CRKT just blew my freaking mind.

That is a good question, the knife itself doesn't have an indication on it as to country of manufacture, nor does the box.

Mine just came in. Box says Taiwan.

Really disappointed that these are being discontinued. On top of what the others have said, I really like the smooth G10 handles. It's pretty hard to find nice knives with handles like this since a lot of people want rough texturing for whatever reason.

I'm glad I picked one up before supplies run out. That being said, if they reintroduced this with a lighter frame, I'll be picking up another one for sure.

Would this work as a "gentleman's knife", or is it too big?

Last edited:
Oh no. I played with my Eraser for 1 day and now most of the time the lock travels all the way to the right and is very hard to disengage.:confused:
Is this normal? It seems like the lock is too short or the "tang" is not long enough. Just half a millimeter or even less would make a big difference.
I don't think I can fix "too short" myself. Too long would be easy. But maybe there is a trick?:eek:
What would be the best action? Send it back to the Armarzone (3rd party seller) and hope the replacement (if he even has one) is better or send it to CRKT for fixing under warranty (can they if it is discontinued)?
Thanks guys!

(picture as soon as I can)

edit:
Here is the picture

The lock goes all the way to the right side of the blade. It is not touching the handle on the right (yet). Can it ever do that if repeated opening grinds on the lock and tang until they get a bit smaller?

Just flipping these seems to cause them to develop lock rock and travel. Flips very smooth, looks good but the lock is poorly fitted.

Here is my customized Eraser with carbon fiber handles, silver twill bolsters, carbon fiber back-spacer, along with acid stonewashed clip, blade, and liners.

Display side:
IMGP0062_zpsc44923e9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pocket Clip:
IMGP0063_zps6466aea3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Opened:
IMGP0066_zps436ddf99.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Opened 2:
IMGP0079_zps1c685f07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Carbon Fiber Back-spacer:
IMGP0078_zpsac1644c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lock-up:
IMGP0074_zpse2c1224f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Acid Stonewashed Blade:
IMGP0088_zps416d4b79.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Close-up of Silver Twill Bolsters:
IMGP0091_zps261f8ee4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Close-up of Carbon Fiber:
IMGP0090_zps3f64ade3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow, pgn49, that looks great!!

Just received mine. Very nice looking knife, the blade is perfectly centered, but I don't see/feel/get the smoothness or speed everyone is so excited about. In fact I think it's rather slow opening, maybe technique, adjustment, lube, or all required:eek:. Unique shape and nice grip, though.:thumbup:

Thank you. When I first bought mine, it was a bit slow in the action too. All I did was loosen the pivot about a 1/4 turn and played with it for a while and it got much smoother. I would put a small drop of oil in mine if it wouldn't smooth out.

I just got mine and I am very impressed with it for the ~$50 I paid new. Heck of a deal, glad I got in before they ran out. Mine flips super fast and smooth. I am a bit worried about the lock-up from what has been reported here, though I doubt it will get much hard use as the finish on the blade might be too beautiful to mess up!

Back