Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Stunning!

2. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    [​IMG]
    This also just came!!! :)

3. Seen003

Seen003

May 18, 2017
    It’s been a while folks! I for some time had left the cult. :( I used to own a beautiful Stag Peanut that I pocketed, loved, used, and rubbed. Then it fell out of my pocket one day and chipped the stag and dented up the bolsters on the asphalt! I gifted the lil’ guy and haven’t had a Peanut in the pocket since. That was about 4 years ago...
    Well, I’m back! :D Hopefully the cult leaders will take me back in, and I’m assuming so...
    This time I went with a Barehead with Prime Vintage Stag and I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!
    Here’s some pics of my new best friend..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  4. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    Same thing, kind of, happened with my chestnut bone. A friend took it from me a few years back, to look at it, and he dropped it on some asphalt, where the peanut started to bounce around. My eyes felt like falling out as i saw this happening. What can you do...? So I took it and look for the damages, of course. The bone didn't look cracked anywhere, but the bolsters took some damage, not very much, but hey...
    Anyway, I examined the peanut back at home, with a magnifying glass, and it looked quite good. I refined the bolsters a bit with some sandpaper, and it went back in my pocket. Couldn't let it go after years of pocketing it. I still do, since 2011, when it arrived, shining new, with the carbon blades waiting to get some character. The main blade it's off center, but it ain't touching the brass liner.
    Anyway, welcome back to the cult bro, and thanks for sharing some very beautiful pictures of your new peanut.
    Very beautiful, indeed.

TrapperMike and Seen003 like this.
  5. Seen003

Seen003

May 18, 2017
    Thanks my brother. A nice evenly dyed CV Chestnut is next on the list. :cool: Lol

jacktrades_nbk likes this.
  6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    That is a very special Knut right there. One of the finest I've seen. And welcome back in the fold. :cool:

7. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    Wanted to share these with the Cult of the Peanut because you may appreciate them. In my "Traditional Knife Photoshop Fun" thread I was asked to put together a grail knife for @Wurrwulf ...he wanted a Case/Bose collaboration Peanut in ebony with long pulls, a full-size wharncliffe secondary blade, nickel/silver pins and corset shield. It turned out pretty nice!
    Case_Bose_Peanut.jpg
    I liked it so much I made my own grail version with single blade, bail and no shield.
    Case_Bose_Peanut_bail_single_noshield.jpg

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    A Wharncliffe peanut... Oh, be still my beating heart! :thumbsup: :cool:

Although I find the pen blade incredibly useful, the look of the Wharncliffe is fantastic.

9. JofAllTrades

JofAllTrades

Jul 19, 2014
    That... is... BEAUTIFUL!!

Now... Who do we have to ransom in order to make those beauties a reality??

hsherzfeld, waverave and TrapperMike like this.
  10. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    The wharncliffe secondary is what I really love about that AG Russell pinched peanut I keep seeing here :)
    How about a BF Cult of the Peanut SFO wharncliffe Peanut in ebony :) Can someone coordinate that please?

Ace Rimmer and JofAllTrades like this.
  11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I.m totally with you on the wharnie and the sfo. "Someone" needs to get on this... "now!"... :D

12. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    The cogs are turning...I am going to look into this. It might not be a Case/Bose collab but I'd bet we can find something. I really doubt it will be a problem to get enough folks in on it.

13. JofAllTrades

JofAllTrades

Jul 19, 2014
    One question though... steel type?

1095CV Carbon is naturally preferable IMHO, but there are so many solid steels to choose from!

Regular 1095?
    5160?
    O-1?
    VG-10?
    12C27?
    14C28N?

Maybe we should start a poll?

14. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    I'd say let's figure out some logistics first and then we can hash out the details via polls, etc. I need to see if this is something that can be done for a reasonable cost.

JaxBaron and JofAllTrades like this.
  15. JofAllTrades

JofAllTrades

Jul 19, 2014
    If so, I will GLADLY donate to the cause!

waverave likes this.
  16. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
  17. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    Wow, I am lusting after an imaginary knife.

waverave likes this.
  18. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Yesterday I almost asked the local knife shop to try to get a Case XX Select Wharncliffe tiny trapper for me (250 produced in 2018). Then I decided that it would be just a bit too small (1/4 inch shorter than a peanut). A Wharncliffe peanut would be the perfect solution.

waverave likes this.
  19. Trad

Trad

Sep 16, 2016
    I’d sure like peanut with full size clip and full size warnie blades too. I also have one of A. G.’s mammoth pinched peanuts and find it safer without the half stops. It’s walk and talk is so smooth that unlike my case peanuts, never feels like it is going to bite or jump out of my hand. Please leave out the half stops.

waverave and Ace Rimmer like this.