mind.
Damn you! I had just convinced myself to delete this one off of my "to get" list.

I don't have many CRKT knives because so many of them only have tip-down only pocket clips.

I like the Eraser and the Sampa though.

One new for 2014 CRKT knife is called the Fossil.

It is in two sizes, with the larger model having a 3.9-inch blade that is satin-finished.

The handle is a stainless steel frame with multi-layered brown and black G10 and the IKBS ball-bearing pivot system.

I don't have a picture available, look for that later this week as the SHOT Show opens.

This information came from the December 2013 issue of Shooting Industry magazine (again, no picture, just some specs).

Thanks to the OP, I ordered myself a Mah Eraser and love it! This is my first flipper so I really don't have a benchmark to measure against this knife but she feels solid, very ergonomic, love the flip and she's sharp as the dickens.

CRKT flippers have always been awesome for me. I have several M16 models and their action is flawless. Everything from thr detent to the nice early lock up is amazing.

K.

Comfy.

Comfy.

Comfy.

Closeup of how not pinched my pinky is. Look at it. Not being pinched all the time.

For reference, I wear large and XL men's gloves. I would love to see a picture from Mr. Hulk Hands.
Just got one from my mailbox and while I like the knife and would prefer to keep it, I wish I would have such small hands. Its a pain in the butt to find gloves even working gloves at Home Despot... I have XXL (11) size and the corner at the butt end pokes right into the middle of my pinky. :( I might also just put 3 fingers in the groove and rest my pinky on the slope at the end. Lets see if I can get used to it and if not its Dremel time or back to the rain forrest. Maybe even a gift for one of my smaller friends $47 +shipping wouldn't be a huuuuge loss and if a friend is able to appreciate this awesome knife then :thumbup:

Just got one from my mailbox and while I like the knife and would prefer to keep it, I wish I would have such small hands. Its a pain in the butt to find gloves even working gloves at Home Despot... I have XXL (11) size and the corner at the butt end pokes right into the middle of my pinky. :( I might also just put 3 fingers in the groove and rest my pinky on the slope at the end. Lets see if I can get used to it and if not its Dremel time or back to the rain forrest. Maybe even a gift for one of my smaller friends $47 +shipping wouldn't be a huuuuge loss and if a friend is able to appreciate this awesome knife then :thumbup:

This may sound weird but...

Can you post a picture of you holding the knife?

How F-ing large are your F-ing hands?!?!?

Pretty much my thoughts. That knife looks to have a handle bigger than my ZT 550 which is large on me. I don't think his grip lends him to hanging his fingers touching, or he literally does have Hulk hands.

I was eying the Mah Eraser... Glad I didn't get one now. Too friggin' big for me.

In my home country lots of guys my age have my hand size. At least that's what I saw with my army buddies.
As you can see the handle would be long enough if they wouldn't have wasted real estate at the bottom with this corner which digs into my pinky...

You know, Cold Steel makes knives big enough to fit those hands. Sure, they can be considered folding swords, but when your hand appears to be the size of a dinner plate...

Now take a picture holding a Mini Grip or Dragonfly!

Have lots of folders which work. Either with long handles like Spydy endura or BM Adamas or with handles which disappear in my hand but are still comfy like a Native 5.
The Eraser with this corner however = Dremel food.

Should I remove scales from the frame or Dremel them both together in one step?

My worst knife was a Karambit with a warning to only buy it for large hands. Large my behind. Almost didn't get my finger out of the hole. Thank god for olive oil.
(just for reference the karambit was a Fox Knives model 478)

Last edited:
only 6"2". That with my large hands and feet (14 4E) makes me look like a hobbit, I guess. Only the hair on the feet is missing. :D

But seriously, is everybody here from Asia or super old ? In North/Central Europe and the US I see tons of young guys which are bigger than me and also have trouble finding fitting shoes and gloves in stores (luckily there is Internet). Maybe these products are tailored to the average built of the generation which is 50-60 today and ignoring that human average dimensions increase constantly? Or knife nuts / blade forum users are smaller than the average for other reasons? Maybe we are compensating for a lack of height? :p

Thank you for the zt 0600. Will look into it.
Actually I have enough folders which work (most of the ones I have seen in my whole life actually fit quite well). The Eraser just caught my interest because of its nice blade shape and this review here. I like how the edge is forward and when I make a fist it is almost in line with my knuckles and not behind :thumbup: The handle, well, will reshape it a bit. Probably just make the poky corner a bit more round.

Last edited:
only 6"2". That with my large hands and feet (14 4E) makes me look like a hobbit, I guess. Only the hair on the feet is missing. :D

But seriously, is everybody here from Asia or super old ? In North/Central Europe and the US I see tons of young guys which are bigger than me and also have trouble finding fitting shoes and gloves in stores (luckily there is Internet). Maybe these products are tailored to the average built of the generation which is 50-60 today and ignoring that human average dimensions increase constantly? Or knife nuts / blade forum users are smaller than the average for other reasons? Maybe we are compensating for a lack of height? :p

Thank you for the zt 0600. Will look into it.
Actually I have enough folders which work (most of the ones I have seen in my whole life actually fit quite well). The Eraser just caught my interest because of its nice blade shape and this review here. I like how the edge is forward and when I make a fist it is almost in line with my knuckles and not behind :thumbup: The handle, well, will reshape it a bit. Probably just make the poky corner a bit more round.

Speaking as a 22 year old, and from a college with 20,000 other people my age, I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of times I've met people with hands as big as yours :eek:

Back