Cult of the peanut , members

waverave

The GEC Database, Photoshop and Tortoise Shell Guy
Platinum Member
After all that A.G. Russell Mammoth y’all last week I had to buy one. The knife arrived today and then I saw the news he had passed. Here is a beautiful example of his knives.

Jp85h55.jpg

ZhZJz9Q.jpg
Stunning!

It’s been a while folks! I for some time had left the cult. :( I used to own a beautiful Stag Peanut that I pocketed, loved, used, and rubbed. Then it fell out of my pocket one day and chipped the stag and dented up the bolsters on the asphalt! I gifted the lil’ guy and haven’t had a Peanut in the pocket since. That was about 4 years ago...
Well, I’m back! :D Hopefully the cult leaders will take me back in, and I’m assuming so...
This time I went with a Barehead with Prime Vintage Stag and I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!
Here’s some pics of my new best friend..
wjevuit.jpg

E7GvAni.jpg

M7gmzst.jpg

SaMbZBf.jpg

q6WJ0xa.jpg

Last edited:
It’s been a while folks! I for some time had left the cult. :( I used to own a beautiful Stag Peanut that I pocketed, loved, used, and rubbed. Then it fell out of my pocket one day and chipped the stag and dented up the bolsters on the asphalt! I gifted the lil’ guy and haven’t had a Peanut in the pocket since. That was about 4 years ago...
Well, I’m back! :D Hopefully the cult leaders will take me back in, and I’m assuming so...
This time I went with a Barehead with Prime Vintage Stag and I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!
Here’s some pics of my new best friend..
wjevuit.jpg

E7GvAni.jpg

M7gmzst.jpg

SaMbZBf.jpg

q6WJ0xa.jpg

Same thing, kind of, happened with my chestnut bone. A friend took it from me a few years back, to look at it, and he dropped it on some asphalt, where the peanut started to bounce around. My eyes felt like falling out as i saw this happening. What can you do...? So I took it and look for the damages, of course. The bone didn't look cracked anywhere, but the bolsters took some damage, not very much, but hey...
Anyway, I examined the peanut back at home, with a magnifying glass, and it looked quite good. I refined the bolsters a bit with some sandpaper, and it went back in my pocket. Couldn't let it go after years of pocketing it. I still do, since 2011, when it arrived, shining new, with the carbon blades waiting to get some character. The main blade it's off center, but it ain't touching the brass liner.
Anyway, welcome back to the cult bro, and thanks for sharing some very beautiful pictures of your new peanut.
Very beautiful, indeed.

Same thing, kind of, happened with my chestnut bone. A friend took it from me a few years back, to look at it, and he dropped it on some asphalt, where the peanut started to bounce around. My eyes felt like falling out as i saw this happening. What can you do...? So I took it and look for the damages, of course. The bone didn't look cracked anywhere, but the bolsters took some damage, not very much, but hey...
Anyway, I examined the peanut back at home, with a magnifying glass, and it looked quite good. I refined the bolsters a bit with some sandpaper, and it went back in my pocket. Couldn't let it go after years of pocketing it. I still do, since 2011, when it arrived, shining new, with the carbon blades waiting to get some character. The main blade it's off center, but it ain't touching the brass liner.
Anyway, welcome back to the cult bro, and thanks for sharing some very beautiful pictures of your new peanut.
Very beautiful, indeed.
Thanks my brother. A nice evenly dyed CV Chestnut is next on the list. :cool: Lol

waverave

Platinum Member
Wanted to share these with the Cult of the Peanut because you may appreciate them. In my "Traditional Knife Photoshop Fun" thread I was asked to put together a grail knife for @Wurrwulf ...he wanted a Case/Bose collaboration Peanut in ebony with long pulls, a full-size wharncliffe secondary blade, nickel/silver pins and corset shield. It turned out pretty nice!
Case_Bose_Peanut.jpg
I liked it so much I made my own grail version with single blade, bail and no shield.
Case_Bose_Peanut_bail_single_noshield.jpg

Wanted to share these with the Cult of the Peanut because you may appreciate them. In my "Traditional Knife Photoshop Fun" thread I was asked to put together a grail knife for @Wurrwulf ...he wanted a Case/Bose collaboration Peanut in ebony with long pulls, a full-size wharncliffe secondary blade, nickel/silver pins and corset shield. It turned out pretty nice!
View attachment 1005791
I liked it so much I made my own grail version with single blade, bail and no shield.
View attachment 1005790

A Wharncliffe peanut... Oh, be still my beating heart! :thumbsup: :cool:

Although I find the pen blade incredibly useful, the look of the Wharncliffe is fantastic.

View attachment 1005791
View attachment 1005790

That... is... BEAUTIFUL!!

Now... Who do we have to ransom in order to make those beauties a reality??

waverave

Platinum Member
The wharncliffe secondary is what I really love about that AG Russell pinched peanut I keep seeing here :)
That... is... BEAUTIFUL!!

Now... Who do we have to ransom in order to make those beauties a reality??
How about a BF Cult of the Peanut SFO wharncliffe Peanut in ebony :) Can someone coordinate that please?

Fodderwing

Gold Member
The wharncliffe secondary is what I really love about that AG Russell pinched peanut I keep seeing here :)

How about a BF Cult of the Peanut SFO wharncliffe Peanut in ebony :) Can someone coordinate that please?
I.m totally with you on the wharnie and the sfo. "Someone" needs to get on this... "now!"... :D

waverave

Platinum Member
I.m totally with you on the wharnie and the sfo. "Someone" needs to get on this... "now!"... :D
The cogs are turning...I am going to look into this. It might not be a Case/Bose collab but I'd bet we can find something. I really doubt it will be a problem to get enough folks in on it.

The cogs are turning...I am going to look into this. It might not be a Case/Bose collab but I'd bet we can find something. I really doubt it will be a problem to get enough folks in on it.

One question though... steel type?

1095CV Carbon is naturally preferable IMHO, but there are so many solid steels to choose from!

Regular 1095?
5160?
O-1?
VG-10?
12C27?
14C28N?

Maybe we should start a poll?

waverave

Platinum Member
I'd say let's figure out some logistics first and then we can hash out the details via polls, etc. I need to see if this is something that can be done for a reasonable cost.

Yesterday I almost asked the local knife shop to try to get a Case XX Select Wharncliffe tiny trapper for me (250 produced in 2018). Then I decided that it would be just a bit too small (1/4 inch shorter than a peanut). A Wharncliffe peanut would be the perfect solution.

I’d sure like peanut with full size clip and full size warnie blades too. I also have one of A. G.’s mammoth pinched peanuts and find it safer without the half stops. It’s walk and talk is so smooth that unlike my case peanuts, never feels like it is going to bite or jump out of my hand. Please leave out the half stops.